House Price Crash Forum

Elliot Rodger, 22, Went On A Shooting Rampage In Santa Barbara, Killing Six

HOLA441
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I'm not sure that just because it's a lengthy verbose tome with the vocabulary and polish an expensive education provides that it should actually be taken any more seriously than if it was an illiterate scawl in green biro or an mural of excrement on the wall of a padded cell.

I also felt he's probably somewhere on the paranoid schizophrenic spectrum. It's often the case that these whack jobs do have semi-coherent manifestoes containing points that sane rational people can easily find themselves identifying with (Brevik and the Unabomber, spring to mind). This increases empathy levels that they were somehow rational, or a product of society, when I think they are still just total whack jobs.

The other group of unpleasant individuals, fond of manifestos, are of course politicians....

My opinion is invalidated due to the fact that I can't be bothered to read it. However ! I find it hard to believe it's worth reading. Perhaps I should. Nahhh.

HOLA443

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/30/elliot-rodger-puahate-forever-alone-reddit-forums

It was a space given to flamewars and trolling, but they saw Rodger posting things like “Men shouldn't have to look and act like big, animalistic beasts to get women. The fact that women still prioritize brute strength just shows that their minds haven't fully evolved”; “Women are not drawn to indicators of evolutionary fitness. If they were, they'd be all over me”; and “Never insult the style of Elliot Rodger. I’m the most stylish person in the world. Just look at my profile pic. That’s just one of my fabulous outfits. The sweater I’m wearing in the picture is $500 from Neiman Marcus.”

HOLA444
HOLA445

Oh...Oh...

“There's an amplification effect,” he said. “It spurs people on, and people who come in with disagreements tend to be chased out. It's made clear that dissenting opinions aren't welcome, especially ones that go against the dominant narrative.”

Still I guess that's true of any discussion forum. I suspect anyone hating fishing would not get a warm welcome at a fishing is da best forum.

HOLA446

Archived