House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

‘She Had Spanx On’: Why The Cps Dropped One Rape Case - As Prosecution Rate Falls Even Further

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/she-had-spanx-on-why-the-cps-dropped-one-rape-case--as-prosecution-rate-falls-even-further-9313912.html

An alarming fall in the number of rape convictions has led the Director of Public Prosecutions to express concern that victims are not seeing their cases dealt with properly.

New figures reveal that 129 fewer rape suspects were convicted in 2013 than the year before and the number of rape cases referred to prosecutors for charging has fallen by more than a third since 2011. This is despite a rise in offences recorded by police.

In one case, a lawyer told a woman who had been raped that they would not be pursuing her case, “particularly bearing in mind the type of underwear that you had on at the time”. The woman, who has asked for anonymity, says she was wearing Spanx – body-shaping hosiery.

In an interview with The Independent, Alison Saunders, the Director of Public Prosecutions, said there were worrying variations in the way rape cases are dealt with across the country. “We have certainly seen some indication that cases which we thought should have gone through [to charge] didn’t,” she said.

Is spanx underwear rape proof?? There surely must be more to why it was dropped than is being given here?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/she-had-spanx-on-why-the-cps-dropped-one-rape-case--as-prosecution-rate-falls-even-further-9313912.html

Is spanx underwear rape proof?? There surely must be more to why it was dropped than is being given here?

Itd either have to be ripped off thus there would be evidence, or she took it off voluntarily.

Doesnt take much for a one night stand to cry rape these days, i hope the tide turns in favour of us men soon.

Itd either have to be ripped off thus there would be evidence, or she took it off voluntarily.

Doesnt take much for a one night stand to cry rape these days, i hope the tide turns in favour of us men soon.

I'd read it as meaning she was "asking for it" by dressing "provocatively"

Provocative tummy control underwear????? :/

Provocative tummy control underwear????? :/

I'm just trying to follow the prosecutor's reasoning.

Why do you think women wear tummy control underwear? It's to make their bodies look "better" (whilst fully clothed). And the prosecutor seems to think that in so doing this meant she must have been wanting to have sex. I think that's why it's rightly caused such a storm.

Presumably she wasnt going out wearing it so unless the alleged rapist had x ray vision he would not have seen it.

:rolleyes:

I'm just trying to follow the prosecutor's reasoning.

Why do you think women wear tummy control underwear? It's to make their bodies look "better" (whilst fully clothed). And the prosecutor seems to think that in so doing this meant she must have been wanting to have sex. I think that's why it's rightly caused such a storm.

I think youre in a minority of 1 person in this entire world who has thought this way.

You seem to have forgotten a third option: she removed them under threat (and so they were not ripped).

Presumably she wasnt going out wearing it so unless the alleged rapist had x ray vision he would not have seen it.

:rolleyes:

Do you really not follow the prosecutor's thinking? He's saying a woman wears Spanx to make her body look better (whilst fully clothed) - and she would only be doing this to attract a man - and therefore she must have wanted to have sex - and therefore it can't be rape.

I think youre in a minority of 1 person in this entire world who has thought this way.

No, I've now read several others saying the same thing. Nobody else has proposed your explanation, though.

Do you really not follow the prosecutor's thinking? He's saying a woman wears Spanx to make her body look better (whilst fully clothed) - and she would only be doing this to attract a man - and therefore she must have wanted to have sex - and therefore it can't be rape.

I'd agree with corruption, not you.

Spanx are practically a chastity belt.

After reading a bit more on the internet most people seem to agree with your interptretation of what hte prosecutor meant rather than mine - probably three to one - no-one will ever know for sure it seems because the CPS didn't give an explantion to the complainant when she asked what was meant. It seems like a sensationalist newspaper headline without a point as nobody knows for sure what it refers to.

Never heard of "spanx", and I've no intention of googling it :blink:

But I'd be taking as hard a look at the journo as the prosecutor. I suspect there's spin in that quote, and the context would throw an altogether different light on it.

Spanx are practically a chastity belt.

When my wife wears this, it's a lengthy two person procedure to get her out of it.

There's a funny blog I read about a woman who tried some on in a shop without a close friend present, and got stuck trying to get them off.

Looking at pictures you wonder what these women do when they need a piss in a hurry - especially as the underwear must reduce bladder size to the minimum.

I always remember a colleague of mine complaining that she'd pissed in her knickers because she couldn't get them down in time due to suspenders - she'd put her knickers on under the suspenders "like it showed on the packet" but Spanx must be 10 times worse.

Looking at pictures you wonder what these women do when they need a piss in a hurry - especially as the underwear must reduce bladder size to the minimum.

I always remember a colleague of mine complaining that she'd pissed in her knickers because she couldn't get them down in time due to suspenders - she'd put her knickers on under the suspenders "like it showed on the packet" but Spanx must be 10 times worse.

Whilst reading a bit more about the case in the OP I also found out that Spanx have a pee hole/flap.

And I also found out that some are "double gussett" which seems to be a posh way of saying crotchless.

Whilst reading a bit more about the case in the OP I also found out that Spanx have a pee hole/flap.

And I also found out that some are "double gussett" which seems to be a posh way of saying crotchless.

That could be a turn on for some - crotchless tummy control panties.

Perhaps they should issue them to the white social underclass school girls in some northern U.K cities.

Who helps you get her out of her underwear then?

I bet you would!