House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Thai Coup Outspoken Academics Told To Report To Military

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-coup-military-junta-continues-crackdown-by-ordering-another-35-political-figures-to-report-to-military-council-9430052.html

Thailand’s military has continued its post-coup political crackdown by ordering 35 more political figures to report to them by Saturday afternoon.

Amongst those to have been summoned by Thai military are politicians, political activists and, for the first time, a number of outspoken academics.

Thai military spokesman Colonel Werachon Sukhondhadhpatipak said that those that were on the military’s new list had until 13:00 local time (06:00 GMT) to report to the army or risk “decisive action” from the law enforcement.

The move by the Thai military, which began their coup on Thursday after talks between Thailand’s the government and anti-government groups broke down, comes one day after more than 100 politicians, including the recently deposed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, were asked to report to the military council.

Shinawatra was detained with a number of cabinet members and spent Friday night in the custody of the military in an unknown location.

According to the military junta, Shinawatra, along with the other detainees, will be kept in custody for a week to give the ruling military “time to think.”

I'm not entirely sure I'd be willing to go, it makes the job of being executed very easy for them.

Surely you had time to think whilst planning the coup. How long are you going to be detained for, what if the Generals can't think quickly will you be detained indefinitely?

One day all posters to hpc may be told to report into their local police station or face consequences.

We need a contingency plan. Coach trip to

Barbados, perhaps? :unsure:

I'm not entirely sure I'd be willing to go, it makes the job of being executed very easy for them.

I don't think they will execute anyone. Perhaps I should say hope, as I am going there tomorrow

I don't think they will execute anyone. Perhaps I should say hope, as I am going there tomorrow

To be honest neither do I but I would feel a great unease about having to hand myself in to the Military because of what I thought and said.

Sorry. I knew you were outspoken but didn't know you were an academic. :)

One day all posters to hpc may be told to report into their local police station or face consequences.

Or worse, told to report to our local estate agents for reprogramming :blink:

Or worse, told to report to our local estate agents for reprogramming :blink:

They monitor and record our phone calls, emails, private messages, text messages, instant messages, location through GPS and soon will plot our vehicle location in real time, and not just when you pass a number plate recognition installation as at present.

So I am sure they will soon be able to program us remotely, no need for us to report anywhere.

They monitor and record our phone calls, emails, private messages, text messages, instant messages, location through GPS and soon will plot our vehicle location in real time, and not just when you pass a number plate recognition installation as at present.

So I am sure they will soon be able to program us remotely, no need for us to report anywhere.

You are Stanley Tweedle, 4th grade security guard, for His Divine Shadow! And captain of the Lexx!

I have a Google App on my phone - My Tracks - which records how far I cycle/walk/run/etc, how fast I go, etc, etc. It updated itself this week and now keeps telling me that it wants to index my online files.

Why does a programme designed to help me keep fit want to know what files I have on my online drives?