House Price Crash Forum

Signing Off For Now

HOLA441

Well, I'm going to take a break from HPC - at least until, to be frank, something interesting happens to house prices and the economy (with my luck, that'll be tomorrow).

It's been a fascinating few years, and my understanding of economics has gone from pretty much zero to someone who can vaguely hold their own in conversation with a banker.

However, it's also been a pretty distracting and faintly depressing exercise, and, in the current limbo, there seems nothing particularly new to say or discuss - we just go around in circles. And, to be honest, I've got other things that I ought to focus on.

Anyway, for now, thanks, farewell and good-luck, and here's to an HPC.

TTFN

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Have fun and I am sure you will return. How will you cope without Mr Pins Chat. :)

Every forum has a Pin. for we are legion! :wacko:

Best wishes for the T&L vacation from dribble! <_<

HOLA448
HOLA449

Well, I'm going to take a break from HPC - at least until, to be frank, something interesting happens to house prices and the economy (with my luck, that'll be tomorrow).

It's been a fascinating few years, and my understanding of economics has gone from pretty much zero to someone who can vaguely hold their own in conversation with a banker.

However, it's also been a pretty distracting and faintly depressing exercise, and, in the current limbo, there seems nothing particularly new to say or discuss - we just go around in circles. And, to be honest, I've got other things that I ought to focus on.

TTFN

Couldn't agree more. There is more to life than bricks and mortar!

I think Twitter is the place to be. You can tweet politicians and economists directly. Whether they take any notice or not is a different matter. The 'conversation' can be decidedly one way.

I may just retire to off topic myself

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4410

Like you I realise not much seems to be happening on the HPC front. However I still find a number of posts informative over a wide range of topics, not just about the economy, and I continue to look in and participate most days. Not that I get many replies these days, I must be on a lot of posters ignore list.

Perversely though I wonder what will happen when the last bear turns.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

TTFN

Faintly? Faintly ffs?

Try utterly. Forum has been quieter and is full of circle jerking nutjobs in places.

And I speak as a nutjob. Solo nutjob. No public school circle jerking here.

HOLA4413

Just so you know tomandlu, I will always blame the buyers. ;)

See you back on hpc soon, I hope. Seems you should be ok whichever way things turn out, so good luck.

It starts 2015 when US interest rates rise. Sewn on.

Annoyingly circumstances may dictate I have to buy earlier. Which will mightily hack me off as it will cost me (my estimate) £150k.

Fingers crossed but potentially: Nadgers.

HOLA4414

A change is a good as a rest. You'll be missed. Make sure you lurk, so when it kicks off you can join in without having to spend too long mastering ATNATHAITM, (All The New Acromym That Have Appeared In The Meantime).