House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Spitting Image Documentary

A documentary with interviews with real politicians, singers, people from Have I got News for You, celebrities, etc

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

It's strange we had to lampoon our politicians back then, because now the current lot need no help at all from comedians! :blink:

My favourite Spitting Image moment:

As a schoolkid in the late 1990s, we had a much loathed, disciplinarian South African maths teacher, the wonderfully named Mr. Vuggard. Thanks to him, pretty much the entire population of the school had memorised the song (despite not getting many of the references, and in particularly having no idea who Breyten Breytenbach was) within days that broadcast.

Sadly I have met some very nice Suid Afrikaans, in both colors! :mellow:

I am umming and arring over buying the complete series of Spitting Image on DVD, it is about £65 new. But that documentary might be enough to satisfy nostalgic desires.

I think I saw this documentary on TV. It was such a good series. Not sure if it was "of its time" or if it would work now. Though such a thing was attempted a few years back in cartoon format, called "2DTV":

A little like Spitting Image it didn't always hit the mark, but John Prescott as the puffer fish was quite good among others.

The only people left to make "ricist" jokes about now are the Ozzies!

As I was explaining to an Australian colleague, now we can't tell Paddy, Yid, and **** jokes any more, it's all for you! :blink: