House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jasonpistol

Biggest Joke In Walthamstow

i viewed this one around christmas time 2013

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35994040.html

it was up for £250-£280,000

the stench was unbearable, parts of it needed rebuilding and the bathroom floorboards had turned to sponge because of a water leak.

it didn't sell then so looks they think sticking another £50k on the price will do the trick

Ah

i viewed this one around christmas time 2013

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35994040.html

it was up for £250-£280,000

the stench was unbearable, parts of it needed rebuilding and the bathroom floorboards had turned to sponge because of a water leak.

it didn't sell then so looks they think sticking another £50k on the price will do the trick

Ah just down from the Monoux College where they were having knife amnestys 15 years ago.

Absolutely staggering isn't it?

I had a nce little 2 up 2 down in Milton road down in the town then. Must be worth £400k now.

Again staggering, i paid £54k on a NHS Clerks wage. On my own.

You'd have to be a ******ing city lawyer to live in my old house now. It was built for NHS clerks not lawyers.

Good luck everyone......

Ah

Ah just down from the Monoux College where they were having knife amnestys 15 years ago.

Absolutely staggering isn't it?

I had a nce little 2 up 2 down in Milton road down in the town then. Must be worth £400k now.

Again staggering, i paid £54k on a NHS Clerks wage. On my own.

You'd have to be a ******ing city lawyer to live in my old house now. It was built for NHS clerks not lawyers.

Good luck everyone......

To be fair, you could buy it as a new hospital consultant married to a senior nurse with a bit of help from BOMAD.

I expect the issue is the house that the seller wants to move to has gone up in price. That's the problem with rampant property inflation it hurts everyone.

That's a very good point and well worth remembering,

To be fair, you could buy it as a new hospital consultant married to a senior nurse with a bit of help from BOMAD.

To live in Chingford Road E17.

Where the buses will blow their soot straight in your door, and where the College up the road is full of knife wielding crimettes.

Something really has to give.

the sad thing is someone will think "i've got to get on the ladder now because prices will keep going up and in three years time it'll be worth a million pounds" and buy it at over the asking price

To live in Chingford Road E17.

Where the buses will blow their soot straight in your door, and where the College up the road is full of knife wielding crimettes.

Something really has to give.

Not to mention the lack of any parking outside your home, in fact it will be tough to find somewhere to park on any of the local streets!

here is another joke

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46169435.html

tiny, groundfloor bathroom, in need of a complete refurb, not a station or nightbus connection in sight cashing on one the naive home seeker

I prefer that one. Quiet back street and you get a bit of a garden. Would have to be going for half that price though!

You think that's a joke?

This (in my opinion very ordinary) was posted on a Walthamstow Facebook group where there were many 'Isn't it beautiful...?' type sighs of longing:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45630062.html

(I just moved out of Walthamstow...it's staggering how the same people who sneered at it three years ago view it as a thing of beauty - when virtually nothing has changed).

Fifty-nine pictures of that house? Really?!

They aren't even pretending they are showing off the house in most of them. 21 and 25 are closeups of ornaments, FFS.

I'd like to see the owner's face if Ann Maurice went in and demanded they de-cluttered because it was unsellable with all that tat around :-)

You think that's a joke?

This (in my opinion very ordinary) was posted on a Walthamstow Facebook group where there were many 'Isn't it beautiful...?' type sighs of longing:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45630062.html

(I just moved out of Walthamstow...it's staggering how the same people who sneered at it three years ago view it as a thing of beauty - when virtually nothing has changed).

Ok, we have a new biggest joke of Walthamstow! That is a truly staggering high asking price!

Edited by renting til I die

02/05/2014

• Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'null'
  • Price changed: £800,000
14/04/2014
  • Initial entry found.

did they come to their senses?

or did BoMaD turn off the tap?

What is the picture of Charles Darwin doing above the fire place.

So many pictures of the front door.

It is a very nice front door!

I think they have so many pictures because they were going to try and animate the walk through the house. Just check out photos 17 and 18. see how they have put together a great 2 frame animation of the doors opening into the front room!

I think they have so many pictures because they were going to try and animate the walk through the house. Just check out photos 17 and 18. see how they have put together a great 2 frame animation of the doors opening into the front room!

i am sold, i want to buy the door.

:lol: Actually the more I think about it the more I wonder if Estates 17 hasn't had an influx of workers from Nick Park's studio. 59 pictures is quite conservative for them!

Knowing how mad the mania in E17 has been the past year or so (with even the grubbiest places having crammed 'open days') it seems an amazing reversal to see ANY reductions...but they ARE happening: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/upper-walthamstow/reduced/?feature=has_garden&search_source=facets

Every time I looked at a house there the past 15 years that Pentire Road one came up...it must be the most hideous extension in the country. Imagine if your neighbours started building that! http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32018908

the only way is down, surely?

If it is, nobody has told Estates 17 who are teasing us with a £900k mystery property in (again, like the 56-photo house) the very ordinary Addison Road: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46240718.html

Some of the houses have three storeys, but come on. I love it though - 'Low Key Sale'! What brilliant new strategy is this?