House Price Crash Forum

Farage Chickens Out Of Newark

crashmonitor

HOLA441

Has announced he will not be standing in the Newark election.

His obvious lack of knowledge of the constituency has probably done for him.

Basically Newark is 99% white, there is a small minority of travellers that are not popular with the majority. It consists of a white underclass situated in God forsaken suburbs like Balderton and a rural middle class who similarly have UKIP leanings. Would have walked it, and the Tory 16,000 majority pretty irrelevant. You can soon make a seat safe if you are a party leader.

This constituency is as far removed from the Bollinger Bolshevik urban elite championing immigration to boost their property values, like the Milibot, as you can get.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27216172

Edited by crashmonitor

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Who cares?

He'll get into parliament eventually, he might even get a few other UKIP MPs one day if he can find some better candidates.

Won't change a thing. It's a distraction.

With adequate control systems properly implemented the UK's EU membership would be fine, it's not really the EU that's at fault but the UK for being so incompetent and poor at dealing with the situation.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

He is no doubt aware of better seats to fight.

Besides if he puts in a local UKIP person against this 32 year old Oxbridge lawyer then he will no doubt stand a good chance.

http://www.conservatives.com/OurTeam/Prospective_Parliamentary_Candidates/Jenrick_Robert.aspx

Indeed his business experience appears to be about selling art to toffs at Christies....another world from the rural isolation of Newark.

HOLA446

Indeed his business experience appears to be about selling art to toffs at Christies....another world from the rural isolation of Newark.

Its well past time where if you want to represent people of a constituency you must have lived there for a certain amount of years.

It'd be one way to get rid of these Oxbridge cnts who do nothing other then spit out the party line in that patronising way only they can do, with most being from the Home Counties or London.

HOLA447

I'm sure after one look at him and his wife, people will be reassured that's he's a top bloke who understands their problems...

_70868586_rj&wife.jpg

Robert Jenrick, pictured with his wife Michelle, has been selected to represent Newark for the Conservatives

Are they for real? They look like something from a bad satire...

Edited by tomandlu

HOLA448

I'm sure after one look at him and his wife, people will be reassured that's he's a top bloke who understands their problems...

_70868586_rj&wife.jpg

Robert Jenrick, pictured with his wife Michelle, has been selected to represent Newark for the Conservatives[/size]

Are they for real? They look like something from a bad satire...

His wife looks 30, but dresses 80.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Asking Farage whether he's going to stand seems more of an attempt to deflect attention from the circumstances of the by election rather than a reflection on Farage himself. The circumstances being a Conservative MP resigning after apparently being willing to take money in order to lobby and something that so far isn't being broadcast that much or getting that much media attention as the eu elections approach.

It's a bit like some of the Conservative sleaze evident in the years leading upto the 1997 general election.

HOLA4413

He's ex-Christie's, the auctioneers. Must be a mate of Krusty and her Dad, both old Christie's hands...

Knocking out a few antiques is clearly the training an MP needs..

"Do I hear a tenner? A tenner? By the toilets - in the hat! Thankyew, squire! Twelve anywhere..?"

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4414

>>there is a small minority of travellers that are not popular with the majority. <<

I wonder why? Oh yeah, cos they are thieving bas**rds knicking anything that either is or isn't screwed down, with impunity, cos the rozzers can't be arsed or are too scared to do owt about it.

HOLA4415

I think Farage has done the right thing. I think a lot of UKIP supporters will go out and vote. A lot of lablibcon won't bother voting. If Farage had stood lablibcon voters would have come out in mass.

HOLA4416

Who cares?

He'll get into parliament eventually, he might even get a few other UKIP MPs one day if he can find some better candidates.

Won't change a thing. It's a distraction.

With adequate control systems properly implemented the UK's EU membership would be fine, it's not really the EU that's at fault but the UK for being so incompetent and poor at dealing with the situation.

I and many others will be voting UKIP, not because we want to get out of Europe, but because we have had enough of duplicity the other parties.

HOLA4417

He is no doubt aware of better seats to fight.

Besides if he puts in a local UKIP person against this 32 year old Oxbridge lawyer then he will no doubt stand a good chance.

http://www.conservatives.com/OurTeam/Prospective_Parliamentary_Candidates/Jenrick_Robert.aspx

I do love the questionnaire at the bottom of his page. 'Do you think all of our policies are wonderful, or would you rather be fed to ravenous wolves?'.

So he leaves Cambridge at 21, spends some time in Pennsylvania, qualifies as a solicitor, and becomes a director of Christie's at 28. I'm sure he's bright but..

And to be fair, Wolverhampton is not *that* far from Nottingham (by the standards of place-man candidates).

HOLA4418

I do love the questionnaire at the bottom of his page. 'Do you think all of our policies are wonderful, or would you rather be fed to ravenous wolves?'.

So he leaves Cambridge at 21, spends some time in Pennsylvania, qualifies as a solicitor, and becomes a director of Christie's at 28. I'm sure he's bright but..

And to be fair, Wolverhampton is not *that* far from Nottingham (by the standards of place-man candidates).

Its interesting why a person like this (a seemingly successful person) would want a job as an MP? I know they trot out the lines to "improve people's lives" but how many of them have the experience of living off benefits or claiming the dole...virtually none of them...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Its interesting why a person like this (a seemingly successful person) would want a job as an MP? I know they trot out the lines to "improve people's lives" but how many of them have the experience of living off benefits or claiming the dole...virtually none of them...

Career move. Few years of jolly good fun, get to write some legislation, get some serious consultancy money afterwards based on how to get around that legislation..

May even visit the constituency if it has a decent restaurant.

(Edit: In the interests of fairness, this guy's CV appears interchangeable with the general election Labour candidate for my constituency. It's like they're all the same or something.)

Edited by fluffy666

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I and many others will be voting UKIP, not because we want to get out of Europe, but because we have had enough of duplicity the other parties.

Actively voting for "the wrong lizard" (Hitchhiker's Guide reference) seems, to me, a particularly illogical thing to do.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

OK, well I can certainly understand anyone's disillusion with LibLabCon.

Are you expecting UKIP MPs to be honest, altruistic hardworking people with only the best interests of the UK and their electorate at heart?