House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

House Prices Can Keep Rising, Says David Cameron.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/houseprices/10842491/House-prices-can-keep-rising-says-David-Cameron.html

Prime Minister downplays a warning by Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England, and says Help To Buy is not stoking a bubble.

House prices could go on rising for four more years without causing concern, David Cameron suggested on Monday.

Speaking after the Bank of England raised the prospect of interventionto cool the property market, the Prime Minister urged people to be “careful” over talk of a housing bubble.

Surveys suggest that house prices in Britain are rising by more than 10 per cent a year, and by more than 40 per cent a year in parts of London.

Some economists fear buyers could be taking on unsustainable levels of debt.

Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England, said on Sunday that the housing market posed the “biggest risk” to the economic recovery. He suggested he could intervene to stop banks lending large mortgages.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm voting UKIP at the next General Election!

Edited by Bruce Banner

Well, there you go. "Vigilance" means they're happy to allow 4 more years of house price increases (conveniently taking them well past the next GE) before they'll even have any "concern".

Any reason why 4 years, specifically? I would read the article, but I've decided not to read Telegraph articles any more, unless absolutely necessary. Too much anti-UKIP guff and stupid articles playing off different racial groups, socio-economic groups, genders etc for my taste at present.

Well, there you go. "Vigilance" means they're happy to allow 4 more years of house price increases (conveniently taking them well past the next GE) before they'll even have any "concern".

Any reason why 4 years, specifically? I would read the article, but I've decided not to read Telegraph articles any more, unless absolutely necessary. Too much anti-UKIP guff and stupid articles playing off different racial groups, socio-economic groups, genders etc for my taste at present.

4 years is when the banking regulation is DUE to come in

Interestign though.

Carney and Cameron has played out their little act in public then he comes out and says prices can keep going up.

Maybe it's just them trying to get people to panic buy after all.

Shameless ****s

4 years is when the banking regulation is DUE to come in

Oh yeah... which will probably be conveniently cancelled at the time, after enough people have forgotten all about it. Wow, I'm in a cynical mood today! :)

What a massive **** that man is.

Pushing me towards a tactical vote for whoever looks most like beating the local Tory tbh

That's what i'm doing.

I want to ****** his shit up.

Is this just Cameron point scoring off of Clegg's comment about backing the BOE should they feel the need to act on the current bubble? Cameron can say, 'look potential voters, I wasn't for these unpopular measures taken against the bubble, that was the BOE and the Lib Dems. Looks that way to me.

That's what i'm doing.

I want to ****** his shit up.

You need to work out what his game is.

He must know 4 years of price rises is not on the cards...4 weeks is not going to happen now :lol:

What's he really up to ?

He must know 4 years of price rises is not on the cards...4 weeks is not going to happen now :lol:

What's he really up to ?

Scoring political points by going against Clegg's comment regarding possible intervention regarding the bubble?

Is this just Cameron point scoring off of Clegg's comment about backing the BOE should they feel the need to act on the current bubble? Cameron can say, 'look potential voters, I wasn't for these unpopular measures taken against the bubble, that was the BOE and the Lib Dems. Looks that way to me.

They do seem to be point scoring/deflecting/shafting.

For what aim though ?

This who thing in my opinion reeks of desperation, corruption, stupidity, lunacy, greed, etc etc etc etc etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/houseprices/10843326/David-Cameron-ready-to-cut-back-Help-to-Buy-scheme-as-house-prices-rise.html

Which is it Dave ?

I am ashmed to have voted for the tories. I never thought anyone could be worse than gordon brown.

P.S. Why does the PM has so much to say on a free market ? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

If there really was going to be 4 years of price rises, the bust will be spectacular.

*Unless wages rise proportionally, which Asia and unemployment in the EZ will ensure does not happens.

To all the price rise fanatics - where is the lower cost of borrowing going to come from? Surely the efficent market has priced in mamimum property and rent by now?

What's he really up to ?

Extend and Pretend.

Desparate to push this mofo over the General Election finishing line. I know a daft bint borrowing up to her ampits for a two-bed in Northolt. I've given up warning her, as her 'life is on hold'. I kid you not - she used those exact words.

The next six months will be interesting.

What's he really up to ?

Dont care. Hes a pasty faced tory ****.

Cameron is electioneering. Obiousely he hasn't been reading the public to the opinion

"about our young ones struggling to get on the housing ladder!"

Fair enough he will ignore the 18-35 crowd and listen to the 35-90, but there is massive amount of resentment spilling over into this group. He can't possibly win an election based on inflating the cost of housing.

If there really was going to be 4 years of price rises, the bust will be spectacular.

It would probably take the market back to where we are today. Some people made their money by buying to bubbles when others thought they would pop.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/gold/7259161/George-Soros-buys-gold-despite-dubbing-it-ultimate-bubble.html

Remember bubbles by definition are usually big increments on the previous top - we are only now comparing the market to 2007, at 2007+40% it would not be unusual in the context of tulips etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/houseprices/10843326/David-Cameron-ready-to-cut-back-Help-to-Buy-scheme-as-house-prices-rise.html

Which is it Dave ?

I am ashmed to have voted for the tories. I never thought anyone could be worse than gordon brown.

P.S. Why does the PM has so much to say on a free market ? :rolleyes:

Whoever you vote for the Government always get in - and they are not working for you. The supposed shade makes no odds, mate.