House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Mse - Property Crash ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4954624

they seem hopefully that there is no crash coming. I do not wish to point out we are in the middle of a crash.

No mention of the London mega bubble/state propaganda driving sentiment or ALL of the lending coming from dodgy government printed money or the that the government borrowing/spending/money printing is unsustainable, or the Americans are tapering, or the potential of war in russia etc etc etc.

It's all good news.

We should buy now before we miss out....

Now, own up, who started that thread ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

3 properties relisted here this week, 2 with 50K drops, 1 with 25K drop.

'09 was last time I saw that.

Hardly any new listings this week - which surprised me as it's usually nuts this time of year.

Interesting to note that over on the Mortgages board there is already considerable moaning about the effect that the new mortgage lending calculators is having on the amount that people are able to borrow.

Hardly any new listings this week - which surprised me as it's usually nuts this time of year.

Tasty price cuts. What were the original asking prices may I ask?

*NOTE* the losers over on HPC are watching this thread with interest .... one small crumb of hope in their sad worlds .....

For what it's worth - the housing market is as solid and robust as it has ever been in the 50 years I have been in it ........... I have seen crashes, I have seen booms.

This isn't a boom - it's a gentle 9% annual increase which has priced those on HPC out of the market quite convincingly ...... which has to be a wonderful moment in the joys of life

Nice chap, Probably doesn't realise that it is pricing out everybody.

Tasty price cuts. What were the original asking prices may I ask?

All around 500K (which is why I noticed as at top of list) could have been movements below that but these are all ones that have been on for a while.

Quite a lot of supply added and few recent sale agreed in postcode TA9

If the stock keeps coming on at this rate, coupled with fewer mortgage approvals due to MMR there should be price cuts ready for the Boomers with their pensions next April.

Wouldn't surprise me if 'they' create a mini-boom, then put the brakes on lending to drive down prices ready for the Boomers suckers with their pensions. Look how much you could have made between X and Y, put your pension here.

Nice chap, Probably doesn't realise that it is pricing out everybody.

Of course they do. The value of their homes going up and up is bliss for many of them. Their wealth position improved. Whichever way you present HPI being bad, house prices that got ever more expensive, year after year, including since 2009, makes it worse for me as a non-owner, than it does for any owner.

Yet here on hpc you regularly have had members giving lots of excuses for buyers, going back years and years (2006/07 prices look cheap now compared to market today)... even today (sorry hotmail but yours being latest example I can remember) - and also a heavily anti-repossession forgiveness apologist element. At least that MSE forum isn't full of big idealist 'crash that hurts no-one' softies.

Those poor young people. It's like lambs to the slaughter.

They just want a home. It should be an exciting and hopeful time of one's life....not one driven by fear and trepidation of losing out forever more whilst saddling oneselves with unimaginable debts..

Buyers-gather-yesterday-o-011.jpg

From that MSE thread.. lust for borrowing, and another oldie congratulating themselves about their housing wealth, where at HPC you'd think all the oldies want lower house prices for their kids lol.
Interesting to note that over on the Mortgages board there is already considerable moaning about the effect that the new mortgage lending calculators is having on the amount that people are able to borrow.
*NOTE* the losers over on HPC are watching this thread with interest .... one small crumb of hope in their sad worlds .....
For what it's worth - the housing market is as solid and robust as it has ever been in the 50 years I have been in it ........... I have seen crashes, I have seen booms.
This isn't a boom - it's a gentle 9% annual increase which has priced those on HPC out of the market quite convincingly ...... which has to be a wonderful moment in the joys of life
Edited by Venger

FACT

Rising house prices come from one of two place's

Rising wages

Falling interest rates.

FACT- Wages wont rise because open borders mean someone will do your job for minimum wage - or less. Offshoring does the same

FACT- Interest rates cant go lower.

Those are the only 2 things that have driven house prices over the last century.

