House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
giesahoose

Uk Gdp Figures Released Today

The consensus is 0.9%, so I will go with that. Only 40% 0f the data in, so very provisional.

I actually think that GDP is now being under recorded, OK its dodgy GDP based on a housing boom, but all this artificial activity around property is up massively.

If indeed they were correctly measuring it, then it would be the first time in recorded history that the ONS has hit the spot coming out of a recession. They have f**ked up every time, interest rates have been kept too low and years later massive revisions had to made. Most notably during the Lamont green shoots, they were reporting a recession at a time when we had decent growth.

We can talk down GDP in this forum, but under recording will do nicely for those with VI in property.

Edited by crashmonitor

0.8% confirmed

No need to review interest rates then, business as usual for the Bullingdon boys and the Milibot and his Bollinger Bolsheviks with their property empires.

So, happy to use the skewing of the housing market for their growth figure, but not prepared to put the resultant HPIs in the inflation figures?

Piss off.

And happy to change the rules with regard to interest rate setting....3.1% growth, 10% HPI and sub 7% unemployment.....all entirely compatible with ZIRP apparently.

And happy to change the rules with regard to interest rate setting....3.1% growth, 10% HPI and sub 7% unemployment.....all entirely compatible with ZIRP apparently.

Miracle Workers Inc.

Weakening, just as I'd expected. Q2 should be dramatically slower. HtB2 was too early. Osborne needs more debt to maintain the facade of recovery.

BmYU_U-CEAAytlR.jpg

In estate agents, lawyers & bankers we trust.

Go Gidiot.

Edited by R K

BmYU_U-CEAAytlR.jpg
In estate agents, lawyers & bankers we trust.
Go Gidiot.

Construction hardly looks 'booming'

Builders only ever seem to say the markets on fire or there's no work at all. Its never, things are ticking over nicely.

Weakening, just as I'd expected. Q2 should be dramatically slower. HtB2 was too early. Osborne needs more debt to maintain the facade of recovery.

My 2 mantras.

George came to soon.

Vote Labour for a cheaper house.

My 2 mantras.

George came to soon.

Vote Labour for a cheaper house.

Maybe if your chinese. Only way labour will give anyone an opportunity to buy a cheaper house is by trashing the pound. Go long anything that isnt sterling, i guess.

Builders only ever seem to say the markets on fire or there's no work at all. Its never, things are ticking over nicely.

Quite. Not building new houses just selling London / SE existing one's at higher prices to muppets.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/housing-starts

Housing starts still going nowhere, should suit the VIs ensuring scarcity of supply. I'm guessing the housing market is more about services than construction...........estate agents, solicitors, plumbers, plasterers, decorators. If it is anything to go by need a few jobs doing on the house but tradesman appear to have a bit of a backlog at the moment in Nottingham of several weeks.

Edited by crashmonitor

Maybe if your chinese. Only way labour will give anyone an opportunity to buy a cheaper house is by trashing the pound. Go long anything that isnt sterling, i guess.

That's kind of what i mean.

We need a mass external shitting of bricks on the news that they are back behind the wheel.

Yes all the pimp websites and blogs were talking about a 'break out' for GBPUSD to go 1.7 on the back of the prelim GDP. Needless to say I went short just before the announcement for a small profit (after the smart money had led a merry dance in pretending to go long).

Sad to say I think GBPUSD will go to 1.70 as it does seem to be on a roll. We may think the UK economy is a giant turd but there is a profit to be made, even if its just to get as short as possible.

Yes all the pimp websites and blogs were talking about a 'break out' for GBPUSD to go 1.7 on the back of the prelim GDP. Needless to say I went short just before the announcement for a small profit (after the smart money had led a merry dance in pretending to go long).

Sad to say I think GBPUSD will go to 1.70 as it does seem to be on a roll. We may think the UK economy is a giant turd but there is a profit to be made, even if its just to get as short as possible.

Selling off UK plc to foreigners all good for the pound apparently, not just London property but the 60 billion pound Astra Zeneca..

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/apr/28/pound-dollar-economic-optimism-astrazeneca-bid

Selling off UK plc to foreigners all good for the pound apparently, not just London property but the 60 billion pound Astra Zeneca..

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/apr/28/pound-dollar-economic-optimism-astrazeneca-bid

Can't quite figure it out, the BoE might be playing a blinder for all I know, selling overpriced decaying London bricks to foreigners to transfer the risk of the housing market, but selling decent companies (if they are decent) is worrying for the long term. I can only hope they pay well over the odds for it though! One suspects the glory days of pharma are over as we have discussed many a time on here.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Can't quite figure it out, the BoE might be playing a blinder for all I know, selling overpriced decaying London bricks to foreigners to transfer the risk of the housing market, but selling decent companies (if they are decent) is worrying for the long term. I can only hope they pay well over the odds for it though! One suspects the glory days of pharma are over as we have discussed many a time on here.

Markets are disappointed though, they expected more from this GDP release.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk-gdp-disappoints-sends-pound-lower-2014-04-29?link=MW_latest_news

Must admit I sold out last week encountering a small loss.

I have learnt the hard way, not to get in the way of a trend. Still I am sure that in the near future 12-18 months the Pound will be back to 1.6/USD

Quite. Not building new houses just selling London / SE existing one's at higher prices to muppets.

There are quite a number of completed new builds here in Somerset left on the market since last year. They cannot be shifted as people cannot afford to buy them.

The Barrat development Houndswood in Street has been under construction since 2008.

Quite a few 1/2 finished estates in the Bridgwater area, more in the Highbridge area.

And that's just my lile corner of Somerset.

There is strong demand for housing (hasn't there always been a need to live somewhere), but almost zero demand at these prices.

Must admit I sold out last week encountering a small loss.

I have learnt the hard way, not to get in the way of a trend. Still I am sure that in the near future 12-18 months the Pound will be back to 1.6/USD

Yes GBPUSD is a tricky one, starting to think 1.69 will be a push but once you think its struggling it goes up even more!

We'll get a better idea next after NFP I guess.

Thing is GBPUSD is in supply on the Daily. It could mushroom round.

Edited by aSecureTenant