House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Vampire Therapy

Thought this would appeal to the 'boomer bashers' on HPC! They will be after fresh blood next!

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-05-05/vampire-therapy-young-blood-reverses-the-signs-of-ageing/

In a somewhat ghoulish experiment that sounds like something from the plot of a Hollywood vampire movie scientists have discovered that an infusion of young blood can reverse the signs of ageing.

Although the experiment has been successfully conducted on laboratory mice, the next step could involve a study of elderly humans.

The researchers believe that young blood may contain natural chemicals that turn back the clock to rejuvenate the ageing brain.

I had to have a blood test recently! Apparently my blood is like an eighteen year old's Not saying where I got it!

I had to have a blood test recently! Apparently my blood is like an eighteen year old's Not saying where I got it!

I feel like an 18 year old, at times.

I feel like an 18 year old, at times.

You can have some of mine! I have them imprisoned in my basement1

Simon Jenkins seems excited at the prospect.

Royal blood line / National Trust immortality.

(they probably do this already on the qt)

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/05/blood-transfusions-rejuvenate-mice-humans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

At last, news we can all use. American researchers in three separate tests have suggested that blood transfusions could rejuvenate not just dodgy cyclists but everyone. It could be a giant step in the quest for immortality, a quest as old as humankind itself. Why wait for Darwinian natural selection when the blood bank can shorten the process by millennia?

Back in time, popes and monarchs wondered if drinking the blood of the young might improve their valour in battle, or their longevity. No shred of evidence supported them. Today it appears that injecting old mice with the blood of young mice produced a marked improvement in activity, strength and cognitive power. A mouse wakes up feeling a whole new mouse.

Hmm, unless the young person concerned was particularly bright, energetic, tested negative for all known blood-borne diseases and was a virgin, I wouldn't want to try it.

That said maybe anything would be better than my filthy old blood!

Didn't the legendary vampires supposedly like young virgins or is that Hollywood?

Hmm, unless the young person concerned was particularly bright, energetic, tested negative for all known blood-borne diseases and was a virgin, I wouldn't want to try it.

That said maybe anything would be better than my filthy old blood!

Didn't the legendary vampires supposedly like young virgins or is that Hollywood?

Vampires might be real but virgins are a myth!

ature Medicine study author and neuroscientist Tony Wyss-Coray of Stanford said he hopes to dive into human studies immediately. His new start-up company, Alkahest, is planning the first young-blood clinical trial at Stanford this year. Patients with Alzheimer’s disease will be given young blood, with researchers measuring their cognitive condition before and after.

Worth keeping an eye on. If dementia can be helped, slowed down or reversed it would be hugely significant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/new-studies-show-that-young-blood-reverses-the-effects-of-aging-when-put-into-older-mice/2014/05/04/1346baac-d2eb-11e3-8a78-8fe50322a72c_story.html

More seriously, apart from the teenagers in Pinnys basement being farmed for their blood, I guess analysis of whatever the substances are in the young blood that make the difference will be the next line of research.

More seriously, apart from the teenagers in Pinnys basement being farmed for their blood, I guess analysis of whatever the substances are in the young blood that make the difference will be the next line of research.

Red Bull and cheap vodka..

Of course he is, he's 70.

Simon Jenkins eagerly tweeted this news about vampire therapy this morning. He should be forced be forced to give up his properties for a few pints of young blood!

One point that occurs to me is that making my brain function more like a young brain would be fine regarding things like having a better memory, but would it also make me behave (more) like a f*ckwit?

I don't have dementia, Just yet! I went to a party once!

I turned up on a motorbike! Yes. white t-shirt and black leather jacket!

I was pretty cool then! The ladies did look at me! :unsure:

Unfortunately, I had run over the tortoise, and turned the cat pink, by dropping a bottle of wine!

One of my friends' lady person, labelled me "James Bean"! :blink:

Have you seen the state of, say, 75% of young people? I know loads of older people that are fitter and age better than people my age. (29)

Have you seen the state of, say, 75% of young people? I know loads of older people that are fitter and age better than people my age. (29)

Well yes, the new vampires will be preying on the young, fit, clean-living and nubile (I would think Salt Lake City would be an excellent hunting ground) not the average fat dissipated teenage slob with 3 untreated STDs.

One of my friends' lady person, labelled me "James Bean"! :blink:

Friend of mine was big Soft Cell fan, and dressed like Marc. Sadly he was a bit overweight and at a party a girl shouted out "Oh look its Mars Barmond"

:blink: It's getting dark now! Im out "doing stuff!

It's no use bluffing, the vampiric boomers are still coming for you.

Anyone who's O is going to be drained dry.