House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrozenOut

Trolls And Bulls

Beenhearingitforyears and London Land Lady, are by there very nature very bullish, I think we need to calm it with the troll calling, as both have now pointed out that we really can't be slamming people who have different views on the market to our own, we all realise the valuable contribution some of the bulls make but we need to really stop jumping on people who don't see eye to eye with what we do.

I like to read the forum daily, but as someone put it slapping each other on the back is pretty pointless as we do need all opinions.

Trolls are generally irritating and don't tend to have too much depth in their arguments, reading beenhearingitforyears's posts I don't think they are worthy of the troll lable.

If a bull wants to come on here and ramp up property and buy to let, then let them they are no different in some ways to the vested interests who have ten times more power over the market place.

The best way to deal with bulls is to fight their arguments with counter argument, not to slap a troll badge on them because they don't believe what we think or what we say.

Have a good day everyone, political death to the chancellor and bring on the crash!

Just my 2p's worth :)

Guest wrongmove

Hear hear !!

I have to agree with LL on one thing. AWOOGA does often seem to mean Anyone With Opposite Opinion Go Away. How can one post make a troll ? If anything is going to put off neutral or undecided visitor to this site it is this childish AWOOGAing of anyone who takes a mainstream view of property.

Beat the bulls with reasoned argument backed up with data, not with foot stamping and name calling.

Landladys posts just seem naieve and narrow minded to me, no law again being a numpty though :) Ive not read many of beenhearingitforyears posts but seems normal enough.

So yea i agree put the troll shooter back in its holster.

I am a bear with occasional bullish doubts. If I had no doubts at all and knew exactly what is going to happen to the housing market, I would not be on this site. I want to hear both sides of the argument and have learned from both bulls (like TTRTR) and bears alike on this forum.

If the bulls were 100% bullish without any doubts, they would probably ignore this website completely.

Maybe the bulls do have a niggling doubt that if they did try to sell their portfolios, they might be a little disappointed with the prices they could achieve?

thanks.

as bid confused by the reaction to my 1st post which was NOT inflamatary. And i was laughing at all the girlie name calling. PLEASE!!! do you really think you gain any respect for slagging someone and not even referencing their point of view?

Luckily in the UK we have freedom of speech and a few girlie school yard type bullies are not going to hound me off these boards........

BUT i will for sure be interested to read posts from serious posters and look forward to LEARNING more about the market. cheers

I agree with this.

However I must say that London Landlady's use of three simultaneous names is rather manic behaviour - I mean why bother!

But we need more not less bulls on this forum. But we do need a better definition of bull and bear. For me it is not Bear = good and bull = bad. Instead it is

Bull = one who believes residential property prices in the UK are on an upward trend

Bear = one who believes residential property prices in the UK are on a downward trend

To my mind it is a no-brainer.

However some (provocative) apparent bulls do themselves no favours by tempering their arguments with a sort of "I told you so" gloating about how well they are doing with their property investments. This is irrelevant to the bull / bear argument. It also antisocial.

Dont ban the bulls, give them an ASBO instead!

Landladys posts just seem naieve and narrow minded to me, no law again being a numpty though :) Ive not read many of beenhearingitforyears posts but seems normal enough.

So yea i agree put the troll shooter back in its holster.

I think I probably do sound naive - but I originally came on to counter the "all BTL are in a mess" argument.

Anyway, I am a very bullish person about property & will go on being so & am happy to debate the issue with the bears.

I think I probably do sound naive - but I originally came on to counter the "all BTL are in a mess" argument.

Anyway, I am a very bullish person about property & will go on being so & am happy to debate the issue with the bears.

Fair enough :)

I agree with this.

However I must say that London Landlady's use of three simultaneous names is rather manic behaviour - I mean why bother!

I only used 3 aliases because once I was Trolled - I couldn't post - and I then reregisterred to say I couldn't post - got trolled again & then re-registered again & got trolled a third time.

It was an error with the site - so it got fixed by the lovely moderators.

Yes I am proabably a bit manic! but I was really cross.

I too am bullish in that I think property is a good long term (20+ year) investment. However currently I am bearish in that it is a terrible short to medium term investment.

LL do you really think property prices will increase in the next year, I'm fascinated to understand what you truly believe ????

LL do you really think property prices will increase in the next year, I'm fascinated to understand what you truly believe ????

I don't think property prices everywhere will go up - & I haven't said that

What I think is that (round here) prices will rise in the spring - due to increased demand - BTL's, city bonuses, SIPPS etc.

I don't think they will go up double digits next year - and they have fallen around 10%.

