House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Uk House Prices Are Overvalued, Warns Oecd

Tasty bit of Bear news from FT.com:

'House prices in the UK are “significantly overvalued” warned the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development on Tuesday in a new analysis of the world housing boom.'

It warned of the danger of a protracted period of large house price falls with implications for a slowdown in consumer spending.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/8b59cd22-612a-11d...00779e2340.html

;)

'House prices in the UK are “significantly overvalued” warned the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development on Tuesday in a new analysis of the world housing boom.'

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shi* :D

and Steve Wright just read out this headline on radio 2 :) it's ok everyone, I'll just reply to my own posts :huh:

It's a good idea to start a topic on a blog item - now we'll get a full analysis of the story from every angle by the HPC crew!

:)

It's a good idea to start a topic on a blog item - now we'll get a full analysis of the story from every angle by the HPC crew!

:)

hey, i spotted it before the blog-o-matic did & posted it & hey presto it appeared in the blog shortly after..

and Steve Wright just read out this headline on radio 2 :) it's ok everyone, I'll just reply to my own posts :huh:

i just heard him say that aswell, which made me look at the forum!

best thing about my job, being able to listen to the radio all day :)

Guest Riser

It warned of the danger of a protracted period of large house price falls with implications for a slowdown in consumer spending.

;)

national_redgreenQ3.gif House prices are currently overvalued by 40% compared to the long term trend B)

post-1619-1133364336_thumb.jpg

national_redgreenQ3.gif House prices are currently overvalued by 40% compared to the long term trend B)

I so hope thats true and that it corrects, with a downswing too!

I could buy a 3 bed semi with a tiny mortgage and never have to worry about moving!

;)

I don't normally get paranoid but the BBC website article on the OECD report this morning made no mention of house prices being significantly overvalued in UK, Ireland and Spain and just talked about general economic growth projectiosn. Now the entire report has disappeared. Very spooky! :unsure:

I don't normally get paranoid but the BBC website article on the OECD report this morning made no mention of house prices being significantly overvalued in UK, Ireland and Spain and just talked about general economic growth projectiosn. Now the entire report has disappeared. Very spooky! :unsure:

Intervention fom the duty NL overseer.

:o

Intervention fom the duty NL overseer.

:o

I really, really hope the country does not actually run this way but sadly it may well. Presumably Brown has the carrot of titles for BBC management who do the "right" thing and the stick of licence fee renegotiation...

If Steve Wright can mention it why the feck doesn't the BBC's supposed 'news' website mention it?

1st no mention of this weeks hometrack report, but the Nationwide is there, now this OECD report being ignored, but the bit about the OECD warning the ECB about rate rises appearing.

Are the government leaning on the BBC? Are journalists avoiding bearish article because they have a VI in keeping prices up? Are BBC editors telling journalists not to publish for similar reasons?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Edited by mustrum_ridcully

If Steve Wright can mention it why the feck doesn't the BBC's supposed 'news' website mention it?

1st no mention of this weeks hometrack report, but the Nationwide is there, now this OECD report being ignored, but the bit about the OECD warning the ECB about rate rises appearing.

Are the government leaning on the BBC? Are journalists avoiding bearish article because they have a VI in keeping prices up? Are BBC editors telling journalists not to publish for similar reasons?

Agree it looks a bit fishy...

Don't forget that this was FRONT PAGE of the FT today. It was Top Priority for them, yet completely unimportant to the BBC Business Desk....bizarre.

You forget how two top BBC execs went last year under Govt pressure.

Pour encourager les autres? Maybe those left will stay in line now...or maybe not. I am not entirely convinced of a conspiracy, it just seems odd. :ph34r:

Edited by Scooter

Article also made page 18 of early edition of London Evening Standard.

Article in Evening Standard cdredited to Alistair Foster.

I am attempting to obtain a quote from Gordon Brown,who is allegedly squirimng at this OECD comment.

WATCH THIS SPACE

;)

Oh really??!! Now there's a surprise!!!!!