House Price Crash Forum
1929crash

Krustie Allsopp On Question Time Tonight

It's been a while since we had a 'hate Krustie' thread so I thought her imminent appearance on BBC QT would afford us the opportunity.

They'll be discussing the bubble that isn't, and how Help to Buy is a good thing.

I think I'll eat my own hat.

I'd like to predict whe will use these phrases:

1) No bubble

2) Sustainable

3) Good value

4) Government scheme

5) Low interest rates

6) No bubble

7) Phil can help you buy.

8) Offer over the asking price

9) affordable

10) Gullible sheeple who'll be any sh*t I say.

Mabey Krusty got the same handwritten note from Carney as Lloyds. She is coming on air to talk down the market and say what a terrible time it is to BTFATH against a backdrop of falling real wages and rising interest rates.

I'd like to predict whe will use these phrases:

1) No bubble

2) Sustainable

3) Good value

4) Government scheme

5) Low interest rates

6) No bubble

7) Phil can help you buy.

8) Offer over the asking price

9) affordable

10) Gullible sheeple who'll be any sh*t I say.

You missed "fantastic investment potential."

I do hope no-one confuses her with an economist, that would be car crash tv.

Depends on which Economist we are talking about. There really wouldn't be a great difference in knowledge compared with many Economists! :P

Yeah, I think I can give QT a miss. I really can't afford to keep buying new TV's :P

Perhaps, but think of all the jobs you'll be creating with that extra demand.

People like Krustie, Osborne and IDS could help the economy grow again.

The fact that this woman is being wheeled out this week is a sure sign the market is in BIG trouble.

I think they think she is trusted and people will take on board what she says. I expect this will be a ramp-a-thon.

They can say what they want but it's 100 certain where the housing market will be in 1-12 months time....down the pan.

Perhaps, but think of all the jobs you'll be creating with that extra demand.

People like Krustie, Osborne and IDS could help the economy grow again. by f**king off.

The fact that this woman is being wheeled out this week is a sure sign the market is in BIG trouble.

I think they think she is trusted and people will take on board what she says. I expect this will be a ramp-a-thon.

They can say what they want but it's 100 certain where the housing market will be in 1-12 months time....down the pan.

Relatively speaking if property dropped 30% it would be fair value thus not sown the pan.

Kirstie will bang on against Mansion tax, and blame Stamp Duty for everything else.

Then give everyone on the panel a hand-made corn dolly.

Edited by juvenal

It's just occurred to me, I've been saying houses are overpriced and a correction should happen for 10 years now. Why should anything change now? ;-)

How I wished i'd followed everyone else and piled in with a huge mortgage back then and enjoyed 10 years of some of the lowest interest rates ever........

It's just occurred to me, I've been saying houses are overpriced and a correction should happen for 10 years now. Why should anything change now?

Did you miss 2007. Everything changed. House sales/prices collapsed. Actual sale prices round here are still stuck at 2004 prices. Sales volumes half of what they were.

We now have government backed banks lending freshly printed money to any mug willing to buy and also guaranteeing the banks wont loose if they lend to them and it all goes belly up.

You still think under those circumstance buying a house in the UK is a sensible option ?

Do you think there is anything remotely "normal" about the current economic conditions ?

Why are interest rates still 0.5% ?

Why are savers being robbed ?

Why are the government not making cuts ?

Why do we have unlimited immigration ?

Why is a Prime Minister talking up what is clearly a housing bubble ?

A better option....don't buy and get the f*** out while you can !!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I loathe this woman, but I'm curious to hear just what she thinks the current state of the housing market is in, bubble or below 2007 peak.

Prices too high or the lack of cheap mortgages the real problem.

she is a symptom, not the cause. Seems a nice enough lady with a good TV personality, not her fault that this combined with a posh background and expensive education means some see her as an expert on housing policy and economics

But yeah, gave up QT long ago unless there's someone outside LibLabCon (Galloway, Farage etc) who doesn't talk in cliches

she is a symptom, not the cause. Seems a nice enough lady with a good TV personality, not her fault that this combined with a posh background and expensive education means some see her as an expert on housing policy and economics

No, she is quite ghastly, and makes Merkel look "nice" and "good TV personality".

"I always told people not to pay more than they could afford."

I expect a whine about the banks recent attempts to reign in their irresponsible lending, its what all her mortgaged spoiled yummy mummy ignorant 'friends' would have been telling her to say. It will be "bad for the economy", and "no-one will be able to buy a house". (or sell one, coincidently enough).

I wonder if the very idea of prices coming down to affordable levels could actually make it into the 'discussion', her head might explode at the very notion of such a thing.