House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corevalue

Twitter?

Neither do I but it appears the new forum software automatically links into twitter. I'm guessing if people who use twitter that follow the forum start following the forum by twitter the numbers reading the forum may go up.

Perhaps there might be an IPO of HPC?

The scripts that my NoScript identifies for this site are:

housepricecrash.co.uk (allowed)

facebook.net (blocked)

twitter.com (blocked)

googletagservices.com (blocked)

Why doesn't everybody use NoScript to get rid of all this monitoring?

The scripts that my NoScript identifies for this site are:

housepricecrash.co.uk (allowed)

facebook.net (blocked)

twitter.com (blocked)

googletagservices.com (blocked)

Why doesn't everybody use NoScript to get rid of all this monitoring?

O Gawd, another add on.

I have Ghostery - does the same job?

I sometimes think I am missing out on twitter!

I am by no means a luddite I build my own hi def media centres with sickbeard/sabnzb backends and can code pretty well in html and css well enough anyway to make rudimentary websites but I am as a loss as to what real use Twitter is.

I have played with tweetdeck and a couple of well less known apps but other than it telling me what Stephen Fry had for breakfast or what the BBC/SKY breaking stories are (which I can get from their own website anyway) what use is it?

What am I missing out on? Anyone want to chip in how they use it maybe with some you tube demo's.

I sometimes think I am missing out on twitter!

I am by no means a luddite I build my own hi def media centres with sickbeard/sabnzb backends and can code pretty well in html and css well enough anyway to make rudimentary websites but I am as a loss as to what real use Twitter is.

I have played with tweetdeck and a couple of well less known apps but other than it telling me what Stephen Fry had for breakfast or what the BBC/SKY breaking stories are (which I can get from their own website anyway) what use is it?

What am I missing out on? Anyone want to chip in how they use it maybe with some you tube demo's.

It's great for building your business and connecting with new people. It is of course a complete waste of everybody's time but like most things in marketing and promotion it's essential to jump on the band wagon because if you don't then somebody else will be.

It costs nothing and allows you to shamelessly plug your business 24/7. The nature of the place is that people are inundated with boring crap messages and promotional items, but that is just the way twitter is. It means you can be as annoying as a cold caller or unsolicited mail provider and not be thought less of.

It's all basically a numbers game, a vast majority of the people on there won't be genuine customers or contacts, but it's easy enough to get literally thousands of people following you and even if a small percentage are people willing to spend money you have nothing to lose by contacting them.

It does take a while to actually get, it's something that sort of defies explanation really, there isn't anything that is inherently great about it, it's just a load of people posting, on the whole, useless drivel. But I can sit on a train, have a look at said drivel and it passes 10 minutes.