House Price Crash Forum

Mse - Property Crash ?

HOLA441

What!? Reads like they kept the last house. The market owes you nothing Juliejobs.

Landofwood
You overpaid and the house is now massively overvalued. I'm sure the EA said you got a good deal. They say things like that a lot. You need a significant price reduction.

Juliejoobs
Thanks Landofwood, but why do you say we overpaid? Actually we got it for 10k less than asking price

Landofwood
10k less than a made up number. This house is probably worth 450-500k.

Landofwood
Your house is lovely, it's huge and is a nice spec. But people don't drop 600k on a house with no garden. No way. Not gonna happen. Your valuation is totally out of sync with other family homes in the area. You could leave it on for 600k and you might find a buyer within the next few years. There is a very limited number of buyers looking for your house.

Juliejoobs
For the record, my ex gets none of the proceeds of this house. He gets out old house. He doesn't care if it sells for one pound. (Even though it's his children's welfare that's at stake). I owe it to them to get the maximum asking price for this property.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

It makes me sick when i read comments like her last one.

Always the father at fault, always him that is causing his children's welfare to suffer. No doubt when he's paying thousands in maintenance a month it will still be somehow her that is paying for the kids not him.

As another poster says, she is owed nothing. They had two houses. Now she can reap what she has sown.

HOLA444
HOLA445

It makes me sick when i read comments like her last one.

Always the father at fault, always him that is causing his children's welfare to suffer. No doubt when he's paying thousands in maintenance a month it will still be somehow her that is paying for the kids not him.

As another poster says, she is owed nothing. They had two houses. Now she can reap what she has sown.

It seems, folks, we have found the greatest of the greater fools.

HOLA446

Have had about seven viewings, no offers. Price not been the issue, more that some want a bigger garden, others want a garage..

This "price is not the issue" idea always makes me laugh. It's always about the price. Granted, maybe price wasn't the reason the viewers didn't buy it - they've already decided that they are spending £600k on their next house, and they'll choose the best one they can find for the money (not this one, as it turns out). So you need to be the best house in a certain price range, and that means lowering the price until you find out what that price range is.

Somewhere between the current price and a fiver is a price at which this house will sell tomorrow, in a week, in a month.

HOLA447

This "price is not the issue" idea always makes me laugh. It's always about the price. Granted, maybe price wasn't the reason the viewers didn't buy it - they've already decided that they are spending £600k on their next house, and they'll choose the best one they can find for the money (not this one, as it turns out). So you need to be the best house in a certain price range, and that means lowering the price until you find out what that price range is.

Somewhere between the current price and a fiver is a price at which this house will sell tomorrow, in a week, in a month.

I don't think that is right

I think the lower end of the range is a tenner, not a fiver

;-)

HOLA448
HOLA449

It is endless the tripe that is posted on a daily basis by the same people who repeat the same message 100's of times

Steady on,,,,that's why I do.

THE CRASH STARTS TOMORROW

Actually, looking at the property I just listed on teh shires crashing thread, the crash started today

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4410

Magic number, that 600k.

House near us was up for sale @ 600k.

Most the houses have ever gone for was 300k.

They are probably worth 200k.

None have sold for at least 11 years.

Anyhow, talking to the busty divorcee, she also needs 600k to clear the mortgage, have a holiday, and by a smaller house.

Magic things these houses.

HOLA4411

I already knew, Venger, it was you resurrecting this thread. How do you find them?

I was on MSE a while back, peddlimg my chrome extension. The discussion turned to why past sold prices should matter. I pointed out that if a house had sold for an average price 5 times in a row, and you pay 30% above average price, then unless there has been a material change or other factor in relation to other houses to increase it's relative value, then you are likely to sell it at average price, and that constitutes a loss, even if it is more than you paid.

The concept is lost on many of these people. The idea that you can overpay is foreign.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Magic number, that 600k.

House near us was up for sale @ 600k.

Most the houses have ever gone for was 300k.

They are probably worth 200k.

None have sold for at least 11 years.

Anyhow, talking to the busty divorcee, she also needs 600k to clear the mortgage, have a holiday, and by a smaller house.

Magic things these houses.

was busty her financial standing?

HOLA4414

I already knew, Venger, it was you resurrecting this thread. How do you find them?

I was on MSE a while back, peddlimg my chrome extension. The discussion turned to why past sold prices should matter. I pointed out that if a house had sold for an average price 5 times in a row, and you pay 30% above average price, then unless there has been a material change or other factor in relation to other houses to increase it's relative value, then you are likely to sell it at average price, and that constitutes a loss, even if it is more than you paid.

The concept is lost on many of these people. The idea that you can overpay is foreign.

Via a bit of searching on HPC for keyword MSE, Digsby. Although I messed up initially, first posting it on this thread (below), without realising I was in HPC Regional England/Greater London forum. Had to edit it and remove, for the rightmove property was not in London, and posted it to this thread instead.

An Mse Tale Of Woe

Started by Twenty Something, 19 Jan 2015

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/202833-an-mse-tale-of-woe/

[This space reserved for Venger's HPC bleeding hearts]

You're smart with your tech Digsby. :) Oh and fully agree. Concept lost. Yet what can I/we do in a market for resources (don't we all want a home) comprising of tens of millions of people, and more with foreign buyers, all who have their own market view and free-will ?? It can't be one side to bail out those who have put big claims on resources or expect HPI forever from these levels.