House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Austerity Britain - Bins To Be Emptied Every 3 Weeks

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/473316/Things-could-get-smelly-as-families-face-a-three-week-wait-to-have-bins-emptied

Gwynedd Council in north Wales voted unanimously to move to collections once every three weeks from October, despite 56 per cent of families saying this would cause problems.

And in central Wales Torfaen Council is to launch a consultation on introducing collections just once a month.

It would mean any resident on holiday on collection day must wait two months before bins are emptied.

More than half of England’s councils operate fortnightly bin collections but Falkirk Council in Scotland has already decided to introduce three-week collections next month.

Doretta Cocks, of the Campaign for Weekly Waste Collections, said other councils are certain to follow Gwynedd and Falkirk.

“This was inevitable once councils got away with fortnightly collections,” she added.

“I have always thought it would lead to three-weekly and monthly collections.

So the rats will more than likely get bigger and the whole country will start to smell.

I wonder which council will go for monthly collections first. Certainly the size of our bin isn't big enough for anything beyond 2 weeks.

And in central Wales Torfaen Council is to launch a consultation on introducing collections just once a month.

Don't these muppets have a map? Torfaen borders with Monmouthsire and at one time was within Monmouthshire. What kind of thinking has brought about the locating of Toraen in 'central Wales'?

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/exclusive-northampton-borough-council-staff-told-of-possible-changes-to-pay-and-conditions-1-6031130

"All 600 employees at Northampton Borough Council have been informed of potential changes to their pay and conditions which could result in some working longer hours for no extra money."

Someone's posted the sensible comment:

"Here's a better idea....work the same hours for less money and no pension...much like the real tax payers.

Then you can CUT OUR TAXES and let the people who earned the money keep it.

The public sector boom days are over, the country owes £1.2 Trillion !!! And the real cuts HAVE to happen at some point."

7 thumbs down....who are these people who don't want our taxes cut ? Could they be the same people taking them ?

Just cut everyone's wages to zero, public & private sector, abolish all pensions and let people empty their own bins

Simples.

Our grey bin is rarely a 1/3 full. The one week it was full was due to me dealing with someone else's rubbish cos they were a complete and utter twit of the highest order.

Every 3 weeks would probably be ok.
We have food waste bins collected every week.

Just cut everyone's wages to zero, public & private sector, abolish all pensions and let people empty their own bins

Simples.

No need to go that far.

Just cut public sector wages and pensions to the minimum needed to fill a post. Like what happens in the private sector.

Their ultimate aim is for everyone to take their own rubbish to the local tip.

We already have to do this once every 2-3 weeks as the grey bin is full

Simples.

so they will need less bin men then?

Or are the bin men just going to stroll a little more slowly?

Our grey bin is rarely a 1/3 full. The one week it was full was due to me dealing with someone else's rubbish cos they were a complete and utter twit of the highest order.

Every 3 weeks would probably be ok.

We have food waste bins collected every week.

I actually make an effort to use recycling (the collection is pretty good, it's weekly and there's a depot near me too for any excess) and as a result only put my rubbish bin out once every 6 weeks or so when it's full.

Despite that, many times that I put it out the back there's some sort of hassle - either with neighbours trying to stuff their extra rubbish in it causing the lid not to close and thus the bin not to be collected/emptied , or the bin going 'missing' as some people clearly like to commandeer extra bin capacity for all the crap they produce. It's a right pain and I've taken to leaving the bin out as late as possible the evening before and trying to get back home as soon as possible after the collection to get it before it's nabbed.

Since the collections went two-weekly this problem has got even worse. If they went to three weeks I dread to think what would happen with the people who seem to do little but generate mountains of waste.

Their ultimate aim is for everyone to take their own rubbish to the local tip.

We already have to do this once every 2-3 weeks as the grey bin is full

Your forgetting that they will then add a charge for using the tip. £1 then £2 then £5 then £10 etc....