The days of adding 20% per year stopped round here at least 18m ago.

That's just my opinion - I don't have any scientific evidence, but I do have the experience of what happens round here every spring.

If you want to join a forum where your view is perhaps contrary to the main view there, you must be prepared for flak and have your argument well prepared.

A cursory examination of HPC would show the prevailing attitude and that there are many posters with a wealth of research and information to backup their views.

Now others use "gut instinct", fair enough, but the "methodologists" aren't going to accept that and probably vice versa. So with belief on each side there is bound to be some confrontation.

I see similar on car forums, go onto a site for a particular model, criticise it and just see the response!

Also, it is probably not too wise to post your first "challenging" post at 11.57 pm when some posters are in shall we say, "flippant" mode after perhaps a few glasses.

Ultimately, Bull or Bear, you have to make decisions in your life for your life.

The greater your knowledge base for those decisions the better.

I've no problem with Bulls posting on the site, but I do have a problem with someone intent on deceiving and lying to the members and casual readers of this forum.

LL is now posting using her FOURTH aliases Lady Lea on THIS thread, where Sledgehead has exposed who she really is.

IMHO some of you people need to get a grip

I've no problem with Bulls posting on the site, but I do have a problem with someone intent on deceiving and lying to the members and casual readers of this forum.

LL is now posting using her FOURTH aliases Lady Lea on THIS thread, where Sledgehead has exposed who she really is.

IMHO some of you people need to get a grip

I'm very sorry but you are a LIAR.

Ask the morerators - they know who I am & I am NOT lady lea.

There are elements of an "all BTL are in a mess" argument on this forum, but

having been a poster for sometime, I've always thought there was a strong general respect for some more established landlords to do their job proffesionally, and an understanding that they would not be in a financial mess compared to Newcomer LL's as they had a lot more equity, so could afford to take a hit as the market tanked.

Why they decided not to sell high & buy low is another story ;)

Beenhearingitforyears and London Land Lady, are by there very nature very bullish, I think we need to calm it with the troll calling, as both have now pointed out that we really can't be slamming people who have different views on the market to our own, we all realise the valuable contribution some of the bulls make but we need to really stop jumping on people who don't see eye to eye with what we do.

I like to read the forum daily, but as someone put it slapping each other on the back is pretty pointless as we do need all opinions.

Trolls are generally irritating and don't tend to have too much depth in their arguments, reading beenhearingitforyears's posts I don't think they are worthy of the troll lable.

If a bull wants to come on here and ramp up property and buy to let, then let them they are no different in some ways to the vested interests who have ten times more power over the market place.

The best way to deal with bulls is to fight their arguments with counter argument, not to slap a troll badge on them because they don't believe what we think or what we say.

Have a good day everyone, political death to the chancellor and bring on the crash!

Couldn't agree more, just because they don't hold the same views as us does not make them trolls.

There are elements of an "all BTL are in a mess" argument on this forum, but

having been a poster for sometime, I've always thought there was a strong general respect for some more established landlords to do their job proffesionally, and an understanding that they would not be in a financial mess compared to Newcomer LL's as they had a lot more equity, so could afford to take a hit as the market tanked.

Why they decided not to sell high & buy low is another story ;)

Well, I haven't sold as I wanted to wait 10 years to get maximum capital gains relief.

I'm very sorry but you are a LIAR.

Thats rich coming from someone who has posted under 4 other names, and when challanged about it LIES their back teeth off :rolleyes: Would you like links to refresh your memory, thats the trouble about being a liar you cannot keep track of them can you.

Thats rich coming from someone who has posted under 4 other names, and when challanged about it LIES their back teeth off :rolleyes: Would you like links to refresh your memory, thats the trouble about being a liar you cannot keep track of them can you.

I'm very sorry but I am not going to discuss this with you.

I have been told by the moderators to ignore anyone who accuses me of being people who posted before my first post.

The moderators know who I am.

Have to agree - I've just read through the BTL thread and the responses to LL are, in places, shocking. Furthermore, the majority of these really poor responses to someone simply posting their own opinions/experiences were from long-term members of this site.

Obviously there has been a severe lack of open discussion and debate from the start!

Completely agree with this. I'm not comfortable with someone being classed as a troll just for having a different point of view.

I would like to see more healthy debates on here rather than a 'we've got it right, you've got it wrong' kind of mentality. It's good to get a different perspective on things and listen to other people's opinions.

I completely agree. The bulls add value to this board - their arguments have to be encountered with well thought-out posts, not with calling them names or branding them as trolls for having an opinion in the first place!