House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PricedOutNative

Easter Shoppers Stay At Home

Fears over ‘feelgood factor’ as Easter shoppers stay at home

I'm surprised they did not mention although it was bright in the mornings by mid afternoon it had clouded over, the British shopper now needs ideal weather conditions to perform at optimum levels being too hot, too cold, too wet, too unseasonable or too mixed can result in them not spending like they used to; somehow we need to fix the weather and thus fix the economy, thank goodness the bedrock of our economy ‘House Prices’ are continuing to rise or we’d be in real economic trouble!

I'm surprised they did not mention although it was bright in the mornings by mid afternoon it had clouded over, the British shopper now needs ideal weather conditions to perform at optimum levels being too hot, too cold, too wet, too unseasonable or too mixed can result in them not spending like they used to; somehow we need to fix the weather and thus fix the economy, thank goodness the bedrock of our economy ‘House Prices’ are continuing to rise or we’d be in real economic trouble!

:lol:

Director Diane Wehrle said: “While the overriding economic indicators are positive, consumer confidence up, unemployment down, inflation down, it is clearly not translating to people’s spending habits. Consumers are very nervous.”

Where do they get this rubbish from?

There is no need to leave home to shop.....shopping is often easier and cheaper without leaving home.......people go out to shop either as a recreational pass the time, meet up with friends, change of scenery, something to look at, touch or smell, maybe even a new taste, protection from the elements......can do all of that without purchasing anything of need or rush in and out as quickly as possible to get what you went there for, no dilly dallying......not everyone likes shopping.

Director Diane Wehrle said: “While the overriding economic indicators statistics are positive, consumer confidence up, unemployment down, inflation down, it is clearly not translating to people’s spending habits. Consumers are very nervous.”

Where do they get this rubbish from?

Can you see the problem?

It was a like a return to the 80s where I live. I popped out on Sunday for a loaf of bread and some cake as I had visitors coming - and it turned into a bit of a quest. Every single shop was closed - including all of the major supermarkets. Ended up cycling around 10 miles to finally find a small Spar that was open.

Another thing people are doing more is far less of the credit shopping than they used to....unsecured debt is harder to get, so they shop with money they already own, already earned, available spare cash in their pockets (after living bills of necessity have been paid)....the foot flow may be there but the spend per foot is less, less inpulsive card shopping. ;)

All the shoppers were clearly in Newcastle/Gateshead over the weekend. In particular Team Valey retail park.

I just wanted paint and some rollers damn it.

In BBC land, if inflation is falling, prices are falling.

Seriously!

I suspect you could be right.

My costs have fallen....i stopped frivolous spending in 2009 when interest rates went to 0.5%, the money printed started, VAT went to 20% and the country was pushed into deliberate unaffordable inflation....fec the money men :D

Since it was easter...maybe Mr. "Christian" Cameron should learn from...well....Christ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleansing_of_the_Temple

" where he expels the money changers from the Temple, accusing them of turning the Temple into a den of thieves through their commercial activities"

Cameron needs to grow a para-bols.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Yeah, it's the fault of all those outdoor shops we have now that provide no protection from the elements....