House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Just Heard On The Radio...mr Osborne Will Listen To The Electorate

Not seen this in the newspapers but I heard on the radio that Mr Osborne promises to listen to the electorate after the torie disaster at the polls.

What I interpreted this as:

WE'VE NOT BEEN LISTENING AND DOING WHAT THE F**K WE LIKE TO SUIT OUR RICH FRIENDS.

4 years too late. Do us all a favour, stand down before you do any more harm.

I think you misunderstand.

The electorate know we haven't been listening and don't give a 5h1t about them. Feck me they are now voting for a new party not in the elite / corporatist system and there's a fecking election coming up! Hit the fecking panic button! We are now going to have to try and pretend we are listening the fecking plebs and give the impression we give feck and will not just do what's best for our rich friends, whilst continuing to do what the feck we like for our rich friends.

I think this is the summary you are looking for. :P

Miliband had his Jim moment and his bacon sandwich moment.

Could have just as easily been Osbo.

How any voter in the UK could ever see a difference between them now, is beyond me.

I want to see much more media humiliation.

Much much more.

Not seen this in the newspapers but I heard on the radio that Mr Osborne promises to listen to the electorate after the torie disaster at the polls.

WE'VE NOT BEEN LISTENING AND DOING WHAT THE F**K WE LIKE TO SUIT OUR RICH FRIENDS.

These institutional politicians do love to use these catchwords, thought up by their professional spin doctors, to exhaustion don't they. 'Listening to the electorate' is one of them that always seems to come out now whenever they get a drubbing (that any average Joe in the street could have seen coming!).

It's all how "we're going to listen better..." etc. BUT never an admission that the policies they have been pursuing are wrong or need to be rethought. No. Just more listening - to give the impression that they will do something that we actually want them to do. In reality of course they will do nowt and continue with their existing plans/agenda/etc because, more than anything else, they don't have the intellectual capacity to even begin to contemplate that 'alternatives' could possibly exist.

The first thing Osbourne told the Today programme was:

On BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Osborne said: "The choice at the election is do you want Ed Miliband and the Labour Party in Downing Street, or do you want David Cameron and the Conservatives in government?"

They just don't get it. What people are voting against is the exactly this fake 'choice' that sees the same mealy-mouthed, self-serving careerists returned to power, with the occasional change in rosette colour. Don't tell me what my choices are. I am rejecting that 'choice' as, clearly, many millions are too.

I wasn't going to vote for UKIP... but I was disgusted particularly by the media hatchet job that was done on them. So I voted UKIP in the European elections... but now I'm disgusted by the arrogance of reactions like Osbourne's. So I'll be voting UKIP at the general election. And I'll keep on voting for them until the idiots in Westminster get the message.

Would this be the same listening that they have been doing for ever. They may listen but they do what they want, while lying to the populace to make it seem their actions are for the greater good.

Some of Cameron's comments show how much he isn't listening. I don't want more divide and conquer politics, while the only people you really care about are the rich.

I see the report into the state of government programmes was released on the same day as the elections, another good day to bury bad news. Even with that the state of Universal Credit was excluded from the report and IDS is still lying about it.

They just don't get it. What people are voting against is the exactly this fake 'choice' that sees the same mealy-mouthed, self-serving careerists returned to power, with the occasional change in rosette colour. Don't tell me what my choices are. I am rejecting that 'choice' as, clearly, many millions are too.

I wasn't going to vote for UKIP... but I was disgusted particularly by the media hatchet job that was done on them. So I voted UKIP in the European elections... but now I'm disgusted by the arrogance of reactions like Osbourne's. So I'll be voting UKIP at the general election. And I'll keep on voting for them until the idiots in Westminster get the message.

It's interesting you say that. You are not alone. I heard several similar comments in recent months/weeks by people who claim they did finally vote UKIP.

I suspect this, barley disguised, smear tactic style campaigning against UKIP (rather than debate issues) was clearly seen for what it was by the electorate and many undecided/uncommitted UKIP potential voters. Could well be that this strategy/tactic, no doubt espoused by the professional marketing/advertising types in party central offices, has backfired on them.

They could kill the UKIP vote dead by just putting two more boxs on the election form one marked IN and one marked OUT

It's interesting you say that. You are not alone. I heard several similar comments in recent months/weeks by people who claim they did finally vote UKIP.

I suspect this, barley disguised, smear tactic style campaigning against UKIP (rather than debate issues) was clearly seen for what it was by the electorate and many undecided/uncommitted UKIP potential voters. Could well be that this strategy/tactic, no doubt espoused by the professional marketing/advertising types in party central offices, has backfired on them.

I did the same. Wasn't going to vote UKIP but did in the end. That James O'Brien interview with Farage real got on my goat!

Hear Hear ... Bravo!

I have heard this reaction from politicians for years, And just like Blair once re-elected it was business as usual. I think the Ukip factor is a refreshhing development in British politics. Maybe just maybe his spector will be powerful enough to break the LibLabCon complacency for a long time to come. And as for the Tories they are now proposing a coalition which means they want power at someone else's sucess and reputation. Instead I think ukippers should shave their heads and infiltrate their ranks.

He has been listening...the sheep wanted their houses to keep their price and he duly delivered.

They all live in a dream world conjured up by their stupid economy and now don't like the consequences of the actions he has taken... cake and eat it etc.

You may ask a CEO who he works for......His shareholders, his staff or his customers.....Ask a PM does he work for his paymasters, his staff or his electorate.....Ignore your customers at your peril. ;)

Same. The primary reason for my UKIP vote was for the main parties to get the message loud and clear.

Osborne is sounding like a dumped ex, I didn't mean it, give me one more chance, I've changed, I'll listen to you more, it can work, honest...

Could well be that this strategy/tactic, no doubt espoused by the professional marketing/advertising types in party central offices, has backfired on them.

Maybe the internet has changed the game in ways they have yet to appreciate- people seem less easy to manipulate than in the past perhaps because they are exposed to wider range of alternate views?

Not that long ago the only real sources of information were a handful of newspapers, a few radio channels and three TV channels- think how much more easily you could sculpt public opinion back then- compared to now.

Edited by wonderpup

If you look at UKIP supporters their opinion on liblabcon is exactly this. It's a complete rejection of the neoliberal post-80's laissez faire consensus by those who have been left behind or damaged by it. Now this is not to say that UKIP's political elite believe this too, but it is where they are getting the majority of their support from. These working class tories were sold the idea by the neo-liberal conservatives that deregulation, tax cuts, and letting the market do it's thing would benefit them, but they've found the exact opposite. That rather than benefiting they've been the out and out greatest loosers from these economic changes, and so they are now finally showing their displeasure. It also explains why they are picking up traditional labour voters in places such as rotherham; here the same left-behinds, but who orginate from the political left, are also finding their voice.

If you look at it in the right way it becomes obvious that a lot of the UKIP voters on these forums are part of the left-behinds too. You want the ability to buy a home at a reasonable price and have a reasonable future. But liblabcon have left you behind too....

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/02/24/where-ukip-gets-its-support/

But one of the striking things about UKIP is its appeal to older, working class former Tories, especially those who left school at 15 or 16 and earn less than £20,000 a year. They are people who might be thought to be natural Labour voters – but have tended to look to tax cuts rather than social solidarity to improve their lot. Now, five years of squeezed living standards and three decades of mounting inequality and job insecurity, many have given up on all three of the traditional main parties. UKIP has had far less success appealing to better-off voters, graduates and those under 40.

PK%20UKIP%202-3-01.png

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/04/how-ukip-turning-left-economy

Far from craving a laissez-faire approach, most of the party's supporters favour an expanded state and higher public spending. Polling by YouGov shows that 78 per cent support the nationalisation of the energy companies and 73 per cent back the renationalisation of the railways. Rather than a "code of conduct" for employers, 57 per cent simply want zero-hour contracts to be banned. Rather than a flat tax, the same number support the reintroduction of the 50p rate.

Given Ukip's success in attracting working class supporters, it makes no sense for the party to alienate them by adopting a programme of turbo-Thatcherism. In this era of insecurity, there is a large market for a party that combines hostility towards the EU and immigration with a critical stance towards big business. As Farage and his allies know, it is this approach that has enabled the Front National to achieve such success in France.

Edited by alexw

Same. The primary reason for my UKIP vote was for the main parties to get the message loud and clear.

Osborne is sounding like a dumped ex, I didn't mean it, give me one more chance, I've changed, I'll listen to you more, it can work, honest...

So you like the LIBLABCON policies?

Id say pretty much all their policies and everything they stand for is reason not to vote for them.

The fact the masses still do shows this nation is full of politically and financially illiterate idiots.

The exceptions being you vote Labour and work in the public sector or are a banker or buy2let landlord or some other parasite needing the status quo thus a Tory vote is your best bet.

If you look at UKIP supporters their opinion on liblabcon is exactly this. It's a complete rejection of the neoliberal post-80's laissez faire consensus by those who have been left behind or damaged by it. Now this is not to say that UKIP's political elite believe this too, but it is where they are getting the majority of their support from.

Yougov is joke, they tell lies to suit their PRO EU agenda ... last week UKIP voters were all elderly Tories now they are all uneducated whiteys.

Just look at the scum who is the top man of this organisation and his parasitic wife. Traitorous scum of the lowest order.

So you like the LIBLABCON policies?

Id say pretty much all their policies and everything they stand for is reason not to vote for them.

The fact the masses still do shows this nation is full of politically and financially illiterate idiots.

The exceptions being you vote Labour and work in the public sector or are a banker or buy2let landlord or some other parasite needing the status quo thus a Tory vote is your best bet.

My original post was nothing about policies. It was about sending a message to LibLabCon that it's not impossible for another party to become a serious election player, if they don't get their act together, listen and change their policies. There is the option of not voting at all, at which point you lose your right to complain.

Farage very much likes to attack the establishment, from the eu to the westminster bubble as he calls it.

When he attacked clegg and his mates for never having had a real job during the live debates he said exactly the kind of thing i would like to say to these self serving scum.

No point in letting liblabcon have another crack of the whip as they are inept failures and proven liars.