House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AteMoose

Hpc Salary Survey

OK, what counts as earning? Do you include reaping the rewards for things you've done in the past - e.g. royalties for books? What about investment income - another manifestation of rewards for previous work?

(see, you can't conduct a poll without someone rubbishing it). :D

I would like to point out that last years (household) earnings have had a big hit with the arrival of a 3rd toddler which necessitated an increase in the demands of the (now) sole breadwinner against previous years.

Question for the three people to date that earned over £500k last year.

Please can I have some, it would really come in handy.

Question for the three people to date that earned over £500k last year.

Please can I have some, it would really come in handy.

If in UK I should like to thank them for keeping the politicians in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

given that a figure of £40,500 puts you in the top 10% of wage earners (though of course, wider wealth measurements would push that far higher), we are either very unrepresentative or liars...

I earn around that figure but only due to inheritance do I consider myself well off. Someone else earning that has a far more similar lifestyle to someone on 20k

As we have the thread that wealth not income is the driver of house prices perhaps we should have a net household worth thread.......I suspect wealth is often in inverse relationship to earned income.

I will be doubling my take home pay in the next 12 months, which will take me from the £30k - £45k bracket to the £45k - £60k bracket. The increase in income comes from additional self employed work I undertake outside of my daytime 9-5 job.

My income was much higher in the past whilst I was working 9-5 and running a small business in the evenings and weekend. I decided to cash in on that position and sold the business to increase my capital position - now I have a lower income, but a sizeable chunk of cash in the bank.

I point out to my OH everytime she mo ans about not having enough cash that we are in the top 1% of earners by global standards.

How about "Go and earn some more then" as an answer to that complaint? If she says that now imagine if she sprogs.

I earn what is by UK standards a lot of money, but a family and a demanding but not very productive wife eats it all up.

How about "Go and earn some more then" as an answer to that complaint? If she says that now imagine if she sprogs.

I earn what is by UK standards a lot of money, but a family and a demanding but not very productive wife eats it all up.

Nah - she isn't moaning at me - just a reflection of the high cost of living in Western Australia.

She would get a high score on the HPC suitable wife scale - hates waste, budgets, always turning lights off, and now its turned cold adopts a wear a jumper attitude

Nah - she isn't moaning at me - just a reflection of the high cost of living in Western Australia.

She would get a high score on the HPC suitable wife scale - hates waste, budgets, always turning lights off, and now its turned cold adopts a wear a jumper attitude

But Kurt, if she supports the blimmin western force she still won't get my vote....

Sounds good, excellent even, perhaps I was misled by your other post saying she wanted a 4WD followed by the mention of complaints about not having enough cash.

Sounds good, excellent even, perhaps I was misled by your other post saying she wanted a 4WD followed by the mention of complaints about not having enough cash.

Fortunately the SUV idea has gone away. The frugality of a Toyota Yaris (which is all we really need for 99.9% of our travel) seems to have won her heart for the time being :)

Fortunately the SUV idea has gone away. The frugality of a Toyota Yaris (which is all we really need for 99.9% of our travel) seems to have won her heart for the time being :)

I am perhaps more nervous of whining materialistic tendencies appearing in women than others due to my current predicament, bear with me if I appear a little cynical and jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

Me: last year on a Swiss salary, this year on a French one which is about a 1/3rd the Swiss salary with more tax to pay. Try that for a drop in income. I'm still reasonably well paid for France.

I am perhaps more nervous of whining materialistic tendencies appearing in women than others due to my current predicament, bear with me if I appear a little cynical and jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

You and me both. Had my French ex here for ten days. Its felt like a month.

Bristol airport tomorrow and back to Beziers with you foul woman.

Fair to say i wont be checking out any more of Redwines excellent posts in Overseas.

Still at least the cricket season is about to start.

My London based number came to an end in Feb. Not done a days graft since.

If you exclude trying to keep a nasty, entitled, French burd happy. That, is graft.

So income for current tax year will be south of £10k. Whereas previous have been regular £30-40k years.

Good job i don't need to earn much.