House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Uk's Free Market At Risk From 'forces Of Pessimism',

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2634476/UKs-free-market-risk-forces-pessimism-says-Osborne-Chancellor-claims-Labour-populist-Right-waging-war-big-business.html

"Britain's status as a free-market nation is at risk from ‘the forces of pessimism’ who are waging war on big business, George Osborne will claim today. "

That's right folks....the free market that's supported by schemes such as FLS/HTB1/HTB2/Q.E./The prime minister doing photo shoots/The PM saying house prices could rise for 4 years.

The forces of pessimism must be heavier than the forces of fundamentals !!!!

For me Osborne just admitted that their "recovery" is based on talk/sentiment. There has been no fundamental change in the UK over the last 4 years, no real jobs, no real investment, no real cuts....Just talk.

There is certainly no free market at the moment.

The bloke is out of his depth, he has no idea of what they problems are and how to solve them if you ask me.

Free market....funniest thing I've heard in a long time. :D:D:D:D I can only think by pessimism he means "truth"...I think maybe HPC is to blame...out glasses aren't half empty they are empty.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2634476/UKs-free-market-risk-forces-pessimism-says-Osborne-Chancellor-claims-Labour-populist-Right-waging-war-big-business.html

"Britain's status as a free-market nation is at risk from ‘the forces of pessimism’ who are waging war on big business, George Osborne will claim today. "

That's right folks....the free market that's supported by schemes such as FLS/HTB1/HTB2/Q.E./The prime minister doing photo shoots/The PM saying house prices could rise for 4 years.

For me Osborne just admitted that their "recovery" is based on talk/sentiment. There has been no fundamental change in the UK over the last 4 years, no real jobs, no real investment, no real cuts....Just talk.

The bloke is out of his depth, he has no idea of what they problems are and how to solve them if you ask me.

Free market....funniest thing I've heard in a long time. :D:D:D:D I can only think by pessimism he means "truth"...I think maybe HPC is to blame...out glasses aren't half empty they are empty.

Actually, it sounds like he's pissed off that Pfizer wasn't able to asset-strip AstraZenica. The fact that the majority of M&A stuff that goes on is destructive - to shareholders, employees and customers - seems to have passed him by.

Actually, the forces of pessimism are the ones that force him to "take Action". ie, The Government fears it is losing the propaganda war and therefore their jobs, so they are the ones feeling the "pessimism", and then they act to make themselves feel better.

They fix the "free market" with funds they remove FROM the market and wonder why there suddenly is imbalance..they then (long ago) have to readjust the market, and this goes on and on, sucking more and more out of it, and they wonder why it still doesnt work.

George "I Love my Offshore Trust Fund" Osborne. What a tw*t. What "free" market would that be then? Would he be reffering to the rigged property market, the rigged banking industry, the rigged stock market, the rigged utility supply business etc etc, or would he just be reffering to communism for the rich in general?

Because a little bit of Everything is always Good...

http://www.itsarandomworld.com/2014/03/24/

Actually, it sounds like he's pissed off that Pfizer wasn't able to asset-strip AstraZenica. The fact that the majority of M&A stuff that goes on is destructive - to shareholders, employees and customers - seems to have passed him by.

It would have benefitted Tory backers in the Citeh.

The only thing that interests them.

Right that's that dealt with.

What have you got next for us Osborne?

Whoa whoah whoah.... i typed "G.I.D.E.O.N." and it came out as "Osborne".. :blink:

Edited by shindigger

Douglass (free market) Carswell was accusing anti Pfizer people of being 'protectionist.' on Twitter. Amazing how gung ho these free marketeers are when its not their job on their line.

I asked if he was against 'Help To Buy' and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Agree with RK. Pfizer would have been a win win for the Tories. A nice City earner, plus the Tories get to demonize the resultant unemployed chemists as 'scroungers.'

All the Tory right wing, are pretty much City/Rentier shills.

