House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Iran Executed A Banker For Fraud On Saturday. Others Sought.

Way to inject confidence into your economy. Anyone with any wealth in Iran will be looking to get out of the country and get there money out.

It is amazing when you hear how the UK and US labels places like China and Iran as being corrupt states, when if the same crimes by the same bankers were to be committed here they wouldn't even land a prison sentence. At best they would be fined (if they were caught) which is nothing more for them than the cost of doing business. They are more likely to be applauded over here by Camoron and his homies than looked on negatively.

Way to inject confidence into your economy. Anyone with any wealth in Iran will be looking to get out of the country and get there money out.

So you are saying every billionaire in Iran is a corrupt thief/fraudster who needs to be punished?

I would not go that far, just like the west most will be, but probably not all.

Thats pretty much whats been happening for the last 35 years unless you are well connected to the regime which is basically the Khonemi family.

while I don't think that crooked bankers should be executed I can't see why prosecuting them would undermine confidence-surely the opposite is true?

I would have more confidence in a system that prosecuted white collar crime than one that seems to turn a blind eye to it- which is the system we now have in the west.