Sorry moronic MSE posters, you wont be getting a free lunch like your boomer parents did. So learn a skill, stop listening to Martin Lewis, and for gods sake, learn that unless you own more than one house or are downsizing, rising house prices DONT benefit you even if you are on 'the ladder'

Edited by Executive Sadman

This isn't a boom - it's a gentle 9% annual increase which has priced those on HPC out of the market quite convincingly ...... which has to be a wonderful moment in the joys of life biggrin.gif

How rude. Don't they realise that several posters on here have saved enough to buy in cash.

9% annual increase is gentle? He needs to read this and get a little perspective!

Over the past century, housing prices have grown at a compound annual rate of just 0.3 percent once one adjusts for inflation

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/catherine-rampell-americans-think-owning-a-home-is-better-for-them-than-it-is/2014/04/21/5e9f4dd2-c979-11e3-93eb-6c0037dde2ad_story.html?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

Basically, it is the mentality of the MSE lot that is why we are in this awful situation in the first place. The MSE sheeple have this faustian pact with the banks, whereby if they throw them a few crumbs, they'll allow the banksters to milk them dry in every single other area of life. Food, fuel, durables, car finance, tuition.

This is why democracy is so evil. The idiocy of the masses.

How far would they need to drop in price to be value in your opinion?

I've lost all perspective. A similar house but with 1 acre came on market a couple of weeks back at 400K and went STC next day.

But there are stacks that have not moved for a year, some for over 5.

I think we've hit a maximum leverage situation now - property is priced just outside the max most people are able to borrow. As new mortgage products come on market (like 95%s back) more people can buy again, but within weeks the prices have moved above. A situation which doesn't bode well if IR move up faster than wages.

With the new lending criteria prices are falling back a bit to keep to top of buyers maximum gearing.

Still not sure we'll see a crash in next 2 years - can see a lot of ways this can become the norm for a while - but anyone who thinks London will go up another 9% next year is going to need some new mechanism for leverage to make that happen (which could be wages, who knows).

How rude. Don't they realise that several posters on here have saved enough to buy in cash.

9% annual increase is gentle? He needs to read this and get a little perspective!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/catherine-rampell-americans-think-owning-a-home-is-better-for-them-than-it-is/2014/04/21/5e9f4dd2-c979-11e3-93eb-6c0037dde2ad_story.html?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

9% a year is terribly low, it means I'm earning more (just about) by going out to work than my house is by sitting there.

And I'll have to wait till 2030 before my house is worth a million quid.. (worth is probably not the correct word ) Plus it may be tricky for someone to buy for 30x average local wage. Even with a 80% government-backed guaranteed deposit and -2% interest rates under HTB IX.

From that MSE thread.. lust for borrowing, and another oldie congratulating themselves about their housing wealth, where at HPC you'd think all the oldies want lower house prices for their kids lol.

That MSE poster is a moron - if people can't afford to buy his property, then it's not worth as much as he thinks it is.

:rolleyes:

Personally, I think credit is the main driver of house prices.

Credit has to be at a rate people can afford. If they cant afford zero (ie repayment only, no interest), prices aint going higher. Its the rate of credit itself that changes prices. Once there, you get into the territory of gifted deposits. Who knows, maybe camoron will gift people 50% deposits. The man is obviously a loon.

Where is "here"?

Its an anonymous forum about house prices throughout Britain i never understand why people arent specific to the area of which they are talking about.

In West Hampshire 2 places that i have been looking at have came back on the market today at the same price.

Where is "here"?

Its an anonymous forum about house prices throughout Britain i never understand why people arent specific to the area of which they are talking about.

In West Hampshire 2 places that i have been looking at have came back on the market today at the same price.

Everywhere I look in london has doubled in a week...to be fair, it's diffent there :lol:

I'm not sure if this is irony or if they are just dumb!

9% isn't a gentle increase it's exponential insanity. Although I do like the assumption that everyone on here either don't own a home or have a mortgage! We are just all lunatic renters!

I'm not sure if this is irony or if they are just dumb!

9% isn't a gentle increase it's exponential insanity. Although I do like the assumption that everyone on here either don't own a home or have a mortgage! We are just all lunatic renters!

Lets be fair thats probably what prices have risen by if they bought in 2000, just a pity they arent bright enough to see it isnt sustainable without taxpayer handouts to parasitic scum like them.