House Price Crash Forum
silver surfer

Tories Ahead Of Labour

People are concluding that there's no point in voting Labour because they are just another right wing, pro-austerity, pro-EU party.

Ooh so the establishment is slightly ahead of the establishment. The establishment will be delighted.

But ICM is historically the most accurate.

I'm sure I've seen this same poll go from a 1% lead one month to a 10% lead the next. However good the polling company is a one off poll is pretty pointless, IMHO, apart from gaining some headlines for whoever pays for it. I believe Labour's lead is steady at about 3% to 4%. But by the election I expect the Tories to be ahead but not enough for a majority.

tory-lab hung parliament then.

Gove running schools. Harriet turdbrain for home office, balls-up as chancellor, Mekon Javid as communities.

Oh joy. Maybe they'll even find a job for Blair warmonger jr as defense sec.

One poll means nothing. The lead in the Guardian poll has been all over the place for as long as I can remember.

But Lord Ashcroft also has a poll out today showing a 2% Tory lead.

Wonder if its because an increase in the minority vote. for the last 15 years, the minority population has grown massively, boosting labour votes due to perpetual lies from liebour MPs about Tories wanting to kill black babies and so forth. Now the minorities know tories actually treat everyone equally shit, maybe some are voting tory?

Ah, interesting.

Although the three other polls yesterday had Labour leads of 4%, 6% and 7%.

I still think Labour are three or four points ahead. I don't think that is enough though.

Any of them, including UKIP, will still just do their corporate masters' bidding. Bo**ocks to the electorate you just pay the bills.

Wonder if its because an increase in the minority vote. for the last 15 years, the minority population has grown massively, boosting labour votes due to perpetual lies from liebour MPs about Tories wanting to kill black babies and so forth. Now the minorities know tories actually treat everyone equally shit, maybe some are voting tory?

But Harperson types are more likely to promote abortion which kills disproportionately more black babies.

I can see a UKIP/Tory coalition myself.

Won't that be lovely?

I doubt, given the difficulty that UKIP has agreeing with itself, let alone another party.

Over the last few days, I've had euro election leaflets not only from the official UKIP candidate, but also from Mike Natrass and Nikki Sinclaire, the former UKIP MEPs for the West Midlands, both of whom have left UKIP to found their own anti-EU parties. Mike Natrass's party in particular, "An Independence From Europe", could well take quite a few votes from UKIP. As well as being listed at the top of the ballot paper, he's also well-known in the area and a far more familiar face than the official UKIP candidate.

Edited by snowflux

I doubt, given the difficulty that UKIP has agreeing with itself, let alone another party.

Over the last few days, I've had euro election leaflets not only from the official UKIP candidate, but also from Mike Natrass and Nikki Sinclaire, the former UKIP MEPs for the West Midlands, both of whom have left UKIP to found their own anti-EU parties. Mike Natrass's party in particular, "An Independence From Europe", could well take quite a few votes from UKIP. As well as being listed at the top of the ballot paper, he's also well-known in the area and a far more familiar face than the official UKIP candidate.

In the leafleting stakes since the beginning of the month ive had 1 UKIP flyer, 1 tory, nil labour, and 4, yes, no less than 4 libdem flyers, two of which were letters explicitly addressed to me (guess they look at the electoral rolls)

Not sure why i get so many libdem flyers given they never win anything around these parts, but from the 4 flyers I can deduce the libdems think the sun shines out of brussels ****. Its an almost unhinged, rabid love of everything EU. Seeing as they always condemn UKIP for standing in EU elections whilst being anti-EU, one wonders why, if thats' their logic, the libdem's stand in national/general elections when they want to cede what remains of our sovereignty to brussels.

In the leafleting stakes since the beginning of the month ive had 1 UKIP flyer, 1 tory, nil labour, and 4, yes, no less than 4 libdem flyers, two of which were letters explicitly addressed to me (guess they look at the electoral rolls)

Not sure why i get so many libdem flyers given they never win anything around these parts, but from the 4 flyers I can deduce the libdems think the sun shines out of brussels ****. Its an almost unhinged, rabid love of everything EU. Seeing as they always condemn UKIP for standing in EU elections whilst being anti-EU, one wonders why, if thats' their logic, the libdem's stand in national/general elections when they want to cede what remains of our sovereignty to brussels.

Regardless of your views of Lib Dem policies, at least their West Midlands MEP, Phil Bennion, pulls his weight in scrutinising and amending the legislation that underpins the EU single market rather than spending time, effort and money squabbling with his own colleagues.

Edited by snowflux

Regardless of your views of Lib Dem policies, at least their West Midlands MEP, Phil Bennion, pulls his weight in scrutinising and amending the legislation that underpins the EU single market rather than spending time, effort and money squabbling with his own colleagues.

My response to that would be the same as one of the comments in the guardian link the OP included.

Of course people realise that. People don't vote for UKIP in the expectation that they will do good work in Brussels. They vote for it to show how much they hate the EU, and they expect UKIP MEPs to undermine the European Parliament, not to engage constructively.

A UKIP supporter's attitude to the European Parliament is like a Sinn Fein voter's attitude to Westminster.

My response to that would be the same as one of the comments in the guardian link the OP included.

Of course people realise that. People don't vote for UKIP in the expectation that they will do good work in Brussels. They vote for it to show how much they hate the EU, and they expect UKIP MEPs to undermine the European Parliament, not to engage constructively.

A UKIP supporter's attitude to the European Parliament is like a Sinn Fein voter's attitude to Westminster.

It couldn't hurt for them to do a bit of work, though, could it? After all, we'll still have to implement most of the laws passed by the EU parliament if we want to continue trading with the EU after pulling out. May as well have a say in them while we still can.

I'm an ex (very disgruntled) Tory and I've no idea who or what is voting for this shower of elitest idea bereft simpletons.

Me too!

I'd vote Tory if it meant keeping UKIP out.

I'll be voting UKIP in an attempt to get this shower out.

Me too!

I'll be voting UKIP in an attempt to get this shower out.

Which is a scenario more grounded in reality.

UKIP obviously arent going to form a government, however, they can at least stop the tories forming one.