House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Man In Bulletproof Vest Says 'shoot Me,' Is Killed

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/15/bulletproof-vest-killed-south-carolina-shot-friend/9123725/?AID=10709313&PID=6154686&SID=1k8nwi2suhhrf

Deputies have charged an 18-year-old South Carolina woman with the fatal shooting of a male friend who had donned a bulletproof vest and allegedly asked her to "shoot me," according to local media.

The killing occurred Wednesday in Honea Path, S.C., after 25-year-old Blake Randall Wardell discovered the old vest in a garage where he had been hanging out with friends, WYFF-TV reports.

Anderson County deputy coroner Don McCown said Wardell asked Taylor Ann Kelly to "shoot me," the TV station reports.

Kelly allegedly fired a small caliber weapon at Wardell, but the bullet went through the edge of the vest and into his heart, McCown said.

A worthy Darwin award candidate.

He should sue.

"donned a bulletproof vest"

Anyway who said it was bullet proof. Clearly in this test, it was not bullet proof. In fact no claims were made that it was bullet proof. It was probably just a body warmer.

"donned a bulletproof vest"

Anyway who said it was bullet proof. Clearly in this test, it was not bullet proof. In fact no claims were made that it was bullet proof. It was probably just a body warmer.

string-vest.jpg

string-vest.jpg

I remember reading some years ago about a fat American who attacked two cops, who both emptied their .38 revolvers into him, then added several shotgun cartridges for good measure before he stopped fighting. The autopsy apparently showed that most of the bullets were stuck in his fat layer and never reached any vital part of the body.