House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Optobear

All The Recent Press, Is The Threat Of A Strong Ukip Showing Spooking The Markets?

Lots of coverage in the last few days, Carney, Cameron, Clegg, Cable with concerns over possible effects of rising interest rates.

I can't help wondering if the Government are afraid that a UKIP landslide on thursday will unnerve the financial markets? If UKIP's showing puts them as the largest vote winner then foreign investors might start to doubt the status of Gilts, especially if UKIP would unpick the relationship with Europe.

Is this talk reflecting a real fear that Britain might need to raise interest rates soon (as soon as friday) to keep the debt financed?

Optobear (for the first time in ages!)

Lots of coverage in the last few days, Carney, Cameron, Clegg, Cable with concerns over possible effects of rising interest rates.

I can't help wondering if the Government are afraid that a UKIP landslide on thursday will unnerve the financial markets? If UKIP's showing puts them as the largest vote winner then foreign investors might start to doubt the status of Gilts, especially if UKIP would unpick the relationship with Europe.

Is this talk reflecting a real fear that Britain might need to raise interest rates soon (as soon as friday) to keep the debt financed?

Yes, hadn`t seen you posting in a while. Anything where sheeple get to put their actual views across will spook the markets, as the game is not run for sheeple.

chance would be a fine thing. UKIP are just as pro-bankster as the rest of them.

Yep, that. Although I guess one angle might be that if the UK public, with its tradition of extremely safe and predictable voting, are willing to accept lunatics just to make a point, then the whole shithouse might just be on fire.

What would happen to the markets if UKIP got their way?

Maybe panic for a day or two, then back to normal. Unless alex jones is right and globalists like soros really do own everything and decide on having starving people on the streets to teach them a lesson in not voting in establishment types. Of course, I wouldnt buy into such 'nonsense' :rolleyes:

Yep, that. Although I guess one angle might be that if the UK public, with its tradition of extremely safe and predictable voting, are willing to accept lunatics just to make a point, then the whole shithouse might just be on fire.

Never stopped them the last 100 years or so. Im not sure how giving the country to banksters is 'safe' though.

Its UKIP shills or liblabcon shills.

And the comedy gold continues...

Ukip is a threat to Britain's 'free market' economy, says Osborne

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/10845206/Ukip-is-a-threat-to-economy-says-George-Osborne.html

Ukip rise and prospect of Labour rule threaten British consensus that governments must stay out of markets, says Chancellor

...says the guy who invented Help to Buy. By the way, this is currently the top story on the Telegraph website, along with several other opinion pieces on UKIP.

It's almost like an orchestrated anti-UKIP campaign...

Don't like UKIP at all, but the recent LibLabCon/BBC/Murdoch press/establishment stitch up is disgraceful. Makes Putin's Russia look like a model of democracy compared to ours.

Excellent! :lol::lol::lol:

“Sadly, that consensus that we put the national economic interest first — ahead of opportunist party advantage — is under threat for the first time in 25 years.

:lol::lol:

Farce.

25 years ago was 1989 - the peak of the last Conservative housing boom and a year before Thatcher was deposed.

“Sadly, that the LibLabCon consensus that we put the national economic LibLabCon interest first — ahead of opportunist party for LibLabCon advantage — is under threat for the first time in 25 years.

That's more accurate. It's falling apart for the LibLabCon from within and from UKIP.

Edited by billybong

A good showing for UKIP in the local/Euro elections and I think UKIP might be the fall guy for the whole stinking lot crashing.

They'll use it as an excuse to raise interest rates, crash prices and stay in the EU... look what happens when you vote UKIP, the markets get spooked, we have to raise rates to combat it and your house prices have crashed therefore the only safe thing is to stay in the EU to protect your house prices.

BRING IT ON! I'm still voting UKIP :D

A good showing for UKIP in the local/Euro elections and I think UKIP might be the fall guy for the whole stinking lot crashing.

They'll use it as an excuse to raise interest rates, crash prices and stay in the EU... look what happens when you vote UKIP, the markets get spooked, we have to raise rates to combat it and your house prices have crashed therefore the only safe thing is to stay in the EU to protect your house prices.

BRING IT ON! I'm still voting UKIP :D

Why not join the Euro while we're at it?

If only we had.. :(

Joy for Homebuyers etc etc....

How long before the Express runs the headline "Voting UKIP will reduce your HOUSE PRICE by 50%"

Now that would stop people voting for them! Not like all the current media hate nonsense! I'm so sick of it, I may even throw my vote to UKIP on Thursday.

Don't like UKIP at all, but the recent LibLabCon/BBC/Murdoch press/establishment stitch up is disgraceful. Makes Putin's Russia look like a model of democracy compared to ours.

I wonder if they are going so far at attacking us that people support us just because they don't like the stitch up.

I am still amazed that a Lib Dem councilor beat up an immigrant and it wasn't reported by any other than his local newspaper. If he had been a UKIP councilor we would never have heard the last of it.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/11067497.Worcester_Park_councillor_convicted_for_racially_aggravated_assault_in_train_station_pub/%20%20/

I wonder if they are going so far at attacking us that people support us just because they don't like the stitch up.

Certainly a major factor for me. I didn't vote UKIP last time, but I will this time.

No.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

chance would be a fine thing. UKIP are just as pro-bankster as the rest of them.

The only real 'advantage' UKIP offer is that they haven't really coalesced as an established political force yet.

Should they achieve mainstream electoral success and get their political party act in shape, they will be just as corrupt as all the other mainstream parties.

However, at the moment they seem to be very much a collection of individuals with only really their opposition to the EU in common. Some are sensible and intelligent, some are bigotted idiots and with no effective party machine to keep them in line we get to hear raw, unfiltered opinions from them in a way you would never get from a Lib/Lab/Tory politician. Of course, the media are using this as an opportunity to do a number of the party generally as they focus on the idiots (witness recent Channel 4 News interview with a big donor to the party).

Even if they end up like the mainstream parties they have one big difference and that's in their name. The United Kingdom Independence Party - so voters know they're voting for that at least.

Conservatives, Labour, LibDem - names that mean nothing and can stand for anything and that's been proved over and over and over again.

It's refreshing to vote for something that won't be reneged on.

Edited by billybong

Even if they end up like the mainstream parties they have one big difference and that's in their name. The United Kingdom Independence Party - so voters know they're voting for that at least.

Conservatives, Labour, LibDem - names that mean nothing and can stand for anything and that's been proved over and over and over again.

It's refreshing to vote for something that won't be reneged on.

Ha ha. Don't be so sure. Labour are now the party of non-working rentiers/welfare idlers. And in what way are the Tories still "conservative", more like the "largesse" party. Lib Dems (no longer liberal or democratic).I rest my case.

Ha ha. Don't be so sure. Labour are now the party of non-working rentiers/welfare idlers. And in what way are the Tories still "conservative", more like the "largesse" party. Lib Dems (no longer liberal or democratic).I rest my case.

Exactly but their vague names enable them have any policies they want and to renege accordingly.

The words United Kingdom Independence doesn't offer so much scope to renege.

Edited by billybong