Every three weeks would be fine with me.....food bin is hardly ever used, love food hate waste, only used for meat and fish bones...the birds eat any crumbs, fat can be made into fat balls with seed, rice, they love old apples and pears etc...peelings, tea bags, egg shells etc made into compost......go shopping with an old bag, ikea blue bags are good, from trolly to car, great for laundry also.....so only recycled stuff mainly glass, tins, paper and plastic is collected..... ;)

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/exclusive-northampton-borough-council-staff-told-of-possible-changes-to-pay-and-conditions-1-6031130

"All 600 employees at Northampton Borough Council have been informed of potential changes to their pay and conditions which could result in some working longer hours for no extra money."

Someone's posted the sensible comment:

"Here's a better idea....work the same hours for less money and no pension...much like the real tax payers.

Then you can CUT OUR TAXES and let the people who earned the money keep it.

The public sector boom days are over, the country owes £1.2 Trillion !!! And the real cuts HAVE to happen at some point."

7 thumbs down....who are these people who don't want our taxes cut ? Could they be the same people taking them ?

Yay, race to the bottom. That'll work. Like, if everyone earns so little that they don't pay any tax then the deficit will, ermm..., what again?

Given the bin men are about the only public service of theirs I use, and I shell out ~150 a month to the buggers - most expensive bin service in the world.

Every three weeks would be fine with me.....food bin is hardly ever used, love food hate waste, only used for meat and fish bones...the birds eat any crumbs, fat can be made into fat balls with seed, rice, they love old apples and pears etc...peelings, tea bags, egg shells etc made into compost......go shopping with an old bag, ikea blue bags are good, from trolly to car, great for laundry also.....so only recycled stuff mainly glass, tins, paper and plastic is collected..... ;)

Same here only put the grey bin out once a month. Then it’s only half full.

End up with more in the brown bin / garden waste March to October. That's hardly urgent.

Occasionally put a few glass bottles/jars out for the recycling if theyre no good for the homebrew + a bit of junk mail.

Besides what goes in the bins that rats would want?

Surely no one here has any food waste that doesn’t go in the compost.

Same here only put the grey bin out once a month. Then it’s only half full.

End up with more in the brown bin / garden waste March to October. That's hardly urgent.

Occasionally put a few glass bottles/jars out for the recycling if theyre no good for the homebrew + a bit of junk mail.

Besides what goes in the bins that rats would want?

Surely no one here has any food waste that doesn’t go in the compost.

Should never put any meat waste into compost, nor onions and alike, maggots and flies were a problem last year after one missed collection.

Yay, race to the bottom. That'll work. Like, if everyone earns so little that they don't pay any tax then the deficit will, ermm..., what again?

More hyperbole. No-ones talking about everyone earning below the tax threshold.

Presumably you also think the deficit could be cleared by giving public sector huge wage increases so they pay a lot more tax.

I have hardly any food waste, certainly not enough to bother separating it out. However it only needs a very small amount to start smelling. General waste, which should include food, should be emptied weekly, end of.

I never put any cooked food into the compst as they will attract rodents. Incidentally, I you shouldn't feed birds too much bread as it doesn't contain adequate protein for their diet. Too much can even kill them.

Impairing basic rubbish collection services is a sure fire way to increased flytipping etc.

HAVE YOU NOT REALISED YET THAT THE WHOLE POINT IS TO INDUCE UNSANITARY CONDITIONS TO KILL PEOPLE OFF.

they would just rather do it by sneaky ways like this rather than overt confrontation.

this way they can keep on smooth talking and smiling at you while stabbing you in the back.

they don't give a sh1t about public health, period.

if it was us doing it to the mad mullahs then we just make sure the pumps in their desalination plants have a bad batch of faulty bearings(or slightly permeable seals in sewage treatment pipes)....that sort of thing.

....or maybe lace the filter linings with slow release contaceptives.

Edited by oracle