House Price Crash Forum
Wurzel Of Highbridge

Refused A Mortgage Under The 'new Rules'

Either you just made that up or you have gifted the banks £80k of your ( or your parents ) money....either way it's hilarious.

most of the time your posts are really annoying, repetitive and predictable but i must admit this one made me laugh out loud

Ahhh, you seemed to have missed the important question and instead pushed your agenda.....

That question being....why are you on HPC ?

To tell us all of your good fortune...house prices only ever go up....look i've made money...look, i'm buying now and got a great mortgage deal...look i'm an estate agent a**-hole and just want to prove it.

Pull the other one mate a** hole

I'm on HPC because there are some very intelligent posters whose opinions on various economic matters i like to read about. I find them very interesting.

I posted on this thread to highlight the new rules on mortgage lending must be being taken very seriously by HSBC/First Direct and highlighted the fact by detailing what they allowed me compared to the original poster.

I really have no idea why you are so angry mateeyyyyyy.

most of the time your posts are really annoying, repetitive and predictable but i must admit this one made me laugh out loud

I'd take that personally if it weren't for the fact that I don't know who you are or value your opinion in any way, in fact, it could be said....I really dont give a f***k what you think.

the nature of any repetition is only because we need to keep saying the same thing to the same idiot estate agents.

If you are an honest man, I welcome you...if you are not, join mumsnet.

BTW...just looked on first direct, cheaper mortgage for a 225K house with an 80-K deposit is £about 650 quid a month + arrangement feee, so really about 670 ish....then after two years SVR + 3.69...so about £750 + rates aint going lower. I think renting is the sane man's choice under these circumstance.

this site IS for entertainment purposes only.

Count's posts are often that, including in his last run of posts on this thread.

The guy chose one of the strongest-willed hpcers to suggest was wobbling about buying, and Count's response still has me laughing now.

I think the guy was mixing you up with the thread-starter, Wurzel Of Highbridge, who has been questioning buy-vs-rent recently. Although lot of dark times suffered, and effects of HTB since last year have been very testing.

I'd take that personally if it weren't for the fact that I don't know who you are or value your opinion in any way, in fact, it could be said....I really dont give a f***k what you think.

the nature of any repetition is only because we need to keep saying the same thing to the same idiot estate agents.

BTW...just looked on first direct, cheaper mortgage for a 225K house with an 80-K deposit is £about 650 quid a month + arrangement feee, so really about 670 ish....then after two years SVR + 3.69...so about £750 + rates aint going lower. I think renting is the sane man's choice under these circumstance.

He also appears to have forgotten....dilapidations,opportunity, insurance, expenses and general going the garden centre which a renter wouldnt bother with.....costs.

Count's posts are often that, including in his last run of posts on this thread.

The guy chose one of the strongest-willed hpcers to suggest was wobbling about buying, and Count's response still has me laughing now.

I think the guy was mixing you up with the thread-starter, Wurzel Of Highbridge, who has been questioning buy-vs-rent recently. Although lot of dark times suffered, and effects of HTB since last year have been very testing.

"thread starter"...sort of horror film overtones there.

The question of the moment then, will the Count be found in a blue bathtub, or a red one later?..such was the anger and shame of troll hunting....

Edited by Bloo Loo

It's 1.99% above base lifetime tracker so buying is the sane man's choice in these circumstances but nice try my angry little pal:)

He also appears to have forgotten....dilapidations,opportunity, insurance, expenses and general going the garden centre which a renter wouldnt bother with.....costs.

Don't go there...it's repetitive :P

It's not the mortgage that's unaffordable...it's the house.

OFFER LESS.

Good point, well made :)

I have not made any offers or done any viewings since I have been 'Gone From Ireland'.

If When things start looking crashy again I will make a few cheeky offers, but things are not as simple as they appear on the surface. Most sellers will need to obtain a certain price for their property so they can afford to move. In the case of downsizing boomers, they might be the exception bu they will not downsize unless they think it's worth it. The over leveraged will need what they paid for it + stamp duty + ea fees.

This is the biggest problem with HPI that is coming home to rooost, almost nobody gains from it. I have a mother-in-law who bough her ex-council house for £40k who can't afford to maintain it and the £130k -30k mortgage wouldn't even buy her a flat with stamp duty+solicitor fees - zero chance of getting a mortgage for her at 55 on £17k pa.

