House Price Crash Forum
1929crash

Lloyds Bank Removes Overdraft Charges From Islamic Accounts

Lloyds Bank has said it will not charge Muslim customers if they go into their overdrafts.

The bank sent out a booklet this month explaining changes to its personal banking services, including one that would allow Muslims to avoid overdraft charges, The Telegraph reported.

The document stated: “We are removing the Monthly Overdraft Management Fee of £6 from our Islamic Account, Islamic Student Account and Islamic Graduate Account. So, if you use an Unplanned Overdraft on these accounts there won’t be any charges.”

Lloyds was accused of religious discrimination following the announcement. Barclays, Co-op Bank and RBS said they do not offer different bank accounts to Muslim customers.

James Daley, of the consumer group Fairer Finance, told The Telegraph: “The best thing would be for everyone to switch to the Islamic account to avoid these charges. But if everyone does that I doubt it will be financially viable for Lloyds.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lloyds-bank-removes-overdraft-fee-from-islamic-accounts-9291932.html

I'm off to open one tomorrow. B)

Why not? My horror at finding out I've been unwttingly eating kosher / halal meat with its barbaric method of slaughter has been ignored by politicians (except in Denamrk) so let's all follow the muslim way <_<

We had halal meat foistered on us...

Though you don't get any interest on any credit you have and it has fees for services.

Edited by aSecureTenant

We had halal meat foistered on us...

Though you don't get any interest on any credit you have and it has fees for services.

That's horrific! What would I do without the interest I receive on my current account balance when it is not overdrawn?

Well collectively people from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Somalia and similar nations living in Britain are disproportionately more likely to be living off benefits thus sponging off the British taxpayer so to be having bank accounts subsidised by us is just a continuation.

Once Dhimmi Dave and the LibLabCon import enough followers of the religion of peace i can see there being a civil war in Britain within the next 50 years.

Well collectively people from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Somalia and similar nations living in Britain are disproportionately more likely to be living off benefits thus sponging off the British taxpayer so to be having bank accounts subsidised by us is just a continuation.

Once Dhimmi Dave and the LibLabCon import enough followers of the religion of peace i can see there being a civil war in Britain within the next 50 years.

No. The 'religion of peace' are the 'useful idiots' required by LibLabCon to keep the populace continually insecure and under threat to justify intrusive repressive policies. Purely for our safety of course.

If we had any sense we'd team up with the Jihadists to throw Dim Dave and Co into the Thames, and then clean up the usurious crooks and liars in the 'square mile.'

What is discrimination because of religion or belief

It is against the law to discriminate against you because of your religion or belief. This applies:

when you buy or use goods and services

• at work
  • in education
  • in housing.

from the CAB website.

Another reason to vote UKIP

yup VOTE RENTIER!

This is what I like about British politics, its so mix and match. To get rid of the EU I have to vote for a bunch of rascist BTL landlords (who incidentally got rich, from the EU, renting properties to immigrants, and windfarms, you know - all the things they supposedly hate!)

Edited by aSecureTenant

yup VOTE RENTIER!

This is what I like about British politics, its so mix and match. To get rid of the EU I have to vote for a bunch of rascist BTL landlords (who incidentally got rich, from the EU, renting properties to immigrants, and windfarms, you know - all the things they supposedly hate!)

So keep voting for the LIBLABCON, the scum that have priced me and most on here out of the property market. A vote for any other party in 2015 isnt going to change a thing.

At least a PPE from OxBridge isnt a pre-requisite to be in the upper echelons of UKIP.

Open up "the old boys club" account and they pay YOU interest when you're in overdraft, and a golden handshake if you ever close the account. Great stuff.

True but after watching a clip of farage on HIGNFY last night defending giving his German wife a job (mrs asylum seeker is also Deutsch btw) unable to comprehend why he would employ anyone other than his wife to be his secretary as that's just how things are done at the trough, I am under no illusion he is just as self serving as the rest of them

No. The 'religion of peace' are the 'useful idiots' required by LibLabCon to keep the populace continually insecure and under threat to justify intrusive repressive policies. Purely for our safety of course.

If we had any sense we'd team up with the Jihadists to throw Dim Dave and Co into the Thames, and then clean up the usurious crooks and liars in the 'square mile.'

Try staying in parts of Rotherham or any area that is predominantly Muslim as i did the other year and come back and tell me they're really just harmless folk being used by the govt.

Its a dangerous place to be if you are white skinned.

yup VOTE RENTIER!

Quite. I'm really not sure why anyone in thier right mind would even consider voting UKIP. They are nothing more than the spittle-flecked, swivel-eyed, carpet-chewing, nutjob wing of the Tory party.

People tell me that I'm slightly Odd....

http://itsarandomworld.com/2014/03/24/

Quite. I'm really not sure why anyone in thier right mind would even consider voting UKIP. They are nothing more than the spittle-flecked, swivel-eyed, carpet-chewing, nutjob wing of the Tory party.

and that makes a vote for the Tories what?....a vote for the hidden above?

and that makes a vote for the Tories what?....a vote for the hidden above?

Presuming you're foolish enough to still believe that voting for any political party will result in any kind of change, then this question would have relevance. As the political system has long since been compromised and captured by the big business and the wealthy and serves only their interests the answer has to be that voting Tory or UKIP is equally pointless.

I see how they are paying for this.

I along with other "vantage" customers received a letter this week informing us that interest rates will be reduced by 1.5%

I will be closing my accounts very soon, having been with them for 35 years.

I am Christian by the way so would not be able to pretend to open an account.

Presuming you're foolish enough to still believe that voting for any political party will result in any kind of change, then this question would have relevance. As the political system has long since been compromised and captured by the big business and the wealthy and serves only their interests the answer has to be that voting Tory or UKIP is equally pointless.

and yet you take a keen interest in the "pittle-flecked, swivel-eyed, carpet-chewing, nutjob wing of the Tory party."

If you dont beleive in voting at all, then why pay any attention to any of the partys particular foibles?

Edited by Bloo Loo

I am Christian by the way so would not be able to pretend to open an account.

You don't have to. It's not an account for Muslims. It's just an account, open to anyone, that happens to be compatible with Islamic principles on interest.

The only possible moral reason to not be able to stomach opening the account is the name, which is literally just a name. If they offered a "Necrophiliac Belieber's account" offering 100% interest on positive balances, APR, would you open one? Or refuse simply on the basis of it's name? It'd put all my money into it.

and yet you take a keen interest in the "pittle-flecked, swivel-eyed, carpet-chewing, nutjob wing of the Tory party."

If you dont beleive in voting at all, then why pay any attention to any of the partys particular foibles?

I'm not sure what your point is. Why should I not take an interest in the world around me?

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for the same party/system that's been enslaving the british people and running the country for the good of the bankers and their business chums for the last 30 years.

Are you having a laugh, or are you just a brain dead idiot ?

I'm not sure what your point is. Why should I not take an interest in the world around me?

so where are the same swivelled eyed loons going in the labour party, oh observant one?