House Price Crash Forum

Carney: Uk Housing Market Has 'deep Problems'

HOLA441
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I can't believe anyone intelligent enough to have even basic literacy would even think of voting for UKIP. Appalling.

Voting for hateful scum as a 'protest'? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

HOLA443

UKIP are the establishment.

How nice of the establishment to give us another Tory 'protest' party.

This country makes Putin's version of democracy look good.

"You can vote for who you like, provided its 'rentier/Tory."

Well, UKIP aren't racist (sort of) but for the sake of votes they appeal to and encourage racism. Its a bit more of a contradiction but not inconceivable then that for the sake of votes that while they are about shoring up "rentier establishment" appealing to a site that protests against it is not beneath them.

Look on the bright side, if UKIP are on here pimping for votes then this website must have some sort of impact.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Linky:

http://news.sky.com/story/1263732/carney-uk-housing-market-has-deep-problems

Why do the Government or in this case the governor of the BoE keep stating the obvious? We already know there is a housing crisis. We need action not feeble words.

Free the land from the green belts and quadruple the house building targets.

I can see why he gets all that money for doing the job now. B)

But what is he going to do about it,

HOLA447

it seems to me that this false market is now over...everyone with half a brain can see what's going on and is about to happen.

As many of have predicted the london bubble is popping and it will take down most of the UKs housing market/prices.

Osborne's destroying the thing he hoped would get him re-elected the only thing is, no one wanted this reinflated bubble other than a few over-indebted V.I. and politicians.

HOLA448

I can see why he gets all that money for doing the job now. B)

But what is he going to do about it,

Nowt. Anyone that can sit and watch a bubble like the one in canada and no nothing is hardly anti-house prices is he ?

The sort of propaganda they are coming out with I think is to soften people up probably because they already see the figures and know what's coming.....

Caveat Emptor.

HOLA449

Well, UKIP aren't racist (sort of) but for the sake of votes they appeal to and encourage racism. Its a bit more of a contradiction but not inconceivable then that for the sake of votes that while they are about shoring up "rentier establishment" appealing to a site that protests against it is not beneath them.

Look on the bright side, if UKIP are on here pimping for votes then this website must have some sort of impact.

a fine example of a British person, confusing a principal with racism and getting himself tied up in a knot of Political Correctness.

HOLA4410

UKIP's reason for existence is United Kingdom Independence.

It's in their name the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) but it's guaranteed to give the UK people a referendum on the issue - a referendum, something that the LibLabCon have repeatedly promised and then reneged on and that's going back many years.

Giving the electorate the chance to make a choice and a decision on the eu is a democratic thing.

HOLA4411

Nowt. Anyone that can sit and watch a bubble like the one in canada and no nothing is hardly anti-house prices is he ?

The sort of propaganda they are coming out with I think is to soften people up probably because they already see the figures and know what's coming.....

Caveat Emptor.

I wish they would get on with it and let it happen! Oh no, there's an election coming up, next better try and keep the plates spinning another year or so!

HOLA4412

I can't believe anyone intelligent enough to have even basic literacy would even think of voting for UKIP. Appalling.

I won't be voting UKIP. But to call all UKIP reps 'hateful scum' is unfair. I'm pretty sure they don't have any more hateful scum in their party than any of the other useless parties. I realise that they use fear tactics to try and get people to vote for them which is shallow but again no more than any of the other parties! I think someones been watching too much main stream media which if we are talking about hateful scum, have bucket loads of hate for UKIP.

Edited by renting til I die

HOLA4413

tell us more.

HOLA4414

People are turning to UKIP for various reasons. However, if UKIP fail them or the other parties don't take heed then in twenty years time we'll see, have seen, the rise of right wing parties. I predicted this 5 years ago and nothing has changed to convince me otherwisde, Britain is walking into lot of pain and the establishment wont care until the mob with flaming torches are at their door. The tories had a real chance to change things but they never got a majority and they have just continued with the policies that suit their rich establishment friends,.

I can't see any better course of action but to get out of the uK, sooner rather than later.

I just hope I'm wrong....I fear Im now.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I'm not remotely in favour of European government, but given that none of the UK parties (or the BOE) are going to do anything about the housing crisis - they are all happy to continue robbing savers and bailing out the banks. so perhaps our only hope is some common sense financial regulation coming down from Europe.

So the question then becomes which parties are least likely to veto any such legislation, I'm guessing Labour.

HOLA4417

Why not noodle around the parties and choose the candidate who best promotes your interests? It would take a couple of hours on the internet.

Why be negative? Why not positive?

For me it is about change, real change, not voting for a "Green" or some other minority party because you like the fluffy shite they spout. The last time I voted it was SNP, in the run up to devolution (the last time the system was rocked to any degree) this time there is no other choice for me but UKIP. The way Farage is being attacked in the media alone shows that he is pissing off some big players, and for that alone I will vote for them.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4418

Let`s face it there are plenty who post on here with interesting and informative views that are well off, own property, own BTL, own their own business whatever, are we saying they shouldn`t be on here because they don`t fit the profile of someone who is "priced out"? I don`t care how many BTL`s someone owns, if they are saying Let`s take a step or two away from the EZ power structure then I agree with them. The winners and losers in the BTL game will soon be apparent IMO, and if someone is saying "Less Europe" "Less Immigration" doesn`t that sort of contradict their supposed pro - BTL stance. Is big Fergus shouting for less immigration, or praying it keeps increasing?

HOLA4419

Well, building houses is a problem, but its not THE problem. I don't think we can build houses faster than investors can buy them for one thing.

The problem is house prices are too high. The conventional answer is to manipulate them back down by building more houses. Again, compared to the policies designed to manipulate them up it seems a rather long-winded and hopeless measure.

Yes, if they build, then rates rise/mortgage availability tightens, we will end up like Spain with tons of unsold stock. That is why the mass building program is not going to happen.

HOLA4420

I don't think helping people to downsize means squat as younger people do not have huge families nowadays generally and do not want big houses.

Perhaps they're not having large families because they can't afford big enough houses to accommodate them?

I certainly know people who are putting off having kids because of their housing situation, do that long enough and they simply won't have the opportunity to have a big family given increasing pregnancy/childbirth risks and decreasing fertility (they're already in their 30s).

Edit: thats increasing risks and decreasing fertility with age btw, re-reading it looked like I was implying some sort of general fertility crisis which I'm not! :blink:

Edited by Lo-fi

HOLA4421

Ok fair enough thats your point of view.

For arguments sake say i agree with your hateful scum view my chioce of voting is vote for hateful scum or vote for lying corrupt self serving scum , not much of a choice. If you could clarfiy what kind of scum you think liblabcon are that would be a balance.

HOLA4422

Reminds me of the Stewart Lee line: "People say they're going to vote for UKIP as a protest vote. That's like shitting on your hotel bed to protest bad service, and then having to sleep in it."

Staying under the rule of a faceless EZ elite is like someone else shitting in your bed while you are asleep, and then having a group of students who have never held a real job coming in and rolling you around in it.

HOLA4423

Desperate people do desperate things. Simply calling UKIP names is pointless- what the other parties should be doing is paying attention to what UKIP say and asking themselves why the things they say seem to be connecting with a lot of people.

It's simply arrogant to dismiss UKIP as scum- and it's precisely this arrogant dismissal of the issues that UKIP raise that is costing the other parties votes.

HOLA4424

Staying under the rule of a faceless EZ elite is like someone else shitting in your bed while you are asleep, and then having a group of students who have never held a real job coming in and rolling you around in it.

Unfortunately staying under the rule of a gormless Westminster elite is also like someone else shitting in your bed while you are asleep, and then having a group of banksters who have never held a real job coming in and rolling you around in it.

HOLA4425

Unfortunately staying under the rule of a gormless Westminster elite is also like someone else shitting in your bed while you are asleep, and then having a group of banksters who have never held a real job coming in and rolling you around in it.

followed by an invoice.