Not even those who appear to be winners from HPI are really winners and 'most' of them can't take lower offers, not because they don't want to but because they are too poor to be able to pay for fees or take a small loss of £5k/£10k/£20k.

Good point, well made :)

I have not made any offers or done any viewings since I have been 'Gone From Ireland'.

If When things start looking crashy again I will make a few cheeky offers, but things are not as simple as they appear on the surface. Most sellers will need to obtain a certain price for their property so they can afford to move. In the case of downsizing boomers, they might be the exception bu they will not downsize unless they think it's worth it. The over leveraged will need what they paid for it + stamp duty + ea fees.

This is the biggest problem with HPI that is coming home to rooost, almost nobody gains from it. I have a mother-in-law who bough her ex-council house for £40k who can't afford to maintain it and the £130k -30k mortgage wouldn't even buy her a flat with stamp duty+solicitor fees - zero chance of getting a mortgage for her at 55 on £17k pa.

Not even those who appear to be winners from HPI are really winners and 'most' of them can't take lower offers, not because they don't want to but because they are too poor to be able to pay for fees or take a small loss of £5k/£10k/£20k.

You're choosing to only look at the lower end of things. Although even if those circumstances, I suspect there are options, for your mother-in-law on downsizing. Although one of them being to move area may, and that may not appeal to her.

An exception with a great deal of the housing stock. They do have a very big incentive to downsize, but they choose to deny it. They don't think it's worth it because they see no risk of HPC.

It is expensive to downsize. Moving down incurs all the moving costs associated with moving up. Selling a £1m property to move into a £600K property will cost over £40K when all fees and taxes are considered. In effect you lose 10% of the potential gain. I don't believe people are refusing to downsize, it's just that they lack any incentive to do so.

No bans for those with the buy-now 'how to get a mortgage' view; our position is not so weak that it can't withstand scrutiny, and such challenges often lead to good fun.

Well here's my anecdote:

Deposit £100k

Looking to borrow £100k @ 2.29% repayment.

Me £35k, her £17.5k

Mortgage refused on the grounds that the wife is still in her probationary period and it would be unaffordable on my salary.

Bit peed off, but if they won't lend to me they aren't going to be lending to anyone else either.

refused a lousy 100k with a duel income of 52.5k ?

:lol: the worm really has turned

quote removed by moderator

This is what I am talking about:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=197689#entry1102494659

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

I gave up searching for houses on rightmove 2 weeks ago now.

The asking prices were shooting up and it was getting ridiculous, the chances of finding anyone to sell now at a sane price looks to have passed for now, so I just gave up.

How many others have house hunt apathy ?

So you were house hunting until mid-March. But then weeks before that comment:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=194077&page=15#entry1102474424

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

The idiots buying in the last 12 months....they have been warned.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=194077&page=15#entry1102474424

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

has your account been hacked ?

Why would you buy at the 2nd peak of a destructive housing bubble ?

Either you are mad or we are...which is it ?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=196686&view=findpost&p=1102467541

Posted by TheCountOfNowhere on 13 February 2014 - 05:32 PM in House prices and the economy

'tkeeber', on 13 Feb 2014 - 1:46 PM, said:

Houses in certain areas are getting the asking price in less than a week.

Oh look, an estate agent trying to strike fear into the heart of people who dont give a ****.

Come back when you have 2 links to the sold prices on zopla.

For many months or more you have been calling people idiots or EAs on a daily basis simply for saying they are considering buying. Yet its clear from the above that until mid-March you were a house hunter yourself! (Whilst also saying you are leaving the country ASAP btw.) Who is really the one spreading misinformation here!?

(Funnily enough, despite your accusations, my posts on the other hand have, for the most part, been *exposing* misinformation. The main posts getting decent appreciation.)

quote removed by moderator

What a surprise. Check my post above and prior posts for evidence first. Be sure to check the complimentary responses too. I have been dealing in facts while posting here.

He read bile...I read "estate agent w***er".

Are the scared little lambs posting again ?

