House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
awaytogo

Rise In Eu Immigration To The Uk

Ever wonder why the politicns are hell bent on immigration policy despite most of the country turning to UKIP.

Well, here is my view of the economy ( aka the housing market ):

350px-Pyramid_scheme.svg.png

We're on level 10 or 11....we'll soon need another 360 Million bodies to keep their debt based system ticking along.

Anyone seem any problem with such a model ?

There must be some way of making some money from those immigrants - oh yes via rent extraction.

It would be interesting to see a map of where they're all destined because there are few and far foreigners around here. Quite a lot hanging around the edges of Clifton (Bristol) in the HMO's.

Guess i'd rather live in a white ethnic ghetto than a foreign ethnic ghetto - but then everyone to their own.

In the year ending December 2013, of the 62,000 EU15 citizens immigrating to the UK for work- related reasons, 39,000 migrated to the UK for a definite job and the remaining 24,000 intend to look for work. A similar increase is shown in the NINo allocations to EU15 nationals (Figure 3.15) which have increased by 8% to 190,000 in the year ending March 2014.

Polish nationals continue to receive the most NINo allocations, 102,000 in the year ending March 2014, an increase of 11,000 (12%) on the previous year (please see table 2 in section 3).

16,000 EU2 citizens immigrated for work-related reasons in the year ending December 2013, of which 11,000 reported having a definite job, a statistically significant increase from 2,000 in the previous year. NINo registrations to EU2 nationals were amongst the largest increases in the year ending March 2014, with registrations to Romanian nationals increasing 29,000 (163%) to 47,000 and for Bulgarian nationals increasing 7,000 (71%) to 18,000. The NINo statistics represent a flow measure of new registrations by non-UK nationals registering for a National Insurance Number.

Registrations can be a period of weeks, months or years after arrival in the UK. For the EU2,

Quite bizarre that the entire political debate in a country of c 62,000,000 people has been hijacked by a braying donkey over a few tens of thousands of people from Romania.

He's clearly quite insane along with the rest of the Westminster/City establishment.

I suppose it just goes to show how gullible most people are when lied to repeatedly via the media.

Edited by R K

Quite bizarre that the entire political debate in a country of c 62,000,000 people has been hijacked by a braying donkey over a few tens of thousands of people from Romania.
He's clearly quite insane along with the rest of the Westminster/City establishment.
I suppose it just goes to show how gullible most people are when lied to repeatedly via the media.

This is for last year though, before the restrictions were lifted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27517379

EU workers still flooding here making it harder for our workers to find get jobs.

Actually offset by British workers flooding 'there' making it harder for 'them' to find jobs (following your logic)

The latest long-term international migration estimates for the year ending December 2013 show that:
526,000 people immigrated to the UK;
314,000 people emigrated from the UK;
net migration (the difference between these figures) was 212,000.
Worth reading the ONS report to see how horribly you've been duped by the likes of Farage.
Most migrants are from non-EU and are students.

A picture is worth thousand words.

As Lo-Fi noticed British migration more less offset by EU migration. Roughly 40% of EU net migration is from EU15.

sgmyqo.jpg

This is for last year though, before the restrictions were lifted

The largest increases in NINo registrations in the year ending March 2014 were for citizens of Romania (up 29,000 to 47,000), Poland (up 11,000 to 102,000), Italy (up 9,000 to 42,000) and Bulgaria (up 7,000 to 18,000) from the previous year.
Seems to include some data up to March 2014.
In any event they'll have to go it some to overtake those dastardly Poles (all of whom I've met seem just lovely)

has been hijacked by a braying donkey over a few tens of thousands of people from Romania.

Could you post the figures for non working and criminals out of interest?

People are commodities....growing population means gdp growth.....high emigration imo was engineered and encouraged, this was not something that just happened, it was made to happen, so it did...policy creates behaviours. ;)

Actually offset by British workers flooding 'there' making it harder for 'them' to find jobs (following your logic)

Worth reading the ONS report to see how horribly you've been duped by the likes of Farage.
Most migrants are from non-EU and are students.

Thanks for posting this. Saved me hunting it down because I knew i'd read this too. I see so much sense posted on this forum, until it comes to politics when it seems often all critical thinking goes out of the window.

I remember seeing on the BBC that EU migrants pay in a lot more than they take out in tax on average. Non-EU immigration was the opposite however.

If it was on the BBC it must be true.

I hope they highlighted how white British, especially the working class are lazy and dont want to work.

Immigrants are good for cheap labour which is good for the globalists, its good for people of poor countries but crap for people from wealthier nations .... Simple concept just lefties are too thick to figure it out.

Edited by Corruption

The official stats aren't really to be trusted.

The ONS states that there are around 66,000 French people living in London, whereas the French consulate estimates it to be around 270,000.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26823489

When one official figure is four times the other you know they haven't got a clue how many people are in the UK.

Hardly surprising when you count people in but not out. ;)

Thanks for posting this. Saved me hunting it down because I knew i'd read this too. I see so much sense posted on this forum, until it comes to politics when it seems often all critical thinking goes out of the window.

Except that the quoted statement (that most immigrants are students) is just factually wrong.

From the ONS website summarizing their quarterly report on immigration released today:

214,000 immigrated for work in the year ending December 2013, a statistically significant increase from 180,000 the previous year. Work remains as the most common reason for immigrating to the UK. Immigration for study (177,000) has remained steady.
Edited by richc

Except that the quoted statement (that most immigrants are students) is just factually wrong.

From the ONS quarterly report on immigration released today:

....many came in as students, then started to work, then stayed. ;)

From the ONS quarterly report on immigration released today:

Don't go posting facts, that would be too much like common sense.

People can discuss the veracity of the stats, but to disprove them would require another set of stats that are more trustworthy.

The latest OECD report says it is neutral in terms of economic benefits, so it's a busted flush on that front, so overall it's detrimental as all it does is increase demand for infrastructure and resources.

The OECD report that came out last year on the fiscal impact of immigration is endlessly referred to by journalists, but none of them seem to have read it.

Averaged across major western economies, the fiscal impact of immigration was a wash, but the way they came up with that number was by giving equal weight to Luxembourg (a minute economy where a small number of highly paid bankers make a positive impact) and Germany (a huge economy where a large number of low-skilled Turkish migrants have a negative impact). The report said that the impact in the UK, at the moment, is neutral, but that in the future, as low-paid migrants start to retire, the impact will be negative.