House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

James Obrien Vs Nigel Farage

I heard this earlier, and I'd be interested to hear what others thought about it.

I will say I've never been a fan of James O'Brien. He actually grates on me.

The interview is being touted as a mauling of Farage. On the contrary I thought Farage did amazingly well to maintain composure in the face of a disingenuous and horribly biased interview. Of course anyone running for power deserves some tough questions, but this was something else. The point being that if you researched as many minutiae and dug hard enough for dirt you could probably smear any politician living or dead.

Constantly passing ridiculous accusations, delivered in a disrespectful and sarcastic tone, that the interviewee has no possibility of answering. Is that a mauling? I just call it snide and unprofessional, regardless of who is being interviewed.

The interviewer came across like a year 9 school boy being told off and making constant snide comments whilst the teacher is trying to speak.

Ridiculous....In fact, if there was a game of bingo for different methods of liberal-leftist manipulation and underhand misdirection, the listeners would all have a full card. ******ing BINGO!

James O'Brien, is perhaps, the most annoying man on the radio.

His show is completely unlistenable, obtuse, crap.

Currently listening to the daddy of talk radio, Nick Abbot on the same station.

The most HPC friendly radio guy on the planet.

Interesting that he is now being challenged like this. Don`t recall much of this sort of thing on the Andrew Marr show over the years. Press Preview on Sky were salivating over this "mauling" of Farage earlier :rolleyes:. I think the UKIP vote is just going to keep going up. The interviewer came across like a teenager who had just had his w*ank books confiscated.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/16/nigel-farage-ukip-car-crash-radio-interview-lbc

I don't recall ever seeing someone attacked and smeared by the media like this?

It's so OTT and ridiculous that I suspect even the dimmest voters will see straight through it. I guess it just shows how far down the PC road this country has actually sunk. The notion is you must be A. racist or B. homophobe or C. sexist to see value in UKIPs existence. And I doubt anyone likes being labelled like that. I know I don't <_<

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/16/nigel-farage-ukip-car-crash-radio-interview-lbc

I don't recall ever seeing someone attacked and smeared by the media like this?

It's so OTT and ridiculous that I suspect even the dimmest voters will see straight through it. I guess it just shows how far down the PC road this country has actually sunk. The notion is you must be A. racist or B. homophobe or C. sexist to see value in UKIPs existence. And I doubt anyone likes being labelled like that. I know I don't <_<

Farage was silly to single out romanians (even if it in some cases its true) and mention the tube being full of people not bothering to speak english.

But yes, no other politician would see interviewers get so personal, mentioning his wife and children simply in a cheap attempt to goad a reaction. I dont think Farage did well exactly, in the sense he set himself up for some ridicule, but the interviewer came off as a nasty piece of work.

I see the aggressive interviews of Farage as an indication that the other parties are dull.

Controversy 'sells' and the other parties have no polices to get worked up about - & the economy makes a boring interview for most listeners and would O'Brien have been 'up to it' in any case ?

All these attacks on UKIP are really funny. And they will have the effect of making more people vote for them. The main-stream parties must be really frightened.

UKIP were leafletting today in the shopping centre!

I ignored them! Since none of them were bleck, I thought they might be ricists!

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-nigel-farage-v-james-obrien-live-from-1130-90532

The LBC Page which hosts the interview and invites comments.

Interesting that 70% are pro Farage with a significant number calling JOB a cant of the highest order for conducting it the way he did. This will be the core listeners to the station as well.No big surprise that Ferrari gets the big hitting interviews. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

I have watched it and find JOB arrogant. Farage wins these situations easily as they always try to play the man and not the policy. Same argument I have been having with a (hopefully soon to be ex) Labour councillor friend on facebook. He put up a thread denouncing UKIP and portaying them practiucally as worse than Adolf Hitler under the picture I have posted below. I went on and explained quite calmly the reasons why I was going to vote for them as I was pi$$ed off with the mainstream ignoring the real issues and emphasising the fact that all the time they try and play the man (and the party) and do not engage the real issues they are playing straight into their hands, all it is doing is driving more people towards voting for them.

Cue the chaps activists to come out of the closet to start to let rip.I had another go at a calm and collected debate but got accused of being a racist and a facist for even considering to vote for them so left it. Later last night I noticed I had been unfriended... :blink:

No big loss I never voted for him anyway......

ukip.jpg

post-13816-0-24843200-1400351459_thumb.jpg

UKIP is basically a one-issue party. They want us out of the EU.

It is however probably the most important political issue for the UK at present, and UKIP is the only party which opposes the stealthy erosion of our democracy.

Farage was silly to single out romanians (even if it in some cases its true) and mention the tube being full of people not bothering to speak english.

Why? Its true. In the vast majority of trips I make on the Underground - especially going to work in the morning - I very rarely hear English spoken on the train. It's usually Polish or Russian. And just looking at the people next to me typing away on their phones or reading on their iPads, its 80% of the time not in English either.

And as for Romanians, he's right in saying that the crime numbers in London are enormous, especially cashpoint and pickpocket crimes. As for the mess that is Marble Arch these days.... I'd give anything to have Germans living next door to me anytime.

Farage just happens to tell the truth. And the truth hurts.

UKIP is basically a one-issue party. They want us out of the EU.

It is however probably the most important political issue for the UK at present, and UKIP is the only party which opposes the stealthy erosion of our democracy.

But it's three issues:

Free movement of labour.

Free movement of goods/services.

Free movement of capital.

In Adam Smith's world:

Wages.

Profits.

Rents.

RK has been pointing out for a few months the notion of China freeing up its capital restraints, with the serious prospect of giant flows of money through the Square Mile within the next decade. The BoE has a paper on it from late last year. Howzat for a massive boost to UK asset prices?

It's a fact that EU immigration is net positive for the treasury; non-EU immigration severely net negative. The right seems to hold out the prospect of free trade with the rest of the world, and the Tories are keen on the Commonwealth. This doesn't add up, unless you pick and choose between the three issues.

I can't think of anything to say on goods/services. LOL! But on balance I think UKIP's position is Rents first, Profits second - and fiddle about with Wages to keep the proles from kicking off. Problem solved, carry on as you were, nothing to do with democracy.

Please disabuse me. Gently.

Cue the chaps activists to come out of the closet to start to let rip.I had another go at a calm and collected debate but got accused of being a racist and a facist for even considering to vote for them so left it. Later last night I noticed I had been unfriended... :blink:

You can't debate, argue with them. Once in it's tribal. Worse than those with blind faith supporting a football team. These guys are so 'right' all of the time. The art of debate is long gone; playing the man all they have.

Remember party membership is around 1% now. Of that 1% how many call the tune, and how many are the useful idiots.

Maybe not so silly. I lived as an immigrant in Germany for 10 years and yes, I have to hold up my hands and admit that I didn't always speak German to fellow English-speakers when travelling on public transport. I must have made my fellow passengers feel terribly uncomfortable. :(

Edit for SpewLabour: It's lucky I didn't have a smartphone then, otherwise I might have aroused even more antagonism by reading English websites in full view of upstanding travellers!

Maybe not so silly. I lived as an immigrant in Germany for 10 years and yes, I have to hold up my hands and admit that I didn't always speak German to fellow English-speakers when travelling on public transport. I must have made my fellow passengers feel terribly uncomfortable. :(

Edit for SpewLabour: It's lucky I didn't have a smartphone then, otherwise I might have aroused even more antagonism by reading English websites in full view of upstanding travellers!

were you surrounded by other non-German speakers though?

... thought not.

that's the difference.

were you surrounded by other non-German speakers though?

... thought not.

that's the difference.

Hard to tell really. I heard a lot of my fellow passengers speaking what sounded like Russian, Turkish and Greek to each other, but I think most of them could speak German reasonably well if they needed to.

Edit: That reminds me, my office mate at the time was a lovely Greek woman, who also spoke excellent German and pretty good English. She was also a brilliant software developer. Last I heard, she and her husband had moved to America, where her husband is now a bigwig at Google.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-nigel-farage-v-james-obrien-live-from-1130-90532

The LBC Page which hosts the interview and invites comments.

Interesting that 70% are pro Farage with a significant number calling JOB a cant of the highest order for conducting it the way he did. This will be the core listeners to the station as well.No big surprise that Ferrari gets the big hitting interviews. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

I have watched it and find JOB arrogant. Farage wins these situations easily as they always try to play the man and not the policy. Same argument I have been having with a (hopefully soon to be ex) Labour councillor friend on facebook. He put up a thread denouncing UKIP and portaying them practiucally as worse than Adolf Hitler under the picture I have posted below. I went on and explained quite calmly the reasons why I was going to vote for them as I was pi$$ed off with the mainstream ignoring the real issues and emphasising the fact that all the time they try and play the man (and the party) and do not engage the real issues they are playing straight into their hands, all it is doing is driving more people towards voting for them.

No big loss I never voted for him anyway......

attachicon.gifukip.jpg

You may not realise but the knob head who writes those another angry voice thingies lives in Ibiza. I for one am not remotely interested in hearing people who don't pay taxes in the UK calling for more public spending here, which is what he's usually knobbing on about.

Britain could (re-)join EFTA.

As for those who argue that the EU is positive for the treasury, remember that it's the riff-raff who pay the taxes to the EU, but the recipients of EU largesse are people such as agricultural landowners under the CAP.

We are told we need a referendum to leave the EU, but there was no referendum to join it in the first place. That speaks volumes.

Look at how the electorate of some countries were 'allowed' to vote on the EU constitution. When France voted the 'wrong' way, so the other national referenda on the constitution were cancelled. Despite this, they went and implemented the constitution via a Treaty, ignoring France's wishes and denying the other nations the right to vote on the matter.

Such is the EU's contempt for democracy.

Even then, Ireland's constitution required a referendum on the Treaty, and Ireland voted 'no'. So Ireland was made to have another referendum so they could vote the 'right' way.

This is utter contempt for any democratic process.

Look at how the EU President is not even elected, and how the EU wants it's own 'foreign' policy and control over armed forces.

Leaving the EU will not force us out of the ECHR, and the EU needs our trade as much as we need theirs.

We shouldn't have to lose democratic rights just to be able trade with our neighbours.