House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

House Price Will Surge In Areas Around Horsham And Tunbridge Wells - New Aberdeens And Dallas Created By Fracking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636875/Billions-barrels-oil-Sussex-Hampshire-Kent-Analysis-reveals-vast-scale-energy-reserves-underneath-Home-Counties.html

Ok, I admit this is going to lead to massive protests by Nimbys, but really I can't see what the issue is with fracking.The extraction equipment leaves minimal footprint, and the stuff about earthquakes and tap water catching fire is a load of old rubbish.

If anything, it will bring a lot (and I mean a lot) of new wealth into the areas - surely these nimbys will love it as house prices rise.

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with Aberdeen will understand this.

Personally as someone living in this area, I am perfectly delighted for fracking to take place, especially if some cheaper energy gives us a chance to fix our otherwise bankrupt economy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636875/Billions-barrels-oil-Sussex-Hampshire-Kent-Analysis-reveals-vast-scale-energy-reserves-underneath-Home-Counties.html

Ok, I admit this is going to lead to massive protests by Nimbys, but really I can't see what the issue is with fracking.The extraction equipment leaves minimal footprint, and the stuff about earthquakes and tap water catching fire is a load of old rubbish.

If anything, it will bring a lot (and I mean a lot) of new wealth into the areas - surely these nimbys will love it as house prices rise.

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with Aberdeen will understand this.

Personally as someone living in this area, I am perfectly delighted for fracking to take place, especially if some cheaper energy gives us a chance to fix our otherwise bankrupt economy.

You are missing the point. You won't get any of the proceeds the government, the financiers and their chums will get 99% of the money extracted from the natural resources.

Have you not learnt anything from the last decade?

Fracking in Royal Tunbridge Wells. Yeah right! I think I will be laughing at this all afternoon.

Maybe when fuel for the 4X4 or Kia Crossover runs out and Gemma and Katie can't get to dance classes

You can't put a couple of 3-bed semis on undeveloped land without being labelled a threat to the fabric of society. Fracking will be like the nimby olympics.

I kid you not, there is an anti fraccer in Lytham whos day job is running a hogroast outfit using bottled gas. These multinational oil companies are fodder for the likes of them.

Maybe this is what hotairmail means by southerners sharp elbows- make a fuss and get greater compensation.

Edited by The Knimbies who say no

You are missing the point. You won't get any of the proceeds the government, the financiers and their chums will get 99% of the money extracted from the natural resources.

Have you not learnt anything from the last decade?

Maybe, maybe not.

My colleagues in Houston are telling me the going rate for a freshly graduated chemical engineer is now into 6 figures. This could boost the UK economy for years.

Hmmm, I like this.

Scotland goes independent so any non-Jocks in Aberdeen move south to the fracking. They push up house prices even higher. Everyone gets to pledge their transplantable organs for a 2 bed cardboard box with tap water that you can set fire to. Five years later even the native Scots in Aberdeen realise it's a shambles so they move south as well. Prices go up even more. I might drop Vladamir a note to ask if he can stir the pot a little more and make this a nailed on certainty.

Meanwhile, in my lowly northern home I'll be living la dolce vita within 15 minutes drive of mountains and scenery and both my kids can afford to buy a house.

Keep me posted, it's looking good so far.

Maybe, maybe not.

My colleagues in Houston are telling me the going rate for a freshly graduated chemical engineer is now into 6 figures. This could boost the UK economy for years.

This is what I mean. People will be moving into the area to drill holes.

I find this quite hilarious. It's been a segment of the tory right wing that has pretty much had a love-in with fracking while loathing wind power, and believe rightly or wrongly, that it is the answer to our energy woes. This has left me scratching my head since they hate windpower in large part because they believe it is unsightly, when the total visual impact of fracking is huge.

Whatever their reasons they've been extremely happy to see Lancashire fracked. But it now looks like a prime area to frack is going to be the tory heartlands. So I'm going to watch the underfolding drama and panic among the tory leadership with a lot of quiet amusement.