House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Daily Mail =- Squeeze On Htb Mortgages

http://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/front-pages.cfm

"SQUEEZE ON HTB Mortgages!"

I cant read it but according to the Talk Sport presenter today it mentions BUBBLE POPPING.

Sentiment down the pan.

SELL WHILE YOU CAN.

The tories must have worked out what a massive vote loser hammering up the cost of living ( aka housing costs ) actually is.

The idiots buying in london over the last 18 months are going to be screaming like sick pigs.

I'm coming to the conclusion that HTB is going to be a net vote loser for the tories as its now made the "prices rises might actually be a bad thing" narrative mainstream.

I'm coming to the conclusion that HTB is going to be a net vote loser for the tories as its now made the "prices rises might actually be a bad thing" narrative mainstream.

Even though it was actually the FLS money gove away 2% mortgages that's really to blame.

This bubble on bubble action started well before the HTB2 scheme started....it just threw hydrogen into the sun.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I feel the Tories are going to get the blame for this, deservedly (mind you, Labour are equally guilty and would have possibly done worse)

I feel the Tories are going to get the blame for this, deservedly (mind you, Labour are equally guilty and would have possibly done worse)

Where-as the people to blame are THE BANKERS

Where-as the people to blame are THE BANKERS

no question. But the banks are like the Scorpion in the proverb. It's the Government who should be ******ing REGULATE them.

http://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/front-pages.cfm

"SQUEEZE ON HTB Mortgages!"

I cant read it but according to the Talk Sport presenter today it mentions BUBBLE POPPING.

Sentiment down the pan.

SELL WHILE YOU CAN.

The tories must have worked out what a massive vote loser hammering up the cost of living ( aka housing costs ) actually is.

The idiots buying in london over the last 18 months are going to be screaming like sick pigs.

All these "news" and "statistics" come from VI's ,do not make sense and are insult to intelligence even to imbeciles.

The above has been the same for all these years.

Only yesterday you posted the thread about HTB 2 consisting of around 1% of the total number of first time buyers.

Either that is a lie from the Government ( there are many more HTB2 buyers but the Gov. wants to mislead us that the taxpayer is not on the hook for many billions in HTB guarantee) or -if true means that HTB2 has no influence on the mad house prices meaning that since HTB was introduced -coincidentally- hordes (270,000 of them) of "cash rich" foreigners or " cash rich" pensioners ( for several years after 2007 crash they were "blamed" for high house prices) were applying for - mortgages.(?!)

Or could it be that 99% of first time buyers bought new developments on HTB1 ( according to Gov., did not have many applicants anyway) all of a sudden could afford increased prices (developers increase them straight away after announcements of HTB) of these developments?

The truth is actually simple:

It is not even HTB that caused the boom.

It is Liar loans and VI's through hedge funds and their proxies who " buy" properties in large quantities with 0.25% from FLS, leave them empty, reduce supply and increase asking prices further. That is just one of the ways that "hedge" funds - hedge " their investments".

(It has been widely reported that it is not just banks that get the funding from FLS, but any entity that is classed as certain "financial institutions" including large BTL companies)

All these "news" and "statistics" come from VI's ,do not make sense and are insult to intelligence even to imbeciles.

The above has been the same for all these years.

Only yesterday you posted the thread about HTB 2 consisting of around 1% of the total number of first time buyers.

Only yesterday I posted a thread asking someone to confirm the number of idiots who took up HTB2.

It is Liar loans and VI's through hedge funds and their proxies who " buy" properties in large quantities with 0.25% from FLS, leave them empty, reduce supply and increase asking prices further. That is just one of the ways that "hedge" funds - hedge " their investments".

If you're monitoring my posts you will see I posted an hour ago that it was actualy FLS that kicked on this bubble on bubble action, HTB added fuel to the fire.

I'm not sure what your point is.

The truth is actually simple:

It is not even HTB that caused the boom.

(It has been widely reported that it is not just banks that get the funding from FLS, but any entity that is classed as certain "financial institutions" including large BTL companies)

Any sources to back this up? Should be headline news if true.

snip.

link?

no question. But the banks are like the Scorpion in the proverb. It's the Government who should be ******ing REGULATE them.

Its the government who should not be bailing the out, thus giving them free reign to get commission lending money that can never be paid back.

So it can be summarized that cancelling HTB will have almost zero effect on the market for used properties.

Cameron will announce that we have scaled back help-to-buy to stabilize house prices, it will look like he is in controll and helping us when in fact he is doing $hit all along - it's the central banks lowering the cost of borrowing.

Edited by Wurzel Of Highbridge

So it can be summarized that cancelling HTB will have almost zero effect on the market for used properties.

HTB 1 is an entirely different beast and cancelling that WILL have an effect at the bottom rung....newbuilds and movers on up

i have wrote to my local tory mp and complained that htb as increased price in my area by around 25k and as first time buyer they need to deal with the btl and change stamp duty to give people who live in the home a advantage and if they did not doing something to fix this i would vote ukip.

all i got was fobbed off. so guess what im going to vote ukip to kick them up the backside.

link?

The issue of "financial companies" (including the Government's own agency -UKAR that took over Bradford&Bingley + BTL companies,+...) getting funding from FLS was reported on this forum,and that is how I learned about this.

Anyhow:

Lending by banks to mortgage corporations has been eligible under FLS

FLS is used to lend to property investors.FLS is the only government scheme that has not specifically excluded buy-to-let investors

Only yesterday I posted a thread asking someone to confirm the number of idiots who took up HTB2.

If you're monitoring my posts you will see I posted an hour ago that it was actualy FLS that kicked on this bubble on bubble action, HTB added fuel to the fire.

I'm not sure what your point is.

There were threads before on this forum about both HTB1 and HTB2 statistics (peddled by the VI's media and the Gov.)

Each time I looked into those figures it did not make sense that such (as alleged by the Gov.) small number of HTByers can influence crazy increases in already mad house prices.

The very same conclusion applies to all other "news" (ex. FLS fund is firstly £60, then £80, then unlimited amount, then banks get from BOE £5 for each £1 they give out in loans, then this was changed to £10 for each £1 they give out in loans,...)

My points are:

We cannot trust the media,BOE and Government about anything.

Whatever they do, they do INTENTIONALLY (no one is that incompetent) whilst peddling the stupid,self conflicting lies which they present to us as "news". I even do not believe the news about the number of mortgages which were "approved".

Contrary to the popular belief, most purchases are made by the large "financial institutions"and only the small amount by liar loans through FLS to individuals. (This is also evident in America, the fact reported on this forum.)

As long as these "financial institutions" who have the Government in their back pocket continue to "buy" in large quantities (with FLS money and god knows what backdoor taxpayer funded scheme which we do not know of -yet) there will be an increase in house prices and decrease in supply of properties which will in turn increase prices further.

It was also reported on this forum that banks have their own shell companies that do the above.

God knows how many VI parasites are onto this.

Individuals on liar loans make up only a small percentage of the whole buyers' market.

There were threads before on this forum about both HTB1 and HTB2 statistics (peddled by the VI's media and the Gov.)

Each time I looked into those figures it did not make sense that such (as alleged by the Gov.) small number of HTByers can influence crazy increases in already mad house prices.

The very same conclusion applies to all other "news" (ex. FLS fund is firstly £60, then £80, then unlimited amount, then banks get from BOE £5 for each £1 they give out in loans, then this was changed to £10 for each £1 they give out in loans,...)

My points are:

Whatever they do, they do INTENTIONALLY (no one is that incompetent) whilst peddling the stupid,self conflicting lies which they present to us as "news". I even do not believe the news about the number of mortgages which were "approved".

Contrary to the popular belief, most purchases are made by the large "financial institutions"and only the small amount by liar loans through FLS to individuals. (This is also evident in America, the fact reported on this forum.)

As long as these "financial institutions" who have the Government in their back pocket continue to "buy" in large quantities (with FLS money and god knows what backdoor taxpayer funded scheme which we do not know of -yet) there will be an increase in house prices and decrease in supply of properties which will in turn increase prices further.

It was also reported on this forum that banks have their own shell companies that do the above.

Individuals on liar loans make up only a small percentage of the whole buyers' market.

Ooops!

I forgot to put "billions" into:

FLS fund is firstly £60, then £80, then unlimited amount

My points are:

What you describe is not a housing market...it's a speculative bubble backed by a corrupt government.

Thankfully the British government are working for our good.

What you describe is not a housing market...it's a speculative bubble backed by a corrupt government.

Thankfully the British government are working for our good.

Yes.

I also find it also shocking (but not surprising) that SME (small/medium enterprise) is how the VI's classed BTLandlords. (?!)

All these talk over the years about Government and their VI's "helping" the UK economy by investing into SME's. :angry:

They were mainly investing (taxpayers money at 0.25% interest) into large BTLers (read from now on - SMEs), hence the reason the small supply of properties on the market, arrogant sellers and estate agents with mad prices,...

Government and VI's have been taking the p***s at us for all this time.

They always provide you with the truth which they ALWAYS bury underneath, whilst on the surface they leave these stupid "news" which we all discuss, and this is how they divert the attention.

You can never point at them and say "You politicians/bankers never told us about this", simply because they told us, but we never bothered to look and properly research.

We always have to read between the lines of their "news".

Yes.

I also find it also shocking (but not surprising) that SME (small/medium enterprise) is how the VI's classed BTLandlords. (?!)

All these talk over the years about Government and their VI's "helping" the UK economy by investing into SME's. :angry:

They were mainly investing (taxpayers money at 0.25% interest) into large BTLers (read from now on - SMEs), hence the reason the small supply of properties on the market, arrogant sellers and estate agents with mad prices,...

Government and VI's have been taking the p***s at us for all this time.

They always provide you with the truth which they ALWAYS bury underneath, whilst on the surface they leave these stupid "news" which we all discuss, and this is how they divert the attention.

You can never point at them and say "You politicians/bankers never told us about this", simply because they told us, but we never bothered to look and properly research.

We always have to read between the lines of their "news".

Look on the bright side....when the bubble collapses, so will the government.

Trust in politicians and the government must be at an all time low. A massive swing to UKIP will worry them greatly and they might just re-think their policies ( for a few years at least ).

If they don't adjust their thinking the UK is in for a disaster and I for one want to be long gone if it comes to that.

They couldn't stop the collapse in 2008, they slowed the collapse in 2009/2010, they kept thinks ticking over in 2011/1012, they tried to re-inflate the bubble in 2013. All in all though all they've done is make a bigger hole and made it totally transparent for whom they answer to first. The internet is showing up the political system for what it is....a sick joke..

The 2nd collapse is coming...you can feel it in the air ( tonight ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HTB 1 is an entirely different beast and cancelling that WILL have an effect at the bottom rung....newbuilds and movers on up

HTB1....a hand out to builders and bankers alike.

HTB1 is worse that HTB2 if you ask me.

My points are:

There's been many comments on here previosuly about the effect of HTB2 being mainly psychological. Basically the government was saying they believed the price of a FTB's home should be £600K and that they would support people to pay that price. And they pushed it massively. It doesn't take much to cause HPI hysteria in this country and this was more than enough to kick it off again. Also I think there was a lot of confusion, probably deliberately, about what HTB2 entailed (many thought the government was loaning people 20% interest free and taking a stake like HTB1) - which further juiced the psychology side of things.

Edited by oldsport