I'm not quite sure why the thought that somebody making the entirely rational decison that they want more security in their accomodation situation so that they can raise a family should inspire you to such depths of hatred and bitterness, but I guess you have your own issues. Personally, considering the OP has a healthy deposit, isn't taking on a massive mortgage and has a good income, I wish him all the best. Yes, the property market is an obscenity, yes house prices are ridiculously high but not all of us want, or even can, sit around waiting for an HPC that may or may not come, everybody has the right to make thier own decision in this matter and should be able to do so without being subjected to silly, childish and hysterical abuse. BTW, of all the things I maybe (and they could be many) I'm most definitely not an estate agent.

Once again, to the OP, your figures are good, you're mortgageable, all you need do is find yourself a decent mortgage broker. Please don't let bitter and strange people stop you moving forward with your life, because it's just that, your life, not thiers.

Because a bit of Everything is always Good....

http://www.itsarandomworld.com/2014/03/24/

Wow, I'm surprised about that. In fact I can barely believe. If I was looking to buy, I would be in a similar position of loan to deposit.

You are right. If they won't lend to you with that kind of deposit they won't be lending to anyone!

Can I ask what bank you tried to get the loan from?

Out of interest...Why would the size of the deposit have anything to do with it?....the amount they are prepared to lend is on the amount borrowed not the deposit that is put down.......buying a place for £500k with £350k deposit and earning £20k, why would you expect to get £150k? ;)

The deal I was applying for was:[/font][/size]

Life Tracker Repayment - Standard

Max LTV 65%

SVR 2.29% -

Overall cost 2.4% APR

Booking fee £0

Arrangement fee £499

Payment £384

I suspect like everything else in the UK only over 45's need apply.

Closure fee

This is an administration cost to cover the costs in closing a mortgage once it has been fully repaid. Where a customer wishes to transfer their rate to another property and the sale and purchase complete simultaneously, the closure fee will be waived.

This seems like the reverse of letting agent fees! :D

what planet are you on. none of those posts say im looking for a house. are you ten years old? you are proof of ea trolling and when caught out you come out with nonsense like that. do us all a favour and crawl back into your over mortgaged hole.

Your post of April 3 2014 does actually say:

The asking prices were shooting up and it was getting ridiculous, the chances of finding anyone to sell now at a sane price looks to have passed for now, so I just gave up.

That does seem to indicate pretty conclusively that you were looking for property to buy. I think the guy has got you bang to rights. Oh dear....

Because a little bit of Everything is always Good

he accused me of being an ea too

hes seeing them everywhere

must be a bad childhood memory or something

i thought i asked you if you were a decent man, seems not.

Your post of April 3 2014 does actually say:

That does seem to indicate pretty conclusively that you were looking for property to buy. I think the guy has got you bang to rights. Oh dear....

Because a little bit of Everything is always Good

Looking at rightmove to monitor house prices is not remotely the same thing as seriously pursuing the buying of a house.

I think house prices are ridiculous and will likely fall in price, probably beginning in the near future (if it hasn't started already), but that doesn't stop me tracking houses out of interest and following the market generally using that website as a tool.

You're also overlooking the fact that asking price for house prices over the last 6-12 months have become quite ridiculous and that little more than a year ago it perhaps was slightly less of a foolish idea than now to be considering buying. Your quote from the Count illustrates his thoughts regarding this fairly recent change in the market.

That would be a shame. Some of his recent posts, re: Shelter survey, have been far more useful than yours.

Seconded. Just looked through the posts 7 Year alludes to. Making the case that some journalism exaggerates the polling around housing supports an HPI narrative, but the truth is the truth regardless of your reasons for pointing it out. The public are very accepting of high house prices - they find them bewildering, and yet they accept them.

AdamoMucci isn't firing up my troll radar yet.

I'm quite happy to tip into somebody who posts nonsense bullish memes and won't defend them especially if they quickly answer factual arguments with personal insults and general crap troll tactics, but is that what we're really what we are seeing from this poster? Not in my opinion.

On a related note - why are people bothered by being called an EA? If you're not an EA - who cares when someone calls you names on the internet? If you are an EA, why is being called an EA something to get upset about? As everyone at any given moment is either an EA or not an EA, that's everyone covered. I do get suspicious when people react badly to being labelled an EA. Let your argument about the matter at hand do the talking. Being called an EA generally happens when people post blithe "can't go wrong with houses" conventional wisdom in a situation where its application is questionable. You can think of it as hpc code for "Are you sure you've thought that through? We see that crap a lot on here from EA trolls and people who haven't thought it through - which one are you?"

Peace out!