House Price Crash Forum

Blondie Live Set At Bbc Maida Vale - 40Th Anniversary

R K

HOLA441
HOLA442

Ms Harry never put on an ounce of weight! My favourite scene is in the original "Hairspray" where a clock-bomb explodes on her head!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I remember a conversation back in the late 70's. My friend told me that Debbie Harry was "really old, like, thirty."

Still looked good though!

HOLA447
HOLA448

I have a large Debbie Harry mirrored picture that I've had since the turn of the 70's/80's. Very stylish and almost everyone who visits my house covets it, including my sons friends. It's quite a rare piece of memorabilia now but no way would I sell it.

HOLA449

I have a large Debbie Harry mirrored picture that I've had since the turn of the 70's/80's. Very stylish and almost everyone who visits my house covets it, including my sons friends. It's quite a rare piece of memorabilia now but no way would I sell it.

That's great! As Mr Amish points out most mirrors make me look like my dad!

HOLA4410

Hmmm.. they sound good in places, but sadly Harry and Stein both look like someone wheeled them out of the care home :unsure:

People like Jagger really kept themselves in shape and look great onstage. It must have taken huge effort and motivation though.

HOLA4411

That's great! As Mr Amish points out most mirrors make me look like my dad!

I already mentioned this on a music thread a while back, but Deb(bie)orah Harry is 33 in this clip...

As for the state of the rest of the band my understanding is that they invested everything they earned in a lot of drugs.

HOLA4412

I already mentioned this on a music thread a while back, but Deb(bie)orah Harry is 33 in this clip...

As for the state of the rest of the band my understanding is that they invested everything they earned in a lot of drugs.

She looks quite stiff when she moves even here, as if she was wearing a back brace or something. So age is not the reason she doesn`t move much in the recent video? I assume they have replaced the keyboard player and a guitarist with younger versions, or did they just do Botox instead of hard drugs? Great band BTW.

HOLA4413

I remember a conversation back in the late 70's. My friend told me that Debbie Harry was "really old, like, thirty."

What hit me at the time was the realisation that she was only four years younger than my mum.

HOLA4414

She looks quite stiff when she moves even here, as if she was wearing a back brace or something. So age is not the reason she doesn`t move much in the recent video? I assume they have replaced the keyboard player and a guitarist with younger versions, or did they just do Botox instead of hard drugs? Great band BTW.

There was an acrimonious falling out with 1/2 the band, which featured this as a highlight...

In March 2006, Blondie were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[6] Seven members were invited to the ceremony, which resulted in an on-stage spat between the extant group and their former bandmates, Nigel Harrison and Frank Infante, who asked during the live broadcast of the ceremony to be allowed to perform with the group. Their request was refused by Deborah Harry, who stated that the band's current line-up were already prepared for the performance.

HOLA4415

I saw Debbie Harry sometime in the nineties, and thought it was a bit disturbing even then, a bit like watching your gran in her undies.

Now Debbie definitely was hot in the 70s, but I am surprised sometimes when I see old clips of other lust objects, like the girls from abba say, by how much older (and less hot) they actually were at the time than I thought.

HOLA4416

30 years old?!? That's bloody ANCIENT!

I am lucky enough to have a signed Parallel Lines CD at home.

Off topic, but I also really liked another blonde singer of that era, Kim Wilde. In particular, Chequered Love and Kids in America are two TOP tunes IMHO.

HOLA4417

People like Jagger really kept themselves in shape and look great onstage. It must have taken huge effort and motivation though.

Jagger cannily made himself look like a wrinkled prune before the age of 40 so any subsequent ageing wasn't too noticeable.

Wait until you see Madonna on stage in her underwear at 70...

HOLA4418

Off topic, but I also really liked another blonde singer of that era, Kim Wilde. In particular, Chequered Love and Kids in America are two TOP tunes IMHO.

Actually very normal looking girl! I have Kim's greatest hits somewhere! There weren't many of them, but the two you mentioned were good! I seem to remember a lot of girls had a Kim Wilde haircut back then!

HOLA4419

Kim Wilde - yes thats a girl who knows how to party:

HOLA4420

Archived