House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Nhs To Need Thousands Of New Nurses To Meet New Safety Rules?

NHS needs thousands more nurses as new safety rules mean they can't look after more than EIGHT patients at once
article-2624950-0066B6A700000258-73_154x

The rules are suggested in draft guidelines in the wake of the damning Stafford report, and were commissioned by NHS due to fears over dangerous under-staffing.

An interesting headline especially when you consider the issues around getting thousands of new nurses and the long term liabilities with pensions etc.... Does the govt have the money to meet this?

However I'm guessing that in many countries the nurse to patient ratio is going to be a lot lot higher.

An interesting headline especially when you consider the issues around getting thousands of new nurses and the long term liabilities with pensions etc.... Does the govt have the money to meet this?

However I'm guessing that in many countries the nurse to patient ratio is going to be a lot lot higher.

Noone can afford anything because noone has any money, and the gov can't afford more nurses since noone can afford anything resulting in less taxes for the gov.

Yet plainly we have high unemployment and massive underemployment.

Plainly the system is bonkers.

Well, they will probably be replacing the Health care workers with nurses. IMO a long time coming as health care workers can earn as much as 19,000 and a new nurse starts at only 2000 more than that.

I very much like the idea of having better qualified people looking after our elderly and sick.

I don't believe they want more nurses and care workers.......far too many barriers, hoops, hurdles, red tape and bureaucary put in the way, far too costly and timely to get the qualifications they are asking for, a total joke......but they will accept your free labour, voluntary work......therefore they can't be that desperate.

i expect we will steal all the ukrainian nurses

We dont need them we have enough of our own if we train them, oh forgot nursing bursaries have been cut back now.

Well, the wife managed to get on a 4 year course with the OU so at least some are getting on (she works as a HCA part time and studies the rest)

All free.

Oh Btw, she`s a jap (ex colony? For a short time perhaps!)

At least she gets to hear the anti british gossip. "us poles will soon out number the British and then we`ll bully them into leaving" (seriously)

There`s no love lost between Poles and Indians and Africans ("dark people") either.

I hear care homes have a hard time getting nurses. So I suppose the excuse of extra safety rules is only part of the problem.

Nursing is probably a good long term bet as a career.