House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
macbeth79

Shard's Qatari Owners To Keep Tower's £60M Luxury Flats For Themselves

They have been touted as some of the most expensive properties in London, with spectacular views of the City and a concierge service included from the luxury hotel downstairs.

But the world’s super-rich may never get a chance to buy the ten luxury flats at the top of the Shard – London’s tallest skyscraper at 1,016 ft – because the building’s Qatari owners have decided to keep them for themselves.

The flats, which at current prime central London prices could be worth up to £60million each, were expected to be marketed soon after the opening of the Shangri-La hotel this week

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2619567/Rooms-view-Shards-owners-luxury-flats-themselves.html#ixzz30kA4QtpT

Could the real; reason be that no one is stupid enough to pay these prices.

They have been touted as some of the most expensive properties in London, with spectacular views of the City and a concierge service included from the luxury hotel downstairs.

But the world’s super-rich may never get a chance to buy the ten luxury flats at the top of the Shard – London’s tallest skyscraper at 1,016 ft – because the building’s Qatari owners have decided to keep them for themselves.

The flats, which at current prime central London prices could be worth up to £60million each, were expected to be marketed soon after the opening of the Shangri-La hotel this week

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2619567/Rooms-view-Shards-owners-luxury-flats-themselves.html#ixzz30kA4QtpT

Could the real; reason be that no one is stupid enough to pay these prices.

I have a plastic dog turd worth $54 million which I have decided to keep for myself.

I'm surprised it didn't go to a footie player.

Shangri-La Hotel. They must have had one of those brain storm the name companies on it to come up with that one. I'm sure it's extremely nice for a hotel though.

Edited by billybong

Shangri-La Hotel. They must have had one of those brain storm the name companies on it to come up with that one. I'm sure it's extremely nice for a hotel though.

It's an international hotel chain, started in the far east back in the 70s: http://www.shangri-la.com/corporate/about-us/

I stayed in one in Hong Kong once, it was pretty nice but not obviously better than a load of others in the same market space.

When people have so much money, it is not flats they are buying they most definitely already have property to stay all over the world....they buy like you would a rare masterpiece painting, gold or land or anything they think someone at a later date will pay more for, a store of value to preserve, maintain and increase their wealth......the fundamental objection is to say, keep it, don't want or need it.....they may think that is what people want, others in the know know otherwise. ;)

Just in case it all goes TU back home. Same reason everybody else hides their money in the London tax haven.