House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

I've Just Realised How Much I Hate Religion, All Religion.

Over the centuries, most tyranny has been carried out in the name of religion.

I'd say more that religion is frequently used as an excuse for tyranny.

I'd say more that religion is frequently used as an excuse for tyranny.

Robespierre, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao - all true believers.

Injustice happens when you think it's OK to use force to make people adhere to your beliefs. Communists do. Fascists do. Religious extremists do. No difference, ultimately.

The left finally finds their balls. Well, one of them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-baddar/5-things-bill-maher-got-w_b_5315893.html?utm_hp_ref=media&ir=Media

He dared say all religions are bad, but islam is the worst (well, duh)

Doubtless UKIP will illustrate they also have no backbone and toss this guy to the wolves.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/15/ukip-candidate-heino-vockrodt-brent-islam-email

Im sure it'll pass. Give it another 50 years (if that) and im sure statism will replace islamism as the number one murderer once again. EU are hard at work to ensure just that right now.

He dared say all religions are bad, but islam is the worst (well, duh)

Christianity is just as bad, if not worse. How many people have been tortured or killed in the name of Christianity? Even different flavours of Christianity!

Seems to me that rarely has a war been fought that didn't have religion mixed up in it somewhere.

Seems to me that rarely has a war been fought that didn't have humans mixed up in it somewhere.

this is tyranny. not religion.

What a pity some people didn't like the way the lady wanted to follow another of Islam's prophets! :unsure:

profits shurely!

Cash and power attracts more people than God does!

What a pity some people didn't like the way the lady wanted to follow another of Islam's prophets! :unsure:

I thinks the Children of Abram just can't agree on what day of the week one should put one's feet up, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It's silly, because there are plenty of other days on which to mow the lawn!

But I take it easy most days, and I have never been smitten or felt any wrath!

I thinks the Children of Abram just can't agree on what day of the week one should put one's feet up, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It's silly, because there are plenty of other days on which to mow the lawn!

Man! I'm putting your name up for a smiting!

Every day is a lazy day for the followers of Pin!

And god is pretty weak enforcing his laws, which are oddly different depending on the profitprophet he spoke to.

This case is even more stupid because, both the religions beleive in one god, and logic tells us that it MUST be the same god...so switching religions actually isnt.

And god is pretty weak enforcing his laws, which are oddly different depending on the profitprophet he spoke to.

This case is even more stupid because, both the religions beleive in one god, and logic tells us that it MUST be the same god...so switching religions actually isnt.

Imagine living a long life of denial and piety, and then being turned away at the Pearly Gates, on the basis that you had 'lazy days' on the wrong arbitrary day, counted in multiples of 7 from the wrong imaginary day zero. What a bummer that would be.

Imagine living a long life of denial and piety, and then being turned away at the Pearly Gates, on the basis that you had 'lazy days' on the wrong arbitrary day, counted in multiples of 7 from the wrong imaginary day zero. What a bummer that would be.

but god loves us all...he wouldnt turn anyone away....and he gave us christmas..anyone who gifts us a fortnight off must love us all...wait a minute...Christmas is offensive to Muslims according to my sisters Prison Governors....

Christianity is just as bad, if not worse. How many people have been tortured or killed in the name of Christianity? Even different flavours of Christianity!

Can you give us some recent examples of Christian fundamentalists carrying out acts of violence in the name of their faith?

Western liberals make the mistake of thinking that Islam is the same as Christianity. They're in for a rude awakening.