House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Pension At 68

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4484226.stm

Turner report

A gradual rise in the state pension age to 68 has been put forward as part of a major proposed shake-up of UK pensions

Well that sounds so much better than 69 I think that everyone will breath a sigh of relief.

Eeek

"Nice. Perhaps the Govt is hoping we will all die before they have to pay us our pension money back. Life expectancy for males in Glasgow is currently 69.3 years. So much for enjoying your retirement."

Now thats scary.

Retire, relax for a few months and die.

Turner report

A gradual rise in the state pension age to 68 has been put forward as part of a major proposed shake-up of UK pensions

Well that sounds so much better than 69 I think that everyone will breath a sigh of relief.

Eeek

"Nice. Perhaps the Govt is hoping we will all die before they have to pay us our pension money back. Life expectancy for males in Glasgow is currently 69.3 years. So much for enjoying your retirement."

Now thats scary.

It is bound to go up. School leaving age went up just as I was starting to think I was going to escape! :D So it would be just my luck for the retirement age to go up just as I get there! They're out to get me. :ph34r:

Turner report

Eeek

Now thats scary.

But average life expectancy is likely to be pushing 90 by 2050, giving people 20 years of retirement on average -- more than the 13 years they get now with life expectancy of around 78 years. Even your poor Glaswegians should be living to their late seventies and getting ten years of retirement, compared with four years now.

School leaving age went up just as I was starting to think I was going to escape! :D So it would be just my luck for the retirement age to go up just as I get there! They're out to get me. :ph34r:

...and they changed the 'AA' certificate to '15' just as I turned 14. Grrr. :D