House Price Crash Forum
longgone

9% By September Everyone Clap Your Hands

FFS, it's a survey of Zoopla visitors - what did they think the response was going to be?

The comments are rather more measured. And nice to see two articles in one day where the bullish commenters are starting to get nasty as fear begins to set in. Self-made losers - lol :)

Yup, I call bullish fear. I believe it has started at least in my area, whole streets up for sale, a sold sign appears then it sits for a while then its for sale again. I live in a little cul de sac maybe 15 houses at least half are for sale. Of course they all want crazy money but no one is buying, lots are forced into renting it out. I know the house opposite had his beemer repossessed. Everyone I know who is trying to sell is entering quiet resignation and these arent even "expensive" houses a bloke in my work was bemoaning how he cant sell his 100k terrace just today.

Whenever I meet a bull I can see the fear in there eyes and the aggression is to cover the fear. Thing is how do you tell people who think they were worth all that money? they were sold a dream and are in denial.

I keep being told if I dont buy now Ill never be able to buy but all I see is fear everywhere I look. Whats the psychological term when lots of humans buy into a bad idea then try and force it onto everyone else so they can feel like they have some sort of safety in numbers?

Ill believe recovery when everyone is in a position to turn down 40k a year jobs as opposed to working in poundland.

Very disappointed with this thread title. I was hoping that the BoE had indicated interest rates on savings rising to 9%. But there's more chance of that happening than the current bull trap in house prices continuing.

Very disappointed with this thread title. I was hoping that the BoE had indicated interest rates on savings rising to 9%. But there's more chance of that happening than the current bull trap in house prices continuing.