Is it something to do with reducing the debt that he's going on about. Is he bothered there's not enough imputed rent being put in the GDP figures or something.

He's going to really spook the CBI with all that talk of free markets rather than taxpayer handouts, money from swindled savers and government subsidies.

it seems to me the tories are squealing like little piggies as they've just realised their london mega bubble isn't going to take them to the election.

Could be electioneering or the system could be ****ed again

At that point you might as well try and pretend that you are working hard to sort out the mess caused by those bad bankers....meanwhile those bad bankers are asking the government to sort out their mess.

Squeal piggies squeal.

Is it something to do with reducing the debt that he's going on about. Is he bothered there's not enough imputed rent being put in the GDP figures or something.

He's going to really spook the CBI with all that talk of free markets rather than taxpayer handouts, money from swindled savers and government subsidies.

Well, if the general public wants to stop the City doing something massively harmful purely to line it's own pockets, then Free Markets are suddenly very important and we can't possibly interfere.

However, if the City gets into trouble due to engaging in a self-serving whirlwind of coke-fuelled gambling, then it's vitally important that the government pours in vast quantities of taxpayer's money 'To preserve our international competitive position' (or whatever). Naturally it can't ask for anything in return, because free markets.

it seems to me the tories are squealing like little piggies as they've just realised their london mega bubble isn't going to take them to the election.

Could be electioneering or the system could be ****ed again

At that point you might as well try and pretend that you are working hard to sort out the mess caused by those bad bankers....meanwhile those bad bankers are asking the government to sort out their mess.

Squeal piggies squeal.

Ah ha! Probably doing nobody any good at all!

Sounds like Bertie Ahern's famous comment about people who were talking down the economy committing suicide. 'Twasn't long before the Irish set up collapsed. It's all portents of the coming Great Reset.

Go pessimism......

Britain's status as a free-market nation is at risk from ‘the forces of pessimism’ who are waging war on big business, George Osborne will claim today.

He's harking back to the days when the Conservative party (these days they're pretending to be the old Conservative party) might have stood up for a true free market rather than their deep involvement in the LibLabCon manipulated market that the UK has now been levered into by the LibLabCon.

His comments also suggest that as from now and upto the 2015 general election the Coalition partners will again be pretending to have different policies and they might even offer policies that will be attractive to sections of the electorate including the young and not so young, savers, debtors, house owners, non house owners and renters - you get the picture. If they gain power again none of it will make any difference to the actual policies employed by the LibLabCon after the 2015 election and promises will be reneged on as necessary including any free market promises implied in the doublespeak by Osborne above.

Most of the people who he's talking to are too attached to taxpayer handouts, money swindled from savers, manipulated house prices and government subsidies in general to welcome a free market.

Edited by billybong

Britain's status as a free-market nation is at risk

:lol: Too funny- Britain led the way in bailing out the banks when the 'free market' looked to be about to take effect and wipe out decades of ill gotten wealth- and just for good measure Osborne has now inserted the state into the the housing market for all time.

Like taxes 'free markets' are for the little guy- God forfend that the invisible hand should lay a finger on the rich and powerful.

Osborne should just sit down before he hurts himself. :lol:

Well, if the general public wants to stop the City doing something massively harmful purely to line it's own pockets, then Free Markets are suddenly very important and we can't possibly interfere.

However, if the City gets into trouble due to engaging in a self-serving whirlwind of coke-fuelled gambling, then it's vitally important that the government pours in vast quantities of taxpayer's money 'To preserve our international competitive position' (or whatever). Naturally it can't ask for anything in return, because free markets.

Post Of The Moment.

(I only issue "momentary" awards because I might come across another post I really like, afterwards... :) )

:lol: Too funny- Britain led the way in bailing out the banks when the 'free market' looked to be about to take effect and wipe out decades of ill gotten wealth- and just for good measure Osborne has now inserted the state into the the housing market for all time.

I agree with you. Im off for a lie down.