House Price Crash Forum

Austin Mitchell Mp Calls Astrazeneca Takeover 'rape' - Feminists Hysterical

1929crash

HOLA441

Veteran Labour MP Austin Mitchell has refused to apologise for comparing Pfizer's proposed takeover of AstraZeneca to rape.

The Great Grimsby MP took to Twitter to write: "Cameron dare not stop Pfizer because he dare not offend the US in any way. Roll up rapists."

Women's Minister Nicky Morgan described the tweet as "deeply offensive".

But Mr Mitchell condemned an "aura of political correctness" and said the row was a "storm in a teacup".

He defended his comments as "the truth", but he said he did apologise to his party leadership for "the trouble" he had caused.

"I didn't anticipate this kind of reaction," he told the BBC, adding that he feared jobs and research funding would be cut at the British firm if the takeover bid succeeded.

"You've got to bear in mind that one of the definitions of rape in the Oxford English Dictionary is to plunder and that I fear is what is going to happen to AstraZeneca at the hands of Pfizer," he said.

"People talk about the rape of the countryside and the rape of the rainforest, but it doesn't attract the tonne of abuse that has landed on my head.

"I do apologise for inconveniencing Ed Miliband and our chief whip because of all the trouble and all the reaction I've caused, but what I said was essentially the truth."

_74856621_74856620.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27411712

HOLA442

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape

Rape:

noun
1.the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2.any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
4.an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
5.Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
verb (used with object), raped, rap·ing.
6.to force to have sexual intercourse.
7.to plunder (a place); despoil.
8.to seize, take, or carry off by force.
verb (used without object), raped, rap·ing.
9.to commit rape.

It seems the feminists want to take ownership of the word rape and rewrite the dictionary.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

One of the few MPs who talks sense. Good for him.

8.to seize, take, or carry off by force.

Quite apt for a hostlle takeover

Women's Minister Nicky Morgan described the tweet as "deeply offensive".

To whom? Pfizer lobbyists?

HOLA446

One of the few MPs who talks sense. Good for him.

Quite apt for a hostlle takeover

ok so lets play devils advocate here.

maybe the politicians and corporate bigwigs over here have been "putting out" a bit too much.

...is it still rape if they have been slobbering all over you all night and taunting you teasingly by flashing their (lack of) underwear at you?./

they even invited you back to theirs at the end of the night, and let you have a quick fumble in the nightclub.

perhaps they need to learn not to **** on first dates the hard way.

HOLA447

ok so lets play devils advocate here.

maybe the politicians and corporate bigwigs over here have been "putting out" a bit too much.

...is it still rape if they have been slobbering all over you all night and taunting you teasingly by flashing their (lack of) underwear at you?./

they even invited you back to theirs at the end of the night, and let you have a quick fumble in the nightclub.

perhaps they need to learn not to **** on first dates the hard way.

(actually,come to think of it, our political/corporate class seem not satisfied with a one-off shafting,but want the full gang-bang)

HOLA448
HOLA449

Austin Mitchell has always been one of the decent MPs in the Commons, he thinks for himself.

Yes I think so, too! Unlike many politicians, I wouldn't have to have a shower after shaking his hand, not that I've met him of course!

HOLA4410

Yes I think so, too! Unlike many politicians, I wouldn't have to have a shower after shaking his hand, not that I've met him of course!

He's ploughed a long, unglamorous but incredibly valuable furrow in fighting the corner for sensible accounting standards in the UK and really knows his stuff.

He's worth a hundred Neil Hamiltons.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

cant say i give a fart either way. Its a private company. Whats it got to do with either party?

jobs, past subsidies, favours needing returning...etc etc

HOLA4414

I know these parties have whips and advisors and the rest of it - but he really should have told them just to ****** right off. I really do think politicians are missing a trick with all this - most people have had enough of this nonsense. This bloke would have gained a whole host of new supporters.

HOLA4415

I know these parties have whips and advisors and the rest of it - but he really should have told them just to ****** right off. I really do think politicians are missing a trick with all this - most people have had enough of this nonsense. This bloke would have gained a whole host of new supporters.

whilst you are correct, the news isnt interested in anything other than sensation and conflict...they encourage idiots to make a fuss, they encourage leaders to get all het up, they encourage chaos where there is simply idiocy, prejudice or ignorance/mistake.

HOLA4416

whilst you are correct, the news isnt interested in anything other than sensation and conflict...they encourage idiots to make a fuss, they encourage leaders to get all het up, they encourage chaos where there is simply idiocy, prejudice or ignorance/mistake.

I was talking more about the political angle. These politicians are so out of touch they think the public WANT them to be condemning this sort of thing. The reality is the majority don't give a ****** and would love any mp who had the balls to agree with them.

HOLA4417

I was talking more about the political angle. These politicians are so out of touch they think the public WANT them to be condemning this sort of thing. The reality is the majority don't give a ****** and would love any mp who had the balls to agree with them.

That being Farage.

The product of these "condemn everything" attitudes is bland personality-free politicians. Blair and Cameron both stand for nothing, they just agree with the majority consensus and then try to pass that off as their personal opinion.

Archived