House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Got A Campervan Or Motorhome?

Economic Exile

HOLA441

In answer to your question, the old serina is small compared to a Haice, the advantage is that you can see out, higher than your average box.

The engine is based on an ancient Perkins design (supposedly)

Can you get a ukulele in it? :mellow:

HOLA442
HOLA443

I liked living North of the Wall, apart from the weather, and you could always visit Mr "ccc" and be a "mental burd"! :o

Good luck with the van dream! :rolleyes:

Enough mental burds up here already :)

HOLA444

@ swissyfit

I think campervan//motorhome breaks are varied depending on what people want. It can be cheap or expensive. Some basic sites are £5 per night and go up to £30+. You can also fly park which costs nothing. But as you point out this could be risky.

Some folks want company and facilities on sites. It probably is sometimes no cheaper than conventional facilities but I suppose some people just prefer vans.

Others like me want away from it all. One thing I've noticed about campsites is that there can be eg only two tents.caravans or campervans on a site but they are often right next to each other. I'd be wanting to be as far away as I could. :lol:

I also like my van for days out. I can walk then return to my van for food, coffee and a roll up.

HOLA445

Yep, the ukulele fits a treat.

A couple of years ago I trapped a cat in the back. She tried to jump through the side windows, then the back at full tilt! Took a full couple of years to tame her down!

Yet another use for an import van!

You are obviously good witth animals! :blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

No, I`ve never found that to be the case! Are you sure?

I just try to be myself and then endure the blizzard of shit that gets thrown at me.

Let me tell you a cat story!

Was staying with GF of the time, lady with cats! Don't get near that one, she doesn't like people, so be careful!

Anyway, when GF came home from work! I had the little cat, all 15 inches of her, up on her back legs, with my hand on her head, dancing round in a circle, purring like a diesel! My little pole dancer!

GF's comment was " how the fug did you do that?"

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I like cats but dogs are better for campervan travels. :) The cat I had hated travelling she had to be put in a box and meowed constantly.

My two border terriers have a couch each to snooze on when travelling and are lucky to visit beaches and woods etc.

HOLA4412

Welcome to cat lovers anonymouse!

(did you see what I did there?)

`my cat` loves me too, she`s never once sat on the wife`s lap.

Maybe your wife has a tremendously smelly part? :blink:

Actually, I think lady cats like men!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Let me tell you a cat story!

Was staying with GF of the time, lady with cats! Don't get near that one, she doesn't like people, so be careful!

Anyway, when GF came home from work! I had the little cat, all 15 inches of her, up on her back legs, with my hand on her head, dancing round in a circle, purring like a diesel! My little pole dancer!

GF's comment was " how the fug did you do that?"

Yay, you're the cat whisperer.

HOLA4415

I like cats but dogs are better for campervan travels. :) The cat I had hated travelling she had to be put in a box and meowed constantly.

My two border terriers have a couch each to snooze on when travelling and are lucky to visit beaches and woods etc.

Cats like where they are and dogs like where you are! :mellow:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I recommend watching the film Sightseers if you need some inspiration.

Ha ...absolutely loved that film, it's Nuts in May gone bad. Makes you think twice about asking a dog owner to clear up their mess at a National Heritage Park. And such a romantic ending.

Back on topic, I was doing some campervan-ish research a few months ago and ended up reading this guys blog. Total geezer, leaves his flat, and buys himself a Swift Kontiki Motorhome from Ebay http://www.livinginamotorhome.co.uk/

HOLA4418

Yay, you're the cat whisperer.

Cats are just contrary b*stards, I don't like them much so they always come to me.

An ex-gf, when her cat climbed all over me all the time, told me they just recognise kindred spirits.

That makes you and I selfish sensual lazy sluts, Pinny.

HOLA4419

Cats are just contrary b*stards, I don't like them much so they always come to me.

An ex-gf, when her cat climbed all over me all the time, told me they just recognise kindred spirits.

That makes you and I selfish sensual lazy sluts, Pinny.

As I understand it cats see people who smile showing their teeth / widen their eyes and go "here puss puss" as slightly threatening whereas people who don't like cats narrow their eyes and look away which is seen as submissive. So if you don't want them on you smile wide showing your teeth :D

HOLA4420

As I understand it cats see people who smile showing their teeth / widen their eyes and go "here puss puss" as slightly threatening whereas people who don't like cats narrow their eyes and look away which is seen as submissive. So if you don't want them on you smile wide showing your teeth :D

This is true. To say hello to my cat, I close my eyes and look away, which to a cat means "I trust you enough not to have to watch you."

Back on topic - we have one of these:

trailer-tent-20140408080313.jpg

Two double-beds and two gas-rings. For longer stays there's an extension we put up.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Archived