House Price Crash Forum

Turkey Pm - 'accidents Like These Happen All The Time'

HOLA441
mine disaster kills hundreds – and PM claims 'accidents like these happen all the time'

turkeyprotests.jpg

LATEST More than 240 miners killed in explosion and fire at coal mine in western Turkey
Not exactly the most intelligent words you could come out with if you are the leader of the nation especially when you still have people trapped.

HOLA442
HOLA443

From today's Times:

'...an application signed by 60 MPS for a parliamentary investigation into practices at the mine had been rejected as recently as 20 days ago. "Once in every 3 months there are accidents with deaths and injuries [at Soma]'".'

HOLA444
HOLA445
Outrage in Turkey as adviser to prime minister kicks mine disaster mourner near scene of tragedy as violent protests sweep country
article-2629101-1DDCFC5000000578-630_964

Yusuf Yerkel, one of Recep Tayyip Erdogan's advisers, has admitted kicking a protester who was being held on the ground by Special Forces police officers. The incident, which has led to widespread anger on social media, occurred as Erdogan visited Soma in the wake of the coalmine tragedy. When Erdogan tried to show concern during his visit he was heckled. Protesters shouted 'murderer!' and 'thief!' and he was forced to seek refuge in a supermarket, surrounded by police. There were also demonstrations in Istanbul and the capital, Ankara.

Now govt ministers beating up mourners/protesters.

HOLA446

Outrage in Turkey as adviser to prime minister kicks mine disaster mourner near scene of tragedy as violent protests sweep country

Yusuf Yerkel, one of Recep Tayyip Erdogan's advisers, has admitted kicking a protester who was being held on the ground by Special Forces police officers. The incident, which has led to widespread anger on social media, occurred as Erdogan visited Soma in the wake of the coalmine tragedy. When Erdogan tried to show concern during his visit he was heckled. Protesters shouted 'murderer!' and 'thief!' and he was forced to seek refuge in a supermarket, surrounded by police. There were also demonstrations in Istanbul and the capital, Ankara.

this ones only just started cooking.

looks like people all over the world are getting thoroughly fed up with those claiming to run the show,

we've been pretty reserved about it really, most of us being keyboard warriors at the moment.(I do stress at the moment,because there is a line that the PTB would still be unwise to cross)

watch how the yanks deal with theirs.they still have hardwired into their psyche the reasons WHY they left the old world(primarily clerical/absolutist royalty oppressing them),no chance of finger wagging clerics making any headway over there.the worst thing the clerics(both roman catholic and islamic) can do at this stage would be to give them a small reminder.....

uncle sam will rise up and put on a show of force unseen in history to obliterate these guys.(and y'all get to witness it in technicolour)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/15/turkey-mine-disaster-unions-launch-national-strike-live-updates

A woman allegedly punch by Erdogan during that videoed supermarket scuffle in Soma has been partially named as Hatice G, according to the Turkish broadcaster Yon Radyo.

There are unconfirmed reports that her father was killed in the mine and that she had shouted "murderer" at the prime minister.

Earlier in the clip Erdogan is heard saying “Come and boo me here to my face," Hurriyet reports.

So his aid kicks someone and the PM punches a woman!

Could the Turkish govt fall over this?

HOLA4410

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/15/erdogan-turkey-mining-disaster-turkish-prime-minister

In the devastated Turkish town of Soma yesterday, a crowd of angry mourners mobbed the prime minister's convoy as it drove slowly through the streets. Boos and jeers threatened to drown out Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's words as he addressed the families of those who died in the blast. When he attempted – briefly – to walk among the crowds, their hostile reaction forced his anxious bodyguards to hustle him into a nearby supermarket, where he became embroiled in a scuffle. This was a far cry from the welcoming flowers, smiles and cheers that Erdoğan usually receives on official visits.

The prime minister has badly misjudged the Soma disaster by delivering an insensitive speech bristling with self-defence. Telling the relatives of dead and dying miners that "these types of incidents are ordinary things" was his way of deflecting any kind of responsibility for the blast in the wake of reports that the government ignored safety concerns about the privately owned mine, which were raised as recently as two weeks ago by opposition MPs.

The anger was echoed in cities across Turkey as thousands of people with coal-smeared faces took to the streets, carrying placards that read: "Soma was not an accident, it was a massacre." They called for the resignation of the energy minister, Taner Yıldız, and of Erdoğan himself.

There is anger at a blase attitude to worker safety that prevails nationwide, and a strong sense that this blast in particular could have been prevented. Twitter has yet again proved itself to be Erdoğan's bete noir by facilitating the spread of several damning photographs relating to the government's response to Soma, pre- and post-blast. One of these shows an opposition minister speaking in parliament on 29 April, brandishing a miner's hard hat and warning of poor conditions in the mine, as two AKP ministers chat among themselves in the background. Another, taken yesterday, shows the prime minister's adviser Yusuf Yerkel appearing to enthusiastically kick a protester in Soma who was on the ground, already overpowered by a couple of gendarmes.

Seems ripe for a peoples revolt.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yerkel is apparently an alumni of the London School of African and Oriental Studies.

Presumably they will be including that photo in next years brochure

One wonders what he did for his PhD. Maybe it was on 'How to put the boot in when confronted by protesting miners'

Turkey is a country that looks ripe for Revolution

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yerkel is apparently an alumni of the London School of African and Oriental Studies.

Presumably they will be including that photo in next years brochure

One wonders what he did for his PhD. Maybe it was on 'How to put the boot in when confronted by protesting miners'

Turkey is a country that looks ripe for Revolution

Well this nation has a habit of educating global elite.

Archived