House Price Crash Forum

In Other News..clarkson The Racist To Be Fired

Bloo Loo

HOLA441

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-presenter-3480875

Apparently, people of my generation are racist for using the n word.

apparently, only n word people can use the n word.

and the rhyme chanted by millions of kids in the 1960s and earlier makes them all racist...current enlightened white kids use the word tiger.

pathetic that a serious newspaper goes for a presenter like this...when there are real criminals out there

wiki agrees with me:

A common modern version is:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

There are many common variations, such as replacing tiger with "piggy", "******" (when the word was still in common use), "tinker", "tigger", "chicken", "monkey", "baby", "spider", "teacher", or a two-syllable name; and changing the verb in the third line to "screams", "wiggles", "squeals" or another verb.[2] The last two lines may be changed to "if he hollers, let him pay, fifty dollars every day."

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

If you're not black, then you should only use the word '******' when actually discussing it imho (and I'd rather black people didn't use it, but that's their business).

Clarkson has always pushed it, but, given this wasn't broadcast, the reaction does seem a bit OTT. I suppose this plus the 'slope' thing might get him fired, but I assume he's still a pull for the BBC, so it's unlikely.

HOLA444

I have older relatives who are way less racist than me, grew up hippies, cried when Hendrix and Marley died, but because of their age, still call the blacks 'coloureds'

If someone hears them, I presume they will be arrested. Oh well hippy generation, reap what you sow. You wanted anti-free speech legislation, now you got it. I dont remember clarkson kicking up much a fuss what Harperson decide free speech should be consigned to the dustbin of history. Giving clarkson A nice fat $2.5million fine like that sterling fella will do for starters.

HOLA445

It is racist these days to tell the truth.

black people are black...the n word is a degradation of negre...which means....black.

My granma called them coloureds...as that was how they were refered to in her day. In my day, in Detroit, the coloreds sat at the back of the bus.

but, it is ok to recognise their difference with the Black police federation, black employment agencies and just about anything else where the self guilt of the white man means they need special help...its a sort of payback.

Im pretty sure Clarkson would have said the n word, as he is about my age, and that was one of the variants we used..i dont recall any persons of colour attending our UK school...I do recall the word was changed to TEACHER as we all thought that was funny...no doubt, teachers will be suing kids if they catch them hurting their feelings so cruelly.

HOLA446

If the BBC or the law pushes this, the result will be that Clarkson becomes a martyr and a folk hero to those who reject political correctness. And if that happens, it'll serve the lefties right.

Just look at Paula Deen - a recent opinion poll suggested that if she ran for governor of any one of ten southern states, she'd win with a thumping majority. She might no longer be on national TV, but DVD sales of her cookery shows increased tenfold and she's opened several new restaurants in her popular strongholds - Georgia, Alabama, etc. And in my view her remarks put Clarkson's in the shade: his are just crude schoolboy jokes, whereas Deen gave the impression that she genuinely, and after thought, believes that slavery should not have been ended.

HOLA447

As is often quoted on here:

A racist incident is any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person.

So by definition I can make anyone I choose to be, a racist.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yes, rather like Hupty Dumpty!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-presenter-3480875

Apparently, people of my generation are racist for using the n word.

apparently, only n word people can use the n word.

and the rhyme chanted by millions of kids in the 1960s and earlier makes them all racist...current enlightened white kids use the word tiger.

pathetic that a serious newspaper goes for a presenter like this...when there are real criminals out there

wiki agrees with me:

A common modern version is:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

There are many common variations, such as replacing tiger with "piggy", "******" (when the word was still in common use), "tinker", "tigger", "chicken", "monkey", "baby", "spider", "teacher", or a two-syllable name; and changing the verb in the third line to "screams", "wiggles", "squeals" or another verb.[2] The last two lines may be changed to "if he hollers, let him pay, fifty dollars every day."

wibble :wacko:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_%28dog%29

Recently, one writer, James Holland, has commented that controversy over the dog's name seems to have overshadowed other aspects of the raid. When he told people that he was planning to write a book on the raid, 9 out of 10 replied "What are you going to call the dog?". He found that the three characters connected with the raid who most people had heard of were Guy Gibson, Barnes Wallis and ****** the dog.[14]

HOLA4417

I am confused...

Just watched that oscar winning movie 12 years a slave.

If Clarkson is guilty of using this word once then what is the writer/producer of the movie guilty of?

Moreover what about the people who voted it worth an Oscar.

I understand that the word can be offensive but how can the differential be made? Clarkson (allegedly) utters a well known nursery rhyme and dozens of people use the word maliciously in a movie which after all is a commercial enterprise.

This cannot work both ways how can one cause offence and not the other?

HOLA4418

Can you call black people in the USA black any more, or is it now considered racist there? African American appears to have taken over. If you called someone African British here, and their heritage was Caribbean, they'd probably take great offence.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Is "coloured" offensive? Is "black"? What about "wog"?

Is ti more offensive to refer to someone as a "negro" or to not notice their ethnicity?

HOLA4421

A racist incident is any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person.

These ridiculous laws never made a lot of sense to me.. if I speak disparagingly of my own race does that count?

I heard on the radio today that having a banana at a football match is apparently considered racist as well.. seriously, wtf!?

People who say/do stupid things are idiots, but people who allow idiots to offend them are idiots too.

HOLA4422

Is "coloured" offensive? Is "black"? What about "wog"?

Is ti more offensive to refer to someone as a "negro" or to not notice their ethnicity?

Surely when someone addresses you the only thing you care about is how something is said, not what is said.

For example, I'd be much more offended by a by a random stranger calling me a "f****g bell-end" than an Aussie jokingly addressing me with a racial slur like pommy etc.

Ridiculous that I could have the Aussie arrested for the latter but not the former.

HOLA4423

If you're not black, then you should only use the word '******' when actually discussing it imho (and I'd rather black people didn't use it, but that's their business).

So why do you think it is ok for people with dark skin to use the word and not people with light coloured (or other) skin?

HOLA4424

This is my view. I've never harmed anyone because of their race, never been called a racist (did get called anti-welsh once, not sure if that counts!) but seeings as the term is so flexible, and disagreeing with religious ideologies is now included under the umbrella of 'wasism' , i'll pre-empt any accuser and consider myself a racist.

HOLA4425

This is my view. I've never harmed anyone because of their race, never been called a racist (did get called anti-welsh once, not sure if that counts!) but seeings as the term is so flexible, and disagreeing with religious ideologies is now included under the umbrella of 'wasism' , i'll pre-empt any accuser and consider myself a racist.

How excellent! ;)

Archived