House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

"uk Second Best Education In Europe"

"BBC News education correspondent:

South Korea is in top place in this global education league table

The UK is in second place among European countries and sixth overall in a global education league table.

South Korea is top, with three other Asian countries and Finland making up the top five, in rankings from education and publishing firm, Pearson."

Bloody hell! Makes you wonder what the rest of europe's education is like. :blink:

It's a compound measure. The UK features mediocre schools but a world-leading university sector.

(Much of Pearson's business being concentrated in Higher Education, I expect they attach some importance to that).

It is only an opinion by some self appointed "experts". I would say this is more of an accurate picture of UK education:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-25187997

Pearson is an Anglo group and probably has a bias for education in the English language.

In my opinion the UK's high score in higher education relates to the bias towards English language courses.

It is only an opinion by some self appointed "experts". I would say this is more of an accurate picture of UK education:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-25187997

Pearson is an Anglo group and probably has a bias for education in the English language.

In my opinion the UK's high score in higher education relates to the bias towards English language courses.

Pearson have a lot more credibility than your first sentence!

The question of English Language and cultural bias is an interesting one. However, the general shape of the data seem rather robust, with even Chinese reports - whose bias might be expected to look elsewhere - ranking UK universities at the top of world leagues.