House Price Crash Forum

'adjoins' The Green Belt

HOLA441

Just had a Green Party election leaflet through door. They are pledged to saving New Laith Hill Wood from development as it 'adjoins' green belt.' So its not in the Green belt then?

Netherton, Honley, and Meltham all are of course well established within the so called 'green belt' as are Lowerhouses and Almondbury (they were built long before the green belt was invented, and the ladders were starting to be pulled up).

greenbelt.jpg

They would have more respect if they came out and just said they just want to protect house prices and buy votes, rather than so called bogus 'green' agenda's.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA442

Just had a Green Party election leaflet through door. They are pledged to saving New Laith Hill Wood from development as it 'adjoins' green belt.' So its not in the Green belt then?

Netherton, Honley, and Meltham all are of course well established within the so called 'green belt' as are Lowerhouses and Almondbury (they were built long before the green belt was invented, and the ladders were starting to be pulled up).

greenbelt.jpg

They would have more respect if they came out and just said they just want to protect house prices and buy votes, rather than so called bogus 'green' agenda's.

Had my postal voting form today.

BNP's tagline is 'no to unsustainable housing development'

Maybe they could merge with the greens?

Imagine, a coupling of Caroline moonbat Lucas and Nick wingnut Griffin.

Also, 5 of my 10 voting choices are explicitly anti-EU parties. The market seems a little saturated!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Is this so called green belt, just more intensively farmed grassland? there is no shortage of that the UK - however there is a shortage of natural land that is unspoilt agriculture.

If anything the greens should be protesting against agriculture.

The prize goes to you Sir!

All we have are fields of intensively grown grass. Makes ideal boomer dog pooping territory.

In fact it would be a shame to loose the semi-urban woodland under threat, when there are some many unused fields available.

I'm looking into something. The Yorkshire Wildlife Trust has managed to acquire a local farm with quite a vast acreage, but all they do is grow grass!

They don't even seem to have enough animals on to eat the grass, and aren't sheep supposed to laying waste to great areas of Scottish countryside?

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA447

the NIMBY's have not got a clue, everything they learned about the countryside was from postman pat!

This is country side, had the pleasure of living near here for a couple of years before moving back to crappy UK.

You know I still meet people who say Cornwall has the best countryside, I just smile politely these days as I know they are ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connemara

Conamara,_Ireland.jpg

c104_b_ries_connemara_garden_main.jpg

HOLA448
HOLA449

I don't think the Greens are pro high house prices per se given they've been pushing for a Land Value Tax in parliament and are anti-loose credit, but they do seem to be quite anti-development which does put me off them much as I want continued pressure for an LVT.

I wonder though whether they might be inclined to relax planning for "green" self-builds while tightening it for slave box style developments? In their manifesto they do mention supporting self-build social co-operatives, compulsory purchasing empty homes to bring them back into use and creating 80,000 building jobs dedicated to increasing social housing (they say predominantly through renovation and conversion so I can't help but think these last two policies are linked): www.greenparty.org.uk/assets/files/resources/Manifesto_web_file.pdf

Anyway, totally agree with the points made about agricultural wastelands and the greenbelt, I'd have more respects for the Greens if they'd just come out and said they wanted to protect the wood because it's a wood!

edit: their right-to-rent policy and tax breaks for rental income (for lodgers not BTL) are pretty awful though...

Edited by Lo-fi

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

They should permit building on any greenbelt where there's demand until it has been satiated, but required all new building to be painted green.

Then for the drive through casual observer they won't be able to tell the difference.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

There is a certain irony watching all the commuters coming into town in their cars from the 'green belt' where no one is allowed to build and then parking on what was brown field or residential. A lot of old industrial brown field has been given over to retail parks and supermarkets and car parking.

HOLA4415

If they stipulated low density 1/acre planning areas, there would be plenty of drainage and greenery around properties and they would have a positive impact on the countryside.

Here is the view near me. There are even two 'high rise' almost buried by the shrubbery - they are at the bottom of the Holme Valley. Now this is mainly 'green belt' (in the distance) but there are a still quite a few buildings.

10155388_460405864103778_380368533456924

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4416

If they stipulated low density 1/acre planning areas, there would be plenty of drainage and greenery around properties and they would have a positive impact on the countryside.

New homes for farmers families get through, if they tell the council they work in argriculture and have a long term ancestral link to the land. Somehow i doubt it would work with us plebs.

Funny how discrimination based on ancestry is fine when historical landownership comes into it.