House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Eurovision Song Contest

That San Marino one sounds like a Bond theme.

The one from the Netherlands sounds like "Every Breath you Take"

From what I've seen so far the one with the guy running in the wheel should do well.

They need a BBC3 version running alongside the main show, but narrated by Mark and Lard with guest slots from Frankie Boyle and Charlie Brooker. I'd watch that.

Edit: and that Philomena Cunk too.

One of the entries does, actually, sound like 'My Lovely Horse'.

I haven't followed this closely, I just happened to catch the semi-final on TV tonight.

OK, I shall confess. I did set a reminder for it when looking through the online guide.

Where's Starla...

I think the night that there was a live running thread about Eurovision on here was more than a little surprising. The conclusion of that thread was that, while not the actual winner this one was certainly the HPC favourite last year..

Cesar - It's my Life

Still great.

I have almost been able to escape the insanity that is the eurovision by moving from Sweden to England. Unfortunately my wife quite likes to watch it.

ESC is a big event in Sweden, lots of media - first page news for many many days. Nutters. ESC and crazy uber-feminists are the things I miss the least about Sweden. Mosquitoes in third place.

I have almost been able to escape the insanity that is the eurovision by moving from Sweden to England. Unfortunately my wife quite likes to watch it.

ESC is a big event in Sweden, lots of media - first page news for many many days. Nutters. ESC and crazy uber-feminists are the things I miss the least about Sweden. Mosquitoes in third place.

It;'s understandable .The ESC has accounted for most of Sweden's GDP since Abba won it.

I read a comment by an American trying to show off their understanding of European culture saying that Russia would not invade Ukraine until after the Eurovision Song Contest because they would lose votes.

I've devoped a nice tune called "I'll bang your bitching ass!", but it was rejected!

ed!

Apparently crimea is still considered part if the Ukraine for ESC voting. (and anyway, the usual "fraternal" voting among the east europeans is mainly due to the various national groupings within the "artificial" borders of neighbouring countries, rather than from the actual population as a whole.

ESC is a big event in Sweden,

Saw her being tipped as a winner on TV. Didn't think that much of her myself

I read a comment by an American trying to show off their understanding of European culture saying that Russia would not invade Ukraine until after the Eurovision Song Contest because they would lose votes.

There may be an element of truth in that B)

There may be an element of truth in that B)

After all, they waited until the Olympics was over before starting this current ugly business.