House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
macbeth79

From £800K To £950K Since Sunday

I was looking at this house and on Sunday the 27th April 2014 it was £800,000 and today it is now £950,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45634697.html

How can prices go up by such an amount.

Well, they're not going to "give it away", are they? Someone will "snap it up" and will no longer have to "pay their landlord's mortgage".

Whole neighbourhoods are rapidly changing. Is this for the better?....only a small window of opportunity to exit, go where the flow is going.

Obviously no interest, so you jack the price up till it sells. Thats how markets work apparently

If it costs more it must be better.......everyone will want one or more.

Someone will no doubt make a "cheeky offer" of last week's asking price.

Might put in a cheek offer myself. £1,000,001!

Edited by aSecureTenant

A million quid for a 2 bedroom terraced house in Hackney with a few bells and whistles added, makes sense.

Well if you where interested you should have put a bid in for £800k, now it's going to cost £950k. That's HPI for you....

It's only about a 20% increase....

I thought Lonsdon prices were rising 20%mom.

There was a house advertised for sale around here - special price, must agree sale within two weeks or we will put the price up. Needless to say it didn't go sale agreed and the price went up. The house has since ben reduced to where it was and is still sitting on the market.

If I was an estate agetn there would be pissing around like this in my branch.

Yeah! what crash? Houses on this road were exchanging for under £300,000 in 2004. Things must be reaching the point where generational mortgages come to the market. Anyway you better get in quick, just calculate how much it could cost next Sunday at current price velocity.

Yeah! what crash? Houses on this road were exchanging for under £300,000 in 2004. Things must be reaching the point where generational mortgages come to the market. Anyway you better get in quick, just calculate how much it could cost next Sunday at current price velocity.

Footballers playing for lesser teams in the Premier League would just about be able afford this place, maybe they'd be better of jacking it in and signing on to get a free council house!

....ummm prices were 300 to 350,000 last year on the same street, now 950,000.

If prices come down from these levels then no one will dare buy. It`s like Japan, people will wait and wait and wait.

Perhaps it was just a mistake with the original price on Sun and it got corrected Mon?

A house 6 down on the same side of the road was on the market a month ago for £750k and now has a sold board on it.

I was looking at this house and on Sunday the 27th April 2014 it was £800,000 and today it is now £950,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45634697.html

How can prices go up by such an amount.

My car was up for sale last week for 5K, today it's yours for 20K. Do you want to buy it ? No. thought not.