House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SickofRenting

Carney: Uk Housing Market Has 'deep Problems'

How disappointing. There's no hope with Gov Carney then.

The problem is the prices are too high. Way too many older owners hogging large family homes, with little incentive to sell when they're getting even more insane in value. Too many owners of multiple homes. Too many landlords, and much of the property-wealth standing ready to bid on new homes being built/and any that come to market, for their portfolios - reassured that their own homes are worth so much, and seeing only for-ev-ah HPI into the future.

They were saying on the news that this means Carney is putting the onus back on George Osborne to do something :lol:

How dumb do they think we are? It's all part of the choreography to keep the bubble going until after next May.

The problem is the prices are too high. Way too many older owners hogging large family homes

Nice of you to decide the size of property people should be allowed.

When i get old i will buy a house 3 times that i need in the hope i p7s5 off one person like you.

When i get old i will buy a house 3 times that i need in the hope i p7s5 off one person like you.

Are you sure you will be able to afford it! You won't be buying at 1970 prices! :P

Someone, Shapps? Has advised Cameron and Osborne that their only chance of winning next year's election is to pump up Labour's housing bubble some more rather than sort it out.

Carney, the Governor of the supposedly independent BoE is powerless to intervene. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for him as his reputation will suffer as a result.

All we can do is to try to make sure that this disappointing government does not get re-elected, in my case by voting UKIP.

Someone, Shapps? Has advised Cameron and Osborne that their only chance of winning next year's election is to pump up Labour's housing bubble some more rather than sort it out.

Carney, the Governor of the supposedly independent BoE is powerless to intervene. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for him as his reputation will suffer as a result.

All we can do is to try to make sure that this disappointing government does not get re-elected, in my case by voting UKIP.

Out of interest, what is UKIPs policy on house building and housing etc?

Not read much about it anywhere.

I'm talking about houses with loads of empty bedrooms and two or even one oldie, valued at stupid money... £500K-£750K+, and all the other unfair incentives they get like Winter Fuel Allowance too.

You want a house with loads of empty bedrooms? With these house prices, and the reflation, I've had to compensate by looking at ever smaller (less expensive) houses.

Even one of the larger insurers was talking about building high-quality retirement villages, in density, to help free up housing stock. So there is something in it. That makes much more sense to me than so many sick newbuilds I see being built. It's up to the individual but don't expect me to be worrying about some elderly owner alone in a 5 bed house worth £650K+, with elderly loneliness awareness campaigns of last year. Then again I wouldn't likely be living anywhere in the neighbourhood of such and older, and their expensive housing.

Out of interest, what is UKIPs policy on house building and housing etc?

Not read much about it anywhere.

I don't think they've given it a thought.

I'm voting for them because I can't think of anything that will piss-off this government more than a large swing to UKIP.

Either you won't be able to afford it. Or you'll die trying.

Isn't this the root of HPI? Most people assume they're above average.

I don't think they've given it a thought.

I'm voting for them because I can't think of anything that will piss-off this government more than a large swing to UKIP.

Why not noodle around the parties and choose the candidate who best promotes your interests? It would take a couple of hours on the internet.

Why be negative? Why not positive?

Why not noodle around the parties and choose the candidate who best promotes your interests? It would take a couple of hours on the internet.

Why be negative? Why not positive?

There are many people who will be voting UKIP for the same reason as me. If we all voted for something different it would dilute the effort. Sometimes you have to be negative to get a positive result.

There are many people who will be voting UKIP for the same reason as me. If we all voted for something different it would dilute the effort. Sometimes you have to be negative to get a positive result.

Reminds me of the Stewart Lee line: "People say they're going to vote for UKIP as a protest vote. That's like shitting on your hotel bed to protest bad service, and then having to sleep in it."

Reminds me of the Stewart Lee line: "People say they're going to vote for UKIP as a protest vote. That's like shitting on your hotel bed to protest bad service, and then having to sleep in it."

I'd prefer a government led by Farage than one led by Cameron.

I'd prefer a government led by Farage than one led by Cameron.

So you're always going to be disappointed.

This is not a good approach to life.

Figure out what suits you - not what suits a parallel universe. And once you've figured it out, stick with it.

All I see in UKIP are tories. It makes interesting television to pretend theyre the National Front in disguise, but the reality is they'd be no better/no different to the tories.

Figure out what suits you - not what suits a parallel universe. And once you've figured it out, stick with it.

Thats generally how democracy works.

I am disappointed with this government. If voting UKIP hastens their demise I shall be happy.

It is a perfectly good approach to life to vote against something that you do not like.

I have always voted Conservative in the past, but I shan't be doing that again until the present leadership have gone.

Carney and Osbourne - two rotten peas in pod. Born to lie for their own self interest, the very worst of modern politics, economics and banking have to offer, including the instituions they front..

"The biggest risk to financial stability, and therefore to the durability of the expansion, centres on the housing market and that's why we're focused on that," he said.

He's correct about it being bad for financial stability and bad for the economy. It's not just a "risk" anymore because the detrimental effects on the economy have been present for years (even decades) now.

As for "we're focused on that" - no they're not they're just focused on more waffling like they have been every week since Carney arrived and just as regularly for years before him with the previous governor of waffling called King. At best the BoLibLabCon renegades are utterly incompetent but more likely are completely self serving caring little or nothing about the grim consequences of their policies on the prospects of the general population and the devastation of the UK's general economy. They're time wasters wasting people's time.

Then "durability of the expansion". What expansion is that. The false GDP expansion through manipulated statistics, QE/money printing, massive debt, off balance sheet debt and along with other accountancy tricks like blown up imputed rent figures etc. There is no expansion worthy of the name.

Edited by billybong