House Price Crash Forum

Mother Who Needlessly Gave Her Son An Alibi For An Attempted Murder He Hadn’T Committed Is Jailed

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2612942/Mother-needlessly-gave-son-alibi-attempted-murder-HADNT-committed-jailed.html

• Fabian O'Driscoll walks free from court after attempted murder charge dropped
  • His mother Margaret told police he was at home during street shooting
  • CCTV footage proving it was a false alibi also helped clear her son
  • 43-year-old jailed for eight months after admitting perverting course of justice

Ms O’Driscoll, of Waincliffe Avenue, Chorlton, lied to officers and told them he was at home at the time of the crime, sticking to her story in repeated accounts over several weeks - even after CCTV evidence proved he was on the street.

In an ironic twist, the same footage that revealed Ms O’Driscoll had lied about her son’s whereabouts, leading to her conviction, also cleared him.

Fabian O’Driscoll was wearing light-coloured clothing on the night of the shooting - and while the victim had identified him as responsible, the shooter was dressed entirely in black.

Just shows how little trust some people have in the police for them to do their jobs properly.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I dont blame her, blood being thicker than water and all that. Im sure most family members would lie for others, but it always makes me laugh when the TV courts them and expects the general public to believe their innocent because theyre 'their mother'

Mothers are the last I would trust to be honest.

HOLA444
HOLA445

That is what most Mums would do - even Mums who have the hearts of angels and who know that their child is a wrong 'un. They just are biologically and emotionally bonded to try and protect their child.

As a man I cannot begin to imagine the bond that Mothers have with their off-spring. It has taken me many years since my own Mother has passed on to even begin to comprehend that bond :)

Archived