HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

There is no need to be so venomous.

Many regular people who have had an unexpected gain have put it straight in to a property as they would have been earning negative interest in a bank - and society has conditioned last couple of generations house prices always go up (London going up £700 a day on avg at moment I see today).

You may feel like a victim now - but hoping someone else becomes a victim later serves no purpose. It's like boroughs that alternate between Labour and Tory and neglect each others roads/parks when they get in. Nobody wins.

The real problem is that for regular folk there are usually no easy/safe ways to save above inflation, invest in a guaranteed pension or buy a family home.

It's all a gamble where there are winners/losers, and not a +/-5% gamble - you gamble most of what you're going to earn over your life.

Regular working folk should not have to deep research and ultimately take a complete flyer when it comes to basic financial commitments.

We've got endless regulations/interference on driving or eating but absolutely nothing when it comes putting a roof over your head or saving for retirement.

Many of these people, whilst making the problem worse right now, don't really have a choice - and will likely lose most of the windfall if they bought within 2 years of a crash - or worse lose 5 years of savings.

HOLA4411

Despite its rapid growth, the volume of lending to landlords remains far lower than its pre-crisis peak in 2006 and 2007

Only about half the 2007 level. Meh

You may feel like a victim now - but hoping someone else becomes a victim later serves no purpose. It's like boroughs that alternate between Labour and Tory and neglect each others roads/parks when they get in. Nobody wins.

I want prices to fall. I think high prices damage both the economy in general and me personally. When prices fall or rise, some win and some lose. To say nobody wins is nonsense.

Many of these people, whilst making the problem worse right now, don't really have a choice

Rubbish. There are no house buying press gangs, yet.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

There is no need to be so venomous.

Many regular people who have had an unexpected gain have put it straight in to a property as they would have been earning negative interest in a bank - and society has conditioned last couple of generations house prices always go up (London going up £700 a day on avg at moment I see today).

The real problem is that for regular folk there are usually no easy/safe ways to save above inflation, invest in a guaranteed pension or buy a family home.

It's all a gamble where there are winners/losers, and not a +/-5% gamble - you gamble most of what you're going to earn over your life.

Regular working folk should not have to deep research and ultimately take a complete flyer when it comes to basic financial commitments.

We've got endless regulations/interference on driving or eating but absolutely nothing when it comes putting a roof over your head or saving for retirement.

Many of these people, whilst making the problem worse right now, don't really have a choice - and will likely lose most of the windfall if they bought within 2 years of a crash - or worse lose 5 years of savings.

Ooo...you are soooo in trouble, the HPC nasty brigade are going to eat you alive and try and get you banned!!! I agree with you myself, property prices are stupidly high but that will only be solved by building more houses, getting a handle on immigration and reform of legislation relating to rental. Whilst such things are not done any fall in property prices will be shallow and short lived as in a falling market the BTL brigade will simply move into to buy what they percieve as "bargains" so that they can further exploit those unable to buy. Wishing misfortune on others is absolutlely not going to cause house prices to fall.

Because a little bit of Everything is always good...

http://www.itsarandomworld.com/2014/03/07/

HOLA4414

property prices are stupidly high but that will only be solved by building more houses, getting a handle on immigration and reform of legislation relating to rental.

I disagree. Interest rate rises and general tightening of credit conditions (back towards sane levels) would do the trick.

HOLA4415

I disagree. Interest rate rises and general tightening of credit conditions (back towards sane levels) would do the trick.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a gamble, all it does is move the probability of a good outcome more in favour of those looking to get in to the game.

The problem is structural.

High BTL ownership is mostly a symptom of a dysfunctional savings market.

I've seen friends blow all of an inheritance on a BTL days after getting it - they considered no other options.

Years ago people would have banked it and supplemented their income with the interest, paid of their own mortgage or they would have started a small business.

You don't hear people doing any of those options now.

HOLA4416

It doesn't change the fact that it's a gamble, all it does is move the probability of a good outcome more in favour of those looking to get in to the game.

I've seen friends blow all of an inheritance on a BTL days after getting it - they considered no other options.

Years ago people would have banked it and supplemented their income with the interest, paid of their own mortgage or they would have started a small business.

Exactly. Housing has become a commodity, an investment class: only fundamental reform and massive housebuilding will lead to sustained and sustainable falls in house prices.

Because a little bit of Everything is always Good....

http://www.itsarandomworld.com

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Ooo...you are soooo in trouble, the HPC nasty brigade are going to eat you alive and try and get you banned!!! I agree with you myself, property prices are stupidly high but that will only be solved by building more houses, getting a handle on immigration and reform of legislation relating to rental. Whilst such things are not done any fall in property prices will be shallow and short lived as in a falling market the BTL brigade will simply move into to buy what they percieve as "bargains" so that they can further exploit those unable to buy. Wishing misfortune on others is absolutlely not going to cause house prices to fall.

Did the BTL brigade jump in and snap up houses when prices fell by more than 20% in a relatively short period of time when this bubble originally burst? Didn't seem like that round my way. Prices only stabilised due massive Government intervention.

When prices start drifting down it's more likely to be BTL landlords jumping ship accelerating the falls rather than the other round.

I don't see many people on this site specifically wishing 'misfortune on others' either. Some a bit short on sympathy perhaps, but that is not the same thing at all.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Do you know most of the people in the UK who receive an inheritance then, and what they do with the money? :lol:

I've seen friends receive an inheritance and use it to pay off mortgage debt, squirrel money away, start small businesses, or just spend it on having fun. Don't know any who stuck it into BTL.

HOLA4421

snip

snip Wishing misfortune on others is absolutlely not going to cause house prices to fall.

so, predicting a bubble top, helping to point out to investors that things can go wrong, is WISHING it?.

Like pointing out exponentials exist...ponzis exist, is actually wishing them to exist.

I guess maths is wishing.

HOLA4422

so, predicting a bubble top, helping to point out to investors that things can go wrong, is WISHING it?.

Like pointing out exponentials exist...ponzis exist, is actually wishing them to exist.

I guess maths is wishing.

You assume you're right, you might not have taken all into account. You could be wrong.

http://www.itsarando...com/2014/03/07/

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425