House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
what

Last One To Leave Please Turn Out The Lights

State Pension age to rise till 68.

Can't afford a property.

Can't afford to get married.

Can't afford to start a family.

Could life in the UK get any more depressing.

Only 30 years old and have no future in the UK

What would make it worse?

Quick list:

tax increasing,

ni increasing

new additional employment tax being invented

graduate tax

google starts charging to use the search engine

retirement being banned

compulsory national service

more wars

less energy generation

Can't afford a property.

That sums it up.

But we do have late licenses now! More time to binge drink.

That sums it up.

But we do have late licenses now! More time to binge drink.

May be the 24 hour licensing is a NL suibtle ploy the keep the nation p1ssed so they won't notice as the economy goes down the pan.

May be the 24 hour licensing is a NL suibtle ploy the keep the nation p1ssed so they won't notice as the economy goes down the pan.

:lol:

What a shyte country we live in!

might join the army to go to IRAQ. Seems to have a brighter future there!

I HATE THIS COUNTRY - FIRST CHANCE TO GET OUT I'M ON THAT BOAT

DONT WANT TO 'MISS THE BOAT' AGAIN DO I?

:angry:

Can't afford a property.

Careful, you'll have PropertyGuru or LondonLandlady on your back, telling you to 'buck up' or 'pull your finger out'...'stop whinging' etc.

I completely sympathise...the whole thing has turned into a steaming pile o'sh1te...it really is a shocking mess. It is going to get a lot worse though:

1) energy crisis (this includes conflict over remaining energy supplies...oh look, already happening in Iraq)

2) demographic timebomb (getting worse because no-one can afford to have kids due to property prices)

3) leading to pensions timebomb (no money for you when you retire...if you live that long....min you, they still want your NI contributions)

4) increasing taxes due to Gordons' Public sector mates needing gold-plated £120k non-jobs, and £10bn black hole

5) increasing personal debt because of the way money is supplied to the economy...you are a bankers slave now

6) job attrition/loss and wage suppression due to much cheaper labour overseas...continual loss of good skilled work abroad

7) Pressure of trying to get along in todays Britain turning us into a nation of aggressive binge drinkers.

At some point, if things maintain their current trajectory, then I am in no doubt that major social unrest and upheaval will be the result.

Have a nice day! :):(

Don't forget the total-surveillance police state with ID cards and full-time tracking of all cars on the roads... exit visas and full-time tracking of indviduals will follow a few years later, so if you're going to emigrate, you'd better leave soon.

The only good news is that, being run by the British police, it will be the most inept total-surveillance police state in the history of the world. The bad news is that means that even more people will be shot dead by mistake as your face unfortunately happens to look to a computer a bit like some random terrorist suspect.

Oh, and no more trial by jury if they don't shoot you. Heck, no more trial at all, you'll just be shipped off to a terrorist camp to be tortured until you confess to something.

Edited by MarkG

Careful, you'll have PropertyGuru or LondonLandlady on your back, telling you to 'buck up' or 'pull your finger out'...'stop whinging' etc.

I completely sympathise...the whole thing has turned into a steaming pile o'sh1te...it really is a shocking mess. It is going to get a lot worse though:

1) energy crisis (this includes conflict over remaining energy supplies...oh look, already happening in Iraq)

2) demographic timebomb (getting worse because no-one can afford to have kids due to property prices)

3) leading to pensions timebomb (no money for you when you retire...if you live that long....min you, they still want your NI contributions)

4) increasing taxes due to Gordons' Public sector mates needing gold-plated £120k non-jobs, and £10bn black hole

5) increasing personal debt because of the way money is supplied to the economy...you are a bankers slave now

6) job attrition/loss and wage suppression due to much cheaper labour overseas...continual loss of good skilled work abroad

7) Pressure of trying to get along in todays Britain turning us into a nation of aggressive binge drinkers.

At some point, if things maintain their current trajectory, then I am in no doubt that major social unrest and upheaval will be the result.

Have a nice day! :):(

Apart from that, everthings OK!

Turn out the lights?

You seem to be assuming they can keep the electricity on.

:lol::lol::lol:

So true. Why doesn't the government just prohibit sales of all but energy efficient lightbulbs, that might help a bit....!

:lol::lol::lol:

So true. Why doesn't the government just prohibit sales of all but energy efficient lightbulbs

And then increase the tax on them!!

Can't afford a property.

I was only thinking this morning about how much money I could get and how long it could support me if i sold EVERY single possession that I have, then getting on a plane and living modestly somewhere hot and sunny.

or have i been watching to much LOST on tv ???

Don't forget the total-surveillance police state with ID cards and full-time tracking of all cars on the roads... exit visas and full-time tracking of indviduals will follow a few years later, so if you're going to emigrate, you'd better leave soon.

ID Cards? I fully expect in time we will all be chipped at birth with those RF tags (you know like the ones they put in pets).

UM

ID Cards? I fully expect in time we will all be chipped at birth with those RF tags (you know like the ones they put in pets).

UM

I thought we were......... isn't it called National Insurance ????

But i'm sure i've already lost my no claims bonus

Can't afford a property.

Mate, just sponge off the state. The more people that do this the sooner the government will relise that they need to reward productive members of society. Until there is no reward for effort you are just a dumb bunny for trying.

I fully expect in time we will all be chipped at birth with those RF tags (you know like the ones they put in pets).

Chips are hard for cameras to pick up at a distance. It will be bar-codes on the forehead, and weekly haircuts will be compulsory, paid for by the new 'security tax' of only another 10% of your income (and since it's not income tax NuLab will claim they haven't increased taxes).

Chips are hard for cameras to pick up at a distance. It will be bar-codes on the forehead, and weekly haircuts will be compulsory, paid for by the new 'security tax' of only another 10% of your income (and since it's not income tax NuLab will claim they haven't increased taxes).

Nah. This is Blair’s poll tax, expect riots and mass civil disobedience. Alternatively, if its anything like other Nu Labour policies, ie off the back of an enevelope, no proper consultation and unworkable, then expect it to be quietly dropped before the next election on a day when they announce some other headline grabbing horsesh1t policy ' initiative ' - a tax on hoodies or bringing back the workhouse.

Nah. This is Blair’s poll tax, expect riots and mass civil disobedience.

I'm not so sure that Blair will give in that easily. Aside from ID cards being a police wet-dream for decades, it seems to be more a case of bending over for Brussels and Washington than a UK policy choice.

And hats would be outlawed of course, and compulsory botox for your forehead (to stop the wrinkles ruining the barcode pattern)

After all, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Isn't that right Mr De Menezes?

UM

After all, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Isn't that right Mr De Menezes?

Ah, but you see he'd still be alive if only he'd had a barcode on his forehead. We need them NOW to ensure the safety of the public in these terrorised times.

(Politics 101: how to turn a disaster to